BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I would rather the club not state if there's a healthy budget or not. There's fine margins to try stay ahead of the game with most championship clubs in the same predicament. If we go for cash bids or not, The process would be much easier if the club selling the player doesn't hold out for more knowing we have cash to spend. This club is so unpredictable, The club has cash coming from sales/clauses but doesn't mean it's available as the smokescreen from Pune is still above us with no one knowing exactly what's going on. Mowbray always stated cash is there for the right player and after Brererton signing il always hold hope as we are in a better place financially and well away from ffp

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

20 million zloty war chest, standing by your beds

Waiting for an update from these often loopy threads

No-one has an inkling, no-one has a clue,

Especially Mr Nixon, (a chancer, through and through)

Down the hill at Brockhall, Eustace has a plan,

Wait till no-one's looking, then throw the shit at fan,

Money in the kitty? I think we know that's tosh

The chicken choking shit-show, has scarpered with the dosh.

One thing that is certain, just what the club will do,

If Chaddy says it's one thing, the opposite comes true 😉

Sorry Chris. Only joking. Keep that finger firmly on the pulse - the rest of us are taking the summer off till there's actually some news 🙂

20 million zloty is about £4m quid which would be poor compared to incomings but more than many expect.... Maybe 20 million rupees would be more accurate?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DackDackGoose said:

An article is stating Ipswich interested in gallagher still and will pay 8m 😂 go on then. Though he probably is worth that considering how inept our recruitment has been.. will end up with siggy and leonard up top.

I hope ,I never see Siggy playing again in a blue n white shirt , a waste of space .

7 minutes ago, DackDackGoose said:

An article is stating Ipswich interested in gallagher still and will pay 8m 😂 go on then. Though he probably is worth that considering how inept our recruitment has been.. will end up with siggy and leonard up top.

I'd drive him there myself.

I'd pocket some of the transfer fee as compensation though as obviously it's not going to be reinvested into the club. 

29 minutes ago, DackDackGoose said:

It’s ‘pundit’ Carlton Palmer who has plucked £8m out of the air.  You’d get more sense out of a toddler! 

19 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

A pundit has quoted 8m for Gally. Ipswich apparently tried with a 1.5m bid in January. They bid anywhere close to 2m he's gone 

The only way it would make sense is if Ipswich didn't have much budget left in January, tried at 1.5 mill but were told we wanted 8 mill. Now they are getting Prem money and they inexplicably still want him (I guess his best attributes are pretty transferable to a higher level, if we ignore that his weaknesses are more exposed up there, perhaps he could end up being what he is in this league - an ok lower half squad player). Of course, the notion that we or Ipswich would put that value on him, especially at his age with a year on his deal, is pretty laughable.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is they heard Ipswich were willing to pay 8 mill for a Rovers player (actually Szmodics), saw past interest in Gally and added 2 and 2 to get 8.

Or, most likely of all by far, it's a load of fabricated bollocks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

I would rather the club not state if there's a healthy budget or not. There's fine margins to try stay ahead of the game with most championship clubs in the same predicament. If we go for cash bids or not, The process would be much easier if the club selling the player doesn't hold out for more knowing we have cash to spend. This club is so unpredictable, The club has cash coming from sales/clauses but doesn't mean it's available as the smokescreen from Pune is still above us with no one knowing exactly what's going on. Mowbray always stated cash is there for the right player and after Brererton signing il always hold hope as we are in a better place financially and well away from ffp

Even if we have a healthy budget we're always going to be second, third or more in line in the queue to sign attractive players given our restrictive wage budget. Meaning we need a proven goalscorer but we're not going to get one.

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well he's about to play against England in a few hours so he can't be that bad. 

...and scored against Real Madrid and Roma in the Champions League. A while back of course, but he's only 25. Eustace needs to move heaven and earth to get a tune out of him rather than dismissing him because he's not 32 and has 400+ games in the Championship and League 1 behind him, which i fear is what's happening. We'll see.  

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well he's about to play against England in a few hours so he can't be that bad. 

Another Correy Evans this lad who is here to play sometimes and sometimes not, in order to be ready for his international commitments.

Lets hope he has a few blinders as he could be an unexpected source of a few quid if someone takes an interest.

Edited by tomphil

36 minutes ago, Commondore said:

...and scored against Real Madrid and Roma in the Champions League. A while back of course, but he's only 25. Eustace needs to move heaven and earth to get a tune out of him rather than dismissing him because he's not 32 and has 400+ games in the Championship and League 1 behind him, which i fear is what's happening. We'll see.  

I still think if Szmodics leaves Siggy willl play in the No 10 position. Because he certainly is not a winger.

• Like 1

Gallagher is a solid second or third choice championship striker in a well run squad, it's just that we are paying him to be our first choice striker and leading goal scorer in a badly run squad, so he is/has been poor value for us.

If Ipswich are planning for the season after, when they are likely back in the Championship, then I can see why they might want to pick him up, though you'd think that they'd have better targets to go after. He would be cheap relative to their budget now they have premier league money and I think we'd want to sell purely for the wage budget impact so there would definitely be a deal to be done. It would be more than the 1.5m they reportedly bid in January but closer to that than 8m - I'd guess we could probably talk them up to 3-4m maybe, if they are serious.

I'd give it maybe a 5% chance of being a real story/actually happening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I still think if Szmodics leaves Siggy willl play in the No 10 position. Because he certainly is not a winger.

I'd actually like to see him get a run at 10, I think he might surprise a few.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I'd actually like to see him get a run at 10, I think he might surprise a few.

Technically he looked a good player, he just looked slow and off the pace. But with a preseason and with now knowing the  demands of the league I think  you might be right.

He’s only got a year left though so think he might be sold this summer. 

Posted (edited)

Just a random reminder to when Blackpool FC's official site called Nixon out last year for writing 'many in a long list (of articles) written for the sole purpose of gaining clicks and views, regardless of their accuracy"

Interesting Neil Critchley is still manager of Blackpool a full season later. 

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 13.47.01.png

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I hope ,I never see Siggy playing again in a blue n white shirt , a waste of space .

Harsh, he didn’t have a pre season, there is definitely a player in there.