BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Fair point, presumably Scott Wharton will be in there doing his rehab as well

Mate's lad was there doing a training session that was laid on a couple of weeks ago. They had a tour of the training facilities, and Hedges was in there. 

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That doesn't mean he isn't training at Brockall and alongside Rovers fitness coaches and any Rovers players who prefer to train through summer.

exactly

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Mate's lad was there doing a training session that was laid on a couple of weeks ago. They had a tour of the training facilities, and Hedges was in there. 

exactly. Some players will be still working on injuries or there for injury rehab 

On 08/06/2024 at 10:46, tomphil said:

If you're going in at half time losing having been crap and received a half hearted boo on the whistle then turning it into an issue about shielding the young players from the crowd that tells you all you need to know.

It was at that stage I started calling him hymen instead of Hyam as I realised he's a bit of a c###

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think they mean John O’Hare. Top striker at Derby and Forest back in the days. He’s only 77.

Top stuff Tyrone!! That really made me giggle 

7 minutes ago, LDRover said:

It was at that stage I started calling him hymen instead of Hyam as I realised he's a bit of a c###

Always makes me laugh when these second tier players have a moan about the Ewood  crowd yet it was good enough for the likes of Hendry, Moran, Nelson, Samba, Berg, Le Saux, Oojer, Henchoz etc etc.

All top class players plenty of who saw tough times at Rovers as well as good and have nothing but good things to say about playing for our lot when asked.

Maybe i'm being bias but perhaps there are too many mard arses in the modern game who think hero worship is a given.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s the wrong age to be trying to play on with that injury record. If he had any sense he’d be concentrating on picking up a coaching job somewhere.

not if he`s going to be picking up 10 grand a week at rovers,nice rainy day fund for when he does retire🤔

Regarding fleck he would of been advised if he would be able to carry on his career or not. Medical staff would of done vigorous tests. If he does manage to earn himself a contract then same injury reoccurs we really need to think if our current medical set up is good enough 

Need to stay well away from Fleck. Would be a desperate move from a desperate club.

I dont buy the talk of big wages, I think people have seen those stupid online lists taken from football manager and often out of date. He was in the cold at Sheffield United and likely paid off so theres no way he came here on a similar wage.

That being said, anything spent on an old player who was once very good at this level but has since had his leg broke twice and a plate put in which held up for 17 minutes before a kick ended his season is clearly a waste.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Need to stay well away from Fleck. Would be a desperate move from a desperate club.

I dont buy the talk of big wages, I think people have seen those stupid online lists taken from football manager and often out of date. He was in the cold at Sheffield United and likely paid off so theres no way he came here on a similar wage.

That being said, anything spent on an old player who was once very good at this level but has since had his leg broke twice and a plate put in which held up for 17 minutes before a kick ended his season is clearly a waste.

I don't think anyone has suggested he's on a similar wage here as he was previously?

I've got a problem with him being offered any kind of standard contract, considering how little money we have. 

12 minutes ago, London blue said:

I don't think anyone has suggested he's on a similar wage here as he was previously?

I've got a problem with him being offered any kind of standard contract, considering how little money we have. 

People have said he was on 15-20k. No chance.

1 hour ago, pentelrobot said:

Surely signing Fleck would be contrary to Venkys supposed policy of buying younger players  to develop. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Venkys don't have any policy.

It's all made up and changed on a wim on a regular basis.

• Like 3

It was said that Rovers just took over Flecks contract until the end of last season so it could very well hold water he was on big money here.

He's cost a few hundred grand at least for 6 months and it was always destined to be a stupid money wasting gamble.

If Waggots wage depended on signings in a similar way the DoFs did you can be sure he wouldn't have gone anywhere near him.

No accountability though and a convenient head to roll below him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It was said that Rovers just took over Flecks contract until the end of last season so it could very well hold water he was on big money here.

He's cost a few hundred grand at least for 6 months and it was always destined to be a stupid money wasting gamble.

If Waggots wage depended on signings in a similar way the DoFs did you can be sure he wouldn't have gone anywhere near him.

I think he would have taken a lump from Sheff Utd and we would have picked up the rest. Rather like those early Championship days for us, when we had millions a year in our wage outgoings in our accounts that were for players that hadn't been at the club for ages. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Where did it say that?

Doesn't make sense to me considering the owners were so tight fisted in spite of the incoming millions.

Fleck will be contracted until June 30th and as such I guess he will be eligible report back with the other players. I really think it's money down the drain to give him another deal irrespective of the terms. With Travis coming back that gives us four players for two places effectively.

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Hyam is an OK championship defender, but an absolute bottlejob as a character.

Hes been playing injured most of the season... He was very good first year here, so I would expect if he gets himself fit again he will get back to where he was.

That Bristol away performance was absolutely unbelievable though. So so so so so bad.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Fleck will be contracted until June 30th and as such I guess he will be eligible report back with the other players. I really think it's money down the drain to give him another deal irrespective of the terms. With Travis coming back that gives us four players for two places effectively.

Arguably five really as JRC has been in midfield (Tronstad, Travis, JRC, Buckley, Garrett).

Im sure one of our loans will be a centre mid too.

• Like 1