BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

when are the players back from holiday???,hopefully see some transfer action from then,though im`e not expecting much,most of the wharton money and the raya sell on will go back in the chicken slashers pockets

We have no director of football nor seemingly any scouting department. Throw in the usual Venkys delays and I suspect we will be waiting a while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have no director of football nor seemingly any scouting department. Throw in the usual Venkys delays and I suspect we will be waiting a while.

We could do with ballet dancers in the modern game, if the ball touches your head your not allowed to play on, they advise you not to head the ball. Bring back Bremner, Stiles and company. When footballers were men and football was a level playing field.

Β 

Posted (edited)

The Players returnΒ for pre-season testing on Friday, June 21, before training begins the following Monday on the 24th.

Adam Owen and John Park are replacing Broughton and Kimberley in there role. Owen is set to technical director here and John Park as head of recruitment/scoutingΒ 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, London blue said:

We absolutely won't be signing a goalkeeper. I think Pears recently signed a new deal and Leo wasn't cheap.Β 

We also don't have any money.Β 

Potentially we'll pick up another pensioner but expecting an outlay on a new number one is farcical.

For the current Rovers set up to spend 800k before add ons on a young keeper is a significant investment, a third of the TK fee in real terms.So i agree we are lumbered now with no chance of any decent keeper spend and just a wing and a prayer he gets his act together.

I suspect in the corridors of faux power at Ewood this was a big black mark against Broughton and not surprising really.

Β 

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The first thing you've put there is the top priority to me, as I assume it is to you. And yet I heavily suspect we won't try to get a new number one keeper.

The rest...well, I think it's too much to pull off for a dysfunctional club constantly strangled by the owners, still undergoing wholesale changes to our recruitment and scouting department as you mention. Whatever people think of Broughton, we finally got on with contract renewals when he came in. Now it's back to the Waggott model, I expect us to fuck those up. Currently, I'm also still expecting us to go down next season, which has been my view since around March. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If we go into the season with Leo and Pears as our 2 keepers, we're in for another season of struggle.

We obviously have plenty of issues to address in the squad but a reliable No.1 has got to be the priority.Β 

Just look at the difference Kaminski made when you've had Walton, Steele and now Pears/Leo in net.Β 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Ayari coming back would be a big no from me. He's a neat and tidy player but we need better quality than him if we're to avoid another struggle next season. I don't think we will want him back.Β 

I think he has aggression/intensity in him. Just need to be coached into becoming a two-way player.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Players returnΒ for pre-season testing on Friday, June 21, before training begins the following Monday on the 24th.

Adam Owen and John Park are replacing Broughton and Kimberley in there role. Owen is set to technical director here and John Park as head of recruitment/scoutingΒ 

Someone missed the joke, either that or just being deliberately obtuse (as per... )Β 

• Like 1

Nicko news this morningΒ 

Tyjon has changed agent increasing the likelihood of a move to United

Adam Owen wants to knows his exact role is in the pecking order at Rovers management team

Gestede wants to become Director of Football, he is taking a degree in the field and shadowing execs at Rovers on a placement

John Fleck is training with Rovers in a bid to win a contractΒ 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko news this morningΒ 

Adam Owen wants to knows his exact role is in the pecking order at Rovers management team

Gestede wants to become Director of Football, he is taking a degree in the field and shadowing execs at Rovers on a placement

What a depressing Sunday morning.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

What a depressing Sunday morning.

is it?Β 

only a month to wait until club football is back and we can all start attending Rover friendlies. 2 months until the season startsΒ 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko news this morningΒ 

Hasn't this guy already started?

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Well, yeah, looks like we’re losing a young striker for a pittance and the apparent new Head of Tech still isn’t sure what role he’s been offered.😬

You forgot we’ve got a crook still training with us and is hoping to take another 10-15k off the wage book.Β 

Posted (edited)

Owen wants to know what role he is in the pecking order. Good luck with that, Too many crap chiefs at Ewood already. Not a brain cell or capacity to communicate between them.Β 

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko news this morningΒ 

F nicko and his nickoteen disiples.Β  Rovers hating sweaty lard arse.

• Like 4

Just think, Nixon will have been no doubt teasing his disciples in advance over some juicy gossip.

That gossip is a player in our retained list down as in talks to stay might stay, a talented youngster might leave (they all do) and there may be more delays and confusion getting staff together. Thrilling.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is it?Β 

only a month to wait until club football is back and we can all start attending Rover friendlies. 2 months until the season startsΒ 

Still think we will have 2 or 3 new faces in before pre season training starts?

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m not sure being injured is a criminal offenceπŸ˜‰

Of course not by why are we entertaining a 32 year old who’s been Injured more in the last 2 years than not…Then you look at the wage he’ll be on.Β 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Well, yeah, looks like we’re losing a young striker for a pittance and the apparent new Head of Tech still isn’t sure what role he’s been offered.😬

We took him from Rochdale for pittance didn't we?.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Still think we will have 2 or 3 new faces in before pre season training starts?

That was what I wanted but if he doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. Time to move on Mark

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Of course not by why are we entertaining a 32 year old who’s been Injured more in the last 2 years than not…Then you look at the wage he’ll be on.Β 

He is training with us. That's it. So let's how he does first

He won't be on his Sheffield United wages here

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’ll give him 10/10 for courage. Would I play on a leg so badly broken it needed to be plated ? No way. I’d like to be not walking with a limp or with a stick after I retired.

• Like 1