BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

seen him in the shell garage on the a6 (he lives in the whittle le woods area) reckon i could take him down easily and make him cry😁

Fair enough πŸ˜„

Just think people have short memories some times. The guy was immense for us in his first season and deservedly won player of the season

Yes, his form dipped last season after picking up a bad injury, but to write him off at this stage is foolish to me.

Let him get a good pre season under him and see what next season brings

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 4

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Fair enough πŸ˜„

Just think people have short memories some times. The guy was immense for us in his first season and deservedly won player of the season

Yes, his form dipped last season after picking up a bad injury, but to write him off at this stage is foolish to me.

Let him get a good pre season under him and see what next season brings

My take on it too. Him and Carter can be an immense pairing, and I think with McFadz and the Crewe lad knocking on the door we SHOULD be ok.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would take Paddy McNair and NW location might suit him. I doubt Andy Cole would let his son anywhere near Swag, ripped him off when he signed for the Toon.

Edited by Penwortham Blue

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My take on it too. Him and Carter can be an immense pairing, and I think with McFadz and the Crewe lad knocking on the door we SHOULD be ok.

we don`t really have a problem in defence,goalkeepers excluded, this season i hope to see carter really show us how good he is,iv`e always thought he was a top division player in waiting and one of the few left of any valueπŸ˜‰

it`s at the other end of the pitch were our problems are,we can`t expect sammie to score 30 again

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I couldn't understand why Ayari didn't play more last season - he looked useful any time he got on, always looking to be positive and playing with some aggression (something we lacked last year).Β 

Chrisene is a much better athlete than Pickering - I'd play him before I played Harry.Β 

I would take both back if we need players in those positionsΒ 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Why are you asking people what theyve heard about the budget. Only 2 days ago you were insistent that we do have a decent budget as theres no way the LT would suggest it without club approval.

I didn't asked what the budget was or did I say decent budget. Start reading properly which you haven't done here. I asked JB who would he sign striker wise on the budget he thinks we got or what he has heard. On the LT, I think(which some people agree but of course NOT you) it was include for the reason to tell fans there is funds available, whatever they are

18 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Would take Paddy McNair and NW location might suit him. I doubt Andy Cole would let his son anywhere near Swag, whipped him off when he signed for the Toon.

agreed on both points

22 minutes ago, Mike E said:

still need another as McFadzean can't play in the back 4. I would look at Panzo from Forest as he gives you that left foot centre back option

Edited by chaddyrovers

46 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

seen him in the shell garage on the a6 (he lives in the whittle le woods area) reckon i could take him down easily and make him cry😁

Then next time you see him, tell him that and let's see how things pan out.

Ayari coming back would be a big no from me. He's a neat and tidy player but we need better quality than him if we're to avoid another struggle next season. I don't think we will want him back.Β 

I really feel that the GK situation is the key one for us.

We could have prime Alan Shearer up top, but until we fix the glaring problem between the sticks, we'll continue to concede.
Don't underestimate the effect a poor GK has on the defence in front of him as well.

Madness if we're not prioritising GK this summer (which, apparently, we're not).

• Like 6

I think Carter got a bit of an easy ride in that Hyam was criticised a lot for a poor, injury hit season and Carter wasnt really. Maybe because he isnt the captain, is younger and obviously Hyam has been a dick once or twice and had one particular stand out shocker.

Carter made loads of mistakes last season and was arguably just as poor. Obviously both can do it at this level, and talk of selling either is stupid considering how thin the squad is, but big improvement needed from both.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would take both back if we need players in those positionsΒ 

I didn't asked what the budget was or did I say decent budget. Start reading properly which you haven't done here. I asked JB who would he sign striker wise on the budget he thinks we got or what he has heard. On the LT, I think(which some people agree but of course NOT you) it was include for the reason to tell fans there is funds available, whatever they are

agreed on both points

still need another as McFadzean can't play in the back 4. I would look at Panzo from Forest as he gives you that left foot centre back option

If Elliott Jackson genuinely had information from the club and authority to share of a decent budget. It wouldnt be a random line thrown in at the end of a seperate article. It would be at least a main story, and more likely an opportunity for a good PR story in the press.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Immense is a bit far, and that is not enough. McFadzean is a pensioner who needs 2 alongside him, so that means that beside Hyam and Carter, we only have a kid from Crewe.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Elliott Jackson genuinely had information from the club and authority to share of a decent budget. It wouldnt be a random line thrown in at the end of a seperate article. It would be at least a main story, and more likely an opportunity for a good PR story in the press.

Immense is a bit far, and that is not enough. McFadzean is a pensioner who needs 2 alongside him, so that means that beside Hyam and Carter, we only have a kid from Crewe.

Four centre halves isn’t enough, as we’ve found out in the past. Nobody has mentioned Pickering who looked a better bet at centre half than he does at left back in my opinion.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I really feel that the GK situation is the key one for us.

We could have prime Alan Shearer up top, but until we fix the glaring problem between the sticks, we'll continue to concede.
Don't underestimate the effect a poor GK has on the defence in front of him as well.

Madness if we're not prioritising GK this summer (which, apparently, we're not).

