BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Drameh has been offered a contract by Leeds so he would cost compo cos of that if he rejected the contract offer. 

Jackson mentioned Tom Cannon, Tyrese Campbell and Joe Taylor. I would deffo take Cannon on loan and I have mentioned in the past both Campbell and Taylor. 

For an experience Keeper I would go for Coventry keeper Ben Wilson, 31 years old. 

Why would you want that cheating scumbag here?

• Like 2

So many issues to resolve this summer:

New No.1 keeper

Sell Dolan (if he won't sign a new contract)

Sell Gallagher 

Sell Hyam (if he won't sign a new contract)

Sell Sigurdsson (if he won't sign a new contract)

Likely to lose Szmodics 

Do we retain Fadz?

Do we sell Buckley?

Can we sell Markanday?

All those plus new signings we need and any replacements we need to make. 

Big summer and on top of that we are gutting the recruitment/scouting department.

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

If we are looking to bring back any of the loanees we had last year the conversation should start and end with James Hill. The only loanee who added real quality rather than just padded out the squad.

Ayari and Chrisene would see a lot of minutes in this current squad - we'd be excited about them if they were our players. 

• Like 4

Every year I say pretty much the same thing.... Any club with limited resources will struggle to sign any more than four players that go straight into the first team squad and three loans. Its not impossible to do more than that, but its rare....

So given we probably need seven signings just to fill out the squad from where we are now i cant really see us selling anyone whose had decent first team minutes (except Szmodics as we will get an offer too good to refuse).

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ayari and Chrisene would see a lot of minutes in this current squad - we'd be excited about them if they were our players. 

Agree with Chrisene to a point, but I think Pickering would still be above him in the pecking order and Georgie Gent will probably be around the first team squad. Disagree on Ayari, he saw very limited minutes in this current squad and we now have Travis back who’d be way ahead of him.

48 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So many issues to resolve this summer:

New No.1 keeper

Sell Dolan (if he won't sign a new contract)

Sell Gallagher 

Sell Hyam (if he won't sign a new contract)

Sell Sigurdsson (if he won't sign a new contract)

Likely to lose Szmodics 

Do we retain Fadz?

Do we sell Buckley?

Can we sell Markanday?

All those plus new signings we need and any replacements we need to make. 

Big summer and on top of that we are gutting the recruitment/scouting department.

The first thing you've put there is the top priority to me, as I assume it is to you. And yet I heavily suspect we won't try to get a new number one keeper.

The rest...well, I think it's too much to pull off for a dysfunctional club constantly strangled by the owners, still undergoing wholesale changes to our recruitment and scouting department as you mention. Whatever people think of Broughton, we finally got on with contract renewals when he came in. Now it's back to the Waggott model, I expect us to fuck those up. Currently, I'm also still expecting us to go down next season, which has been my view since around March. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Disagree on Ayari, he saw very limited minutes in this current squad and we now have Travis back who’d be way ahead of him.

Very different players, depends what the manager wants to do. And Ayari has already said the manager wants him to come back. Whether he'll be seen as a squad player or a regular is another matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Agree with Chrisene to a point, but I think Pickering would still be above him in the pecking order and Georgie Gent will probably be around the first team squad. Disagree on Ayari, he saw very limited minutes in this current squad and we now have Travis back who’d be way ahead of him.

I couldn't understand why Ayari didn't play more last season - he looked useful any time he got on, always looking to be positive and playing with some aggression (something we lacked last year). 

Chrisene is a much better athlete than Pickering - I'd play him before I played Harry. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cannon would be loan. They paid 8m for him. 

Quality striker cost money. Depends how much we got to spend. I wouldn't Connolly or Campbell on a free as one of 2 striker signings we need

Who would like us to sign depends on whatever budget you think we got or heard we got?

Why are you asking people what theyve heard about the budget. Only 2 days ago you were insistent that we do have a decent budget as theres no way the LT would suggest it without club approval.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Hyam I'd be driving myself happily wherever he wanted. Not good enough.

We have 2 senior fit centre backs. Unless someone tempts us with decent money which they wont, we need him and one or two more.

Im not his biggest fan but hes not as bad as you seem keen to suggest. Had a good season and a poor and injury interrupted second season.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

We have 2 senior fit centre backs. Unless someone tempts us with decent money which they wont, we need him and one or two more.

Im not his biggest fan but hes not as bad as you seem keen to suggest. Had a good season and a poor and injury interrupted second season.

it`s his attitude not his ability,you would`nt want to be in a pub fight with him at your side,he`d be hiding under the table

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s his attitude not his ability,you would`nt want to be in a pub fight with him at your side,he`d be hiding under the table

Pretty much. He's a good Championship CB, but he's soft. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I'd love you to say that to his face, I think he'd fancy his chances

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I couldn't understand why Ayari didn't play more last season - he looked useful any time he got on, always looking to be positive and playing with some aggression (something we lacked last year). 

Chrisene is a much better athlete than Pickering - I'd play him before I played Harry. 

Definitely spot on re:Ayari

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why would you want that cheating scumbag here?

Agreed.

He's a decent GK at this level and considerably better than Pears, but I'm not I could get past the blatant cheating - followed by the gloating afterwards.

Bell end.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

7 names Ive heard that we are looking at, nothing concrete but they are on clubs radar

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Don’t jump on me they are the names being discussed high on the list, some or none might come off who knows 

Two names I’ve always liked and would welcome here in a heartbeat.