BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Ruddy working with Pears and keeper coaching in general might not be a bad thing he certainly couldn't be a worse number 2 than Leo at this point in time.

Completely agree. Much more experience and can give vital information that Benson couldn't. One would be not to go down too early as Sammi will lob you 👌 I wouldn't be against this move

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He nearly got us relegated, along with one or two other culprits of course.

One or two others?? 🤣 It was 'one or two others' that kept us up, the rest were hopeless. Wahlstedt struggled, but I'm not having it that he was 33%-50% responsible for the shit show that was last season. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jackson of LT has reported the Wahlstedt offer from AGF and Ruddy has spoken to another Club then Birmingham 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24379160.blackburn-linked-goalkeeper-provides-update-future/

Also Sporting Director at AGF is former Rovers left back Stig Inge Bjornebye

I agree with you totally. Just not suited to English football 

The way JDT set up we were so open and the GK got peppered. The damage was already done before Eustace come in, Makes me think how he would of performed for Eustace or other manager from the start. Limit the attacks on goal and could potentially limit mistakes. Good luck to him as like a few have said ok think he will go on to have a good career

• Like 2

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jackson of LT has reported the Wahlstedt offer from AGF and Ruddy has spoken to another Club then Birmingham 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24379160.blackburn-linked-goalkeeper-provides-update-future/

Also Sporting Director at AGF is former Rovers left back Stig Inge Bjornebye

I agree with you totally. Just not suited to English football 

I don’t think overall he’s much worse than Pears but I don’t think the mistakes have been anything to do with English football - just football at any level.

Some of the errors were just idiotic or a total inability to hold onto a simple shot.

Goalkeeping basics

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

The way JDT set up we were so open and the GK got peppered. The damage was already done before Eustace come in, Makes me think how he would of performed for Eustace or other manager from the start. Limit the attacks on goal and could potentially limit mistakes. Good luck to him as like a few have said ok think he will go on to have a good career

What's the thumbs down for on my post? 

I wonder who else was on the list.

I think @Mike Esuggestion of Matthew Ryan is great one. Experience and played in the UK and Europe. 

Rodak suggsstