BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I know we probably won’t be going for a keeper but if we were we could do worse than Arthur Okonkwo. Been released by Arsenal but did really well on loan at Wrexham on loan last season. He’s only 22 so would have potential sell on value as well. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I know we probably won’t be going for a keeper but if we were we could do worse than Arthur Okonkwo. Been released by Arsenal but did really well on loan at Wrexham on loan last season. He’s only 22 so would have potential sell on value as well. 

I've only seen one game of his - when we beat them at Ewood.

And Okonkwo was that bad, he almost makes Pears look competent in comparison.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Ricky said:

No thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Absurd suggestion, he was absolutely dreadful at Ewood 🤣

One game, I’d argue Ruddy was one of the worst championship keepers to come to Ewood last season yet we are looking at him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

One game, I’d argue Ruddy was one of the worst championship keepers to come to Ewood last season yet we are looking at him. 

You're not helping your case mate. 

Ruddy is past it and we can't afford the luxury of taking on another development project between the sticks with Okonkwo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AspRover said:

Yeah you are probably right, I was thinking swag might add a mil for that prem money, but then I remembered how cheaply we let kaminski go under similar circumstances.

2.5 mill probably is him adding a mill on for that Prem money 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky said:

Had a stinker at Ewood as has been pointed out, but I heard he was great for them in the league. A league two below ours though. He might will have potential, but the last thing we need is another development keeper. I'm not interested in any goalie who isn't experienced and a safe bet.

We won't be in for a goalkeeper I wouldn't have thought anyway. We've invested in 1 not long ago, it won't matter that he appears to be a dud. It'll be a case of 1 out 1 in if we want a new one, but I can't imagine there's many takers for Leo unless it's for peanuts. We'll just accept Pears making clangers and having good games inbetween I'm afraid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Didn’t realise Hyam is out of contract next summer. Might be another that needs selling if he won’t sign a new one. 

He’d be no great loss based on his last 6 months.  He’s also slower than McFadz. 

There's a few players I'd like to see gone this summer, he's number 1 on that list. 

Disgrace last season. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

There's a few players I'd like to see gone this summer, he's number 1 on that list. 

Disgrace last season. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up back at Coventry. He was abysmal last year, slow and not the leader you need when in the trenches.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sam-gallagher-blackburn-rovers-carlton-palmer-ipswich-town/

Here's the article where Carlton Palmer's brain turns to melted ice cream as he says:

"I think a fee in the region of about £8m would probably see him leave Blackburn Rovers this summer."

Can only assume he thinks Sam Gallagher is Sammie Szmodics or something.

£ 8 million for Gally ? There is a god after all.

Coventry would probably welcome Hyam back with open arms and he'd probably turn into Maldini - briefly.

Also being a big city club compared to us there are more bums on seats so less for him to moan about although he did play for them i presume through the periods they had virtually NO fans.

Strange guy.

I don't think we would see Hyam sign a new contract so we really do need to sell. According to the LT article we don't have a year option on him unlike others, selling now is the only option to avoid him joining the long list of players walking for nothing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Coventry would probably welcome Hyam back with open arms and he'd probably turn into Maldini - briefly.

Also being a big city club compared to us there are more bums on seats so less for him to moan about although he did play for them i presume through the periods they had virtually NO fans.

Strange guy.

Did Hyam definitely come out with some disparaging stuff “direct quotes” or is it hearsay?

4 minutes ago, toogs said:

Did Hyam definitely come out with some disparaging stuff “direct quotes” or is it hearsay?

Probably falls into veiled dig territory but those who were at the fans meeting are probably better placed to comment.

However there have been a few on the pitch arm waving incidents and he commentated on a few games when out where he babbled on about the crowd.  

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Probably falls into veiled dig territory but those who were at the fans meeting are probably better placed to comment.

However there have been a few on the pitch arm waving incidents and he commentated on a few games when out where he babbled on about the crowd.  

It's an educated guess I'd say. He has always looked quite pissed off to be here.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neal said:

Disgrace last season. 

Yep, you certainly wouldn’t want him in the trenches with you. He didn’t appear to have the strength of character needed to be captain. Compare with McFadz who looks to me like a proper leader. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sam-gallagher-blackburn-rovers-carlton-palmer-ipswich-town/

Here's the article where Carlton Palmer's brain turns to melted ice cream as he says:

"I think a fee in the region of about £8m would probably see him leave Blackburn Rovers this summer."

Can only assume he thinks Sam Gallagher is Sammie Szmodics or something.

Palmer has a brain?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cesus said:

It's an educated guess I'd say. He has always looked quite pissed off to be here.

Reminds me so much of the Scott Dann transfer as he always looked similar although was a better player.

Sold to Rovers through necessity rather than seeking a move here and came expecting to be challenging the top end rather than just survival.

All amongst the usual Venky backdrop of nonsense behind the scenes and unrest in the stands.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Reminds me so much of the Scott Dann transfer as he always looked similar although was a better player.

Sold to Rovers through necessity rather than seeking a move here and came expecting to be challenging the top end rather than just survival.

All amongst the usual Venky backdrop of nonsense behind the scenes and unrest in the stands.

Absolutely. And both are players who looked class when you were on top of the game but quickly vanished when the going gets marginally tough. Making that sort of guy captain is just making the problem worse. 

• Like 5