BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-legend-enlists-former-blades-teammates-help-in-bid-to-earn-blackburn-rovers-stay-4659400

👆 a minor piece about Fleck working with former teammate and former Rover Jack O'Connell, who focused more on fitness after retiring early due to injury, in order to get himself in shape to earn a deal at Rovers.

He can be as fit as he wants when he's running around but in the contact situations that are unavoidable as a pro footballer his old injury will rear its head again in no time.

That's the problem when it comes to throwing contracts about.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Danish media reporting that Wahlstedt is on his way to AGF for 1 million euro

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/afsloering-agf-taet-paa-leopold-wahlstedt-har-budt

That'd be great!

Only issue is, the money would simply disappear just like the rest... we'll end up with Ruddy on a free transfer regardless 🙄

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He can be as fit as he wants when he's running around but in the contact situations that are unavoidable as a pro footballer his old injury will rear its head again in no time.

That's the problem when it comes to throwing contracts about.

I’d be really surprised if Fleck’s medical consultant has advised him to carry on playing.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Danish media reporting that Wahlstedt is on his way to AGF for 1 million euro

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/afsloering-agf-taet-paa-leopold-wahlstedt-har-budt

Thank you Google Translate!

This summer, he was the big topic in the Super League. Now he is back.

Leopold Wahlstedt is again close to making it to the best Danish series.

Tipsbladet can reveal that.

According to Tipsbladet's information, AGF has bid for the Swedish goalkeeper in Blackburn.

The bid is approximately one million euros, 7.5 million kroner, and the clubs pretty much agree, so the change is more or less up to the goalkeeper.

This summer, AGF said goodbye to Bailey Peacock Farrell, who has returned home to Burnley after his loan spell ended, and now they have set their sights on Leopold Wahlstedt.

A man who already last year at the same time as now was extremely interesting to the people of Aarhus.

B.T. could thus reveal last summer that the 24-year-old Swede from Odd was a wanted player for AGF, but it was Brøndby and Blackburn who fought for him in an unforgettable match, where he chose the Championship club at the finish line.

Brøndby had even ordered plane tickets for Leopold Wahlstedt, but the English club offered twice as much salary and an attractive league, and thus he switched to Blackburn with their then Danish coach Jon Dahl Tomasson at the helm.  

Leopold Wahlstedt got almost half of the games in the Championship with 21 appearances last season, but now the arrow points back to Denmark, where AGF is ready to welcome the goalkeeper they most want.

18 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

That'd be great!

Only issue is, the money would simply disappear just like the rest... we'll end up with Ruddy on a free transfer regardless 🙄

Ruddy working with Pears and keeper coaching in general might not be a bad thing he certainly couldn't be a worse number 2 than Leo at this point in time.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Ruddy working with Pears and keeper coaching in general might not be a bad thing he certainly couldn't be a worse number 2 than Leo at this point in time.

I get exactly what you're saying, but it's just a bit of a stinker overall...

A properly run Club in the same position would take the ~£1m from selling Wahlstedt, and put it towards the purchase of a top keeper who could be our #1 for years, like Daniel Iversen for example.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Polky said:

Thank you Google Translate!

This summer, he was the big topic in the Super League. Now he is back.

Leopold Wahlstedt is again close to making it to the best Danish series.

Tipsbladet can reveal that.

According to Tipsbladet's information, AGF has bid for the Swedish goalkeeper in Blackburn.

The bid is approximately one million euros, 7.5 million kroner, and the clubs pretty much agree, so the change is more or less up to the goalkeeper.

This summer, AGF said goodbye to Bailey Peacock Farrell, who has returned home to Burnley after his loan spell ended, and now they have set their sights on Leopold Wahlstedt.

A man who already last year at the same time as now was extremely interesting to the people of Aarhus.

B.T. could thus reveal last summer that the 24-year-old Swede from Odd was a wanted player for AGF, but it was Brøndby and Blackburn who fought for him in an unforgettable match, where he chose the Championship club at the finish line.

Brøndby had even ordered plane tickets for Leopold Wahlstedt, but the English club offered twice as much salary and an attractive league, and thus he switched to Blackburn with their then Danish coach Jon Dahl Tomasson at the helm.  

Leopold Wahlstedt got almost half of the games in the Championship with 21 appearances last season, but now the arrow points back to Denmark, where AGF is ready to welcome the goalkeeper they most want.

Brondby dodged a bullet there.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Good news that we’re getting money for Leo but sad is not worked out for him…I’ll say it now I think there’s a keeper in him, it’s just not worked out for him.

He nearly got us relegated, along with one or two other culprits of course.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I get exactly what you're saying, but it's just a bit of a stinker overall...

A properly run Club in the same position would take the ~£1m from selling Wahlstedt, and put it towards the purchase of a top keeper who we could be our #1 for years, like Daniel Iversen for example.

Yes chucking the fee money at the big wages of another over age player can't be described as re-investment in any form.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Good news that we’re getting money for Leo but sad is not worked out for him…I’ll say it now I think there’s a keeper in him, it’s just not worked for him in England.

whys it good new were getting money for him 0% reinvested is £0

Jackson of LT has reported the Wahlstedt offer from AGF and Ruddy has spoken to another Club then Birmingham 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24379160.blackburn-linked-goalkeeper-provides-update-future/

Also Sporting Director at AGF is former Rovers left back Stig Inge Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Good news that we’re getting money for Leo but sad is not worked out for him…I’ll say it now I think there’s a keeper in him, it’s just not worked for him in England.

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I agree with you totally. Just not suited to English football 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

the two clubs may be happy with the fee but at the end of the day it's whether Wahlstadt wants to take probably almost a 50% pay cut! (would you!)

I can see him going there on loan(with an option to buy) initially if they cover his wages

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He nearly got us relegated, along with one or two other culprits of course.

Along with two others?!? The whole team bar 2 players were awful and that was stemmed from JDT which of course was stemmed from owners…Leo has the attributes to be a great kepper and like a lot of players in different countries it hasn’t worked out.

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Along with two others?!? The whole team bar 2 players were awful and that was stemmed from JDT which of course was stemmed from owners…Leo has the attributes to be a great kepper and like a lot of players in different countries it hasn’t worked out.

I don’t know where you get that from. I didn’t  think I’d ever be saying this but he was worse than Walton.