BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

The only way a deal for Waggots old mate Fleck makes any sense at all is if it’s heavily appearance and performance based. We do not want to be wasting a wage on him if he’s going to break down after 2 games.

A fit fleck would be our best midfielder but he’s not been fit for 3 seasons so there’s definitely doubts there. If he’s confident in his fitness then he’ll be willing to take a performance based contract. 

2 games .. didn't last 15 mins .

I wouldn't even give a pay aa play contract. Any normal club or normal person would have moved on the moment he got carted off or heed the injuries before even moving for him .

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ricky said:

The only way a deal for Waggots old mate Fleck makes any sense at all is if it’s heavily appearance and performance based. We do not want to be wasting a wage on him if he’s going to break down after 2 games.

A fit fleck would be our best midfielder but he’s not been fit for 3 seasons so there’s definitely doubts there. If he’s confident in his fitness then he’ll be willing to take a performance based contract. 

He’s the wrong age to be trying to play on with that injury record. If he had any sense he’d be concentrating on picking up a coaching job somewhere.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

F nicko and his nickoteen disiples.  Rovers hating sweaty lard arse.

Sorry, but on this occasion I think it’s a case of don’t shoot the messenger.

All of his report seems quite plausible for Venky Rovers.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko news this morning 

Tyjon has changed agent increasing the likelihood of a move to United

Adam Owen wants to knows his exact role is in the pecking order at Rovers management team

Gestede wants to become Director of Football, he is taking a degree in the field and shadowing execs at Rovers on a placement

John Fleck is training with Rovers in a bid to win a contract 

How feckin depressing.

Another young talent very likely to leave.

Owen takes a job without knowing his full responsibilities.  IMO, plonker written all over him.

Fleck - no, no and no.  Just when the feck do we ever learn about injury plagued players.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is training with us. That's it. So let's how he does first

He won't be on his Sheffield United wages here

You just know what will happen.

Trains, looks okay and LT report Fleck looking good.

Competitive football begins, gets injured, stays injured and represents more money pissed down the drain.

Have you ordered any of that 'green moon cheese' which is arriving at leading stores soon?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko news this morning 

Tyjon has changed agent increasing the likelihood of a move to United

Adam Owen wants to knows his exact role is in the pecking order at Rovers management team

Gestede wants to become Director of Football, he is taking a degree in the field and shadowing execs at Rovers on a placement

John Fleck is training with Rovers in a bid to win a contract 

So a promising young talent is leaving, a crock is going to get a contract and there's chaos behind the scenes.

If Nicko can still get it up he was definitely hard when he wrote that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was what I wanted but if he doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. Time to move on Mark

I mean it's quite clearly not going to happen.

All this recruitment shake up nonsense was designed again to make sure we're late to the party with any signings with excuses, so yourself and many others can say "let's judge them after 3 windows" only for the entire thing to be ripped up again no doubt.

No excuse culture at this club though apparently.

• Like 2

A cynic might suggest that with a CV like the new technical directors (tbc) he may be better at playing the corporate game and job hopping than you know.. the actual job - "what am I here for again?"

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting for one moment that it makes any sense at all for Fleck to still be in the building, but the fact that his is is a bit of a worry. I would not be at all shocked to see him get a contract and then break down within a week or so. It wouldn’t shock me at all for Waggot to give him a contract with nothing in it at all to protect us if (when) he does get injured again. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Lampard to the filthy inbreds could be our best transfer this summer 

I'm hoping for Lampardew. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

Fleck gets another contract then it's quite simply a case of someone doing someone a favour or it's we are so desperate we have no choice but to keep half a body in the building.

I feel for the guy but it's a harsh world and we aren't a charity and it would stink of rank hypocrisy when every single penny is supposed to count.

'Hey Indian court please let us have some money so we can chuck ten grand a week of it at a crock'.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fleck gets another contract then it's quite simply a case of someone doing someone a favour or it's we are so desperate we have no choice but to keep half a body in the building.

I feel for the guy but it's a harsh world and we aren't a charity and it would stink of rank hypocrisy when every single penny is supposed to count.

'Hey Indian court please let us have some money so we can chuck ten grand a week of it at a crock'.

It’s the Gladwin story all over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

That’s ok then 

Its how the system works. It is great for us, no its not as we seen with Phillips but he was going to leave for very little but would only signed a new contract with low fee based on number of games. 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I mean it's quite clearly not going to happen.

All this recruitment shake up nonsense was designed again to make sure we're late to the party with any signings with excuses, so yourself and many others can say "let's judge them after 3 windows" only for the entire thing to be ripped up again no doubt.

No excuse culture at this club though apparently.

But no one at Rovers this summer has said that. It's what I would like to have happen. 

Do you not think Eustace and Waggott have met to discussed targets he wants in? They would have approach agents to find out terms and possible fees. 

Park knows his stuff recruitment and scouting given his background in this areas for years and years 

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Sorry, but on this occasion I think it’s a case of don’t shoot the messenger.

All of his report seems quite plausible for Venky Rovers.

Aye kean is a wee gem 

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just for clarity, the Nixon article doesn't say Fleck is training with Rovers, how can he when we haven't reported back yet.

Screenshot_20240609-115228.png

using Rovers facilities maybe or working a coach on fitness, building his body up up to strength. 

13 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just for clarity, the Nixon article doesn't say Fleck is training with Rovers, how can he when we haven't reported back yet.

Screenshot_20240609-115228.png

That doesn't mean he isn't training at Brockall and alongside Rovers fitness coaches and any Rovers players who prefer to train through summer.

Unless he's kicking a ball around on Pleasy with his mates like Hendry used to do !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That doesn't mean he isn't training at Brockall and alongside Rovers fitness coaches and any Rovers players who prefer to train through summer.

Unless he's kicking a ball around on Pleasy with his mates like Hendry used to do !

Fair point, presumably Scott Wharton will be in there doing his rehab as well

• Like 2