BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

9 goals in League One? Be still my beating heart.

I saw a lot of him when he was a Rochdale in the old division 3.  He came as a young lad from Fulham I think. He looked very handy at the time, a big strong lad, reasonable pace and touch, very good left foot, knew where the goals were. He hasn’t kicked on as I thought he might do, I think he’s been troubled with injuries a lot of the time. 

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw a lot of him when he was a Rochdale in the old division 3.  He came as a young lad from Fulham I think. He looked very handy at the time, a big strong lad, reasonable pace and touch, very good left foot, knew where the goals were. He hasn’t kicked on as I thought he might do, I think he’s been troubled with injuries a lot of the time. 

Yeah, a very underwhelming record since then, although a quick google did turn this one up for Hearts last season. Although I don't think there's anything in the rumours, it's definitely worth a watch!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12803613/stephen-humphrys-scores-a-sensational-goal-from-his-own-half-to-secure-hearts-win

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah, a very underwhelming record since then, although a quick google did turn this one up for Hearts last season. Although I don't think there's anything in the rumours, it's definitely worth a watch!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12803613/stephen-humphrys-scores-a-sensational-goal-from-his-own-half-to-secure-hearts-win

I though he could have played for one of the lower teams in our league at one time but it doesn’t look like it now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I though he could have played for one of the lower teams in our league at one time but it doesn’t look like it now.

9 goals in 38 games. Not outstanding at all. Is he better than Gallagher tho? 

What type of player is he? Striker or wide forward?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

9 goals in 38 games. Not outstanding at all. Is he better than Gallagher tho? 

What type of player is he? Striker or wide forward?

I’d say he’s more of a striker. He’s got more of an eye for goal than Gally as you can see in that clip. He’s more willing to shoot at goal for a start. There was a time when I could see him doing a job for us, off the bench etc, but I think that ship as sailed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

43 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d say he’s more of a striker. He’s got more of an eye for goal than Gally as you can see in that clip. He’s more willing to shoot at goal for a start. There was a time when I could see him doing a job for us, off the bench etc, but I think that ship as sailed.

thanks for the reply Tyrone

39 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would of been a good signing on a free.

IMG_6137.png

Meanwhile, we're still trying to figure out what our new Technical Director does, and replace half our scouts. Let alone the budget approval from Pune.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If Broughton couldn't do it properly what's the point in an even bigger novice coming in just to get paid to be ignored.

In fairness, for now it's just shadowing to make him ready for that sort of work. There's no indication the work will start with us. But of course, we know how nepotism and cheap salaries work at this club, so it's a potential risk that it could happen. Hopefully he buggers off to get started at Kidderminster or something instead.

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

In fairness, for now it's just shadowing to make him ready for that sort of work. There's no indication the work will start with us. But of course, we know how nepotism and cheap salaries work at this club, so it's a potential risk that it could happen. Hopefully he buggers off to get started at Kidderminster or something instead.

He would be Waggots glove puppet and another shield between him and fans it would be a crafty move installing a popular former player on his part.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Sounds like that Owen has been tipped off about the shitshow he'd be joining, (probably by terrible MP missing from his constituency, Gregg Broughton).

Now let's see, Gestede is unemployed, cheap and naive.

"When can you start, Rudy?"

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would of been a good signing on a free.

IMG_6137.png

Shame. I hope we at least tried as this is the sort of business we really need to be looking to do but I have 0 faith. Especially with no recruitment team in place in the f*cking summer transfer window. Absolute circus. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Shame. I hope we at least tried as this is the sort of business we really need to be looking to do but I have 0 faith. Especially with no recruitment team in place in the f*cking summer transfer window. Absolute circus. 

Yeh its best to assume nothing, but even then the powers that be both at Ewood and Pune will disappoint you.

Lest we forget we have Waggott who for all intents and purposes believes he played a blinder by leasing a bus last year! That's the level of comical ineptitude we are at!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Sure someone posted here the other day that Rovers have beaten Oxford to a player. Now just seen that Herbie kane has rejected Oxford 🤔

Midfield is the least of our priorites and would really be an improvement?