I still think goalscorer number 9 is the main priority aswell as another striker plus a good solid keeper being the other main priority.Β 

Β 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that's your opinion fair enough. I stand by what I said and I don't think Rovers would want it publicly that much hence will it was small line on it.Β 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Carter got a bit of an easy ride in that Hyam was criticised a lot for a poor, injury hit season and Carter wasnt really. Maybe because he isnt the captain, is younger and obviously Hyam has been a dick once or twice and had one particular stand out shocker.

Carter made loads of mistakes last season and was arguably just as poor. Obviously both can do it at this level, and talk of selling either is stupid considering how thin the squad is, but big improvement needed from both.

Carter never played anywhere near as badly as Hyam at Bristol City. That’s probably the worst individual performance I’ve ever seen in a Rovers shirt. He was directly at fault for at least 3 of the goals.Β 
Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Would take Paddy McNair and NW location might suit him. I doubt Andy Cole would let his son anywhere near Swag, ripped him off when he signed for the Toon.

Think Andy Cole would first be asking for repayment of his signing on fee plus compound interest etc.Β  If Cole is right about Waggott snaffling his Β£30k signing on fee then Waggott would need to cough-up about Β£70k.

• Like 3

I reckon around half the teams fans in the championship would welcome a new keeper, it's littered with bad uns. The trick is plucking a Kaminski from abroad really, although i think we all had visions of Wahlstedt being similar. Unfortunately some of his mistakes were so bad I don't think I can ever see him improving.Β 

Ideally we'd produce a few belters from the academy some time in the near future.Β 

We absolutely won't be signing a goalkeeper. I think Pears recently signed a new deal and Leo wasn't cheap.Β 

We also don't have any money.Β 

Potentially we'll pick up another pensioner but expecting an outlay on a new number one is farcical.

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Carter never played anywhere near as badly as Hyam at Bristol City. That’s probably the worst individual performance I’ve ever seen in a Rovers shirt. He was directly at fault for at least 3 of the goals.Β 
Β 

Β 

That individual performance was as bad as probably has been since since Duffy scoring 2 own goals and getting sent off.

But as a whole season, both had very poor seasons especially compared to their previous season. Like I said, might be a few factors why the following is as it is, Hyam had that one particular shocker, he was apparently a dick a couple of times, he was the one in the weird selected fand meeting who mentioned the booing and of course the fact that he is captain. But I definitely feel that Carter has got away with his share of criticism because of the dislike people have developed for Hyam.

People still talk about Premier League teams potentially being interested in Carter and dont really mention how he was a liability last year. I dont see Premier League teams wanting him especially as its not like hes an emerging 20 year old to be potentially loaned out. Both need to improve massively as they were the season before.

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Four centre halves isn’t enough, as we’ve found out in the past. Nobody has mentioned Pickering who looked a better bet at centre half than he does at left back in my opinion.

I think Pickering is best as left back in a 4 but if we play a back 3 he is certainly no wing back. And if he plays at centre back it has to be in a 3.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still think goalscorer number 9 is the main priority aswell as another striker plus a good solid keeper being the other main priority.Β 

Β 

If that's your opinion fair enough. I stand by what I said and I don't think Rovers would want it publicly that much hence will it was small line on it.Β 

So they approved it but said hide it amidst an unrelated article as although we are happy for people to see it we dont want them to see it.

4 minutes ago, London blue said:

We absolutely won't be signing a goalkeeper. I think Pears recently signed a new deal and Leo wasn't cheap.Β 

We also don't have any money.Β 

Potentially we'll pick up another pensioner but expecting an outlay on a new number one is farcical.

Agreed, I said the same earlier.

Sometimes, it's like people haven't been around for the last 14 frigging years.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Β 

People still talk about Premier League teams potentially being interested in Carter and dont really mention how he was a liability last year. I dont see Premier League teams wanting him especially as its not like hes an emerging 20 year old to be potentially loaned out. Both need to improve massively as they were the season before.

Β 

To say Carter was a liability last season is a gross exaggeration.Β 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

To say Carter was a liability last season is a gross exaggeration.Β 

It isnt, he was really poor, especially after injury when to be fair he might have been rusty. He maybe got lucky that his big errors (3 examples, a stupid backpass at Leicester that Vardy surprisingly missed and 2 attempts v Sheffield Wednesday to protect the ball out of play where the attacker managed to pinch it, once they hit a chance over poorly and the other he got into a mess and fouled) weren't punished as clinically as Hyam.

But even before his injury, he was crap.Β 

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So they approved it but said hide it amidst an unrelated article as although we are happy for people to see it we dont want them to see it.

Just let it go. You don't agree with me or others. Fine, we get it FFS

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

when are the players back from holiday???,hopefully see some transfer action from then,though im`e not expecting much,most of the wharton money and the raya sell on will go back in the chicken slashers pockets

Transfer window opens 14th June. Players back for pre-season on 24th June.Β 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Β 

Β 

It was a horror show and well up there, but it can't beat Shane Duffy vs his own defence just before his departure. Two own goals and a red card. He'd had an own goal in the game prior too, which I think someone told me made for 3 own goals in about 60 minutes of football!Β  Which has to be a British record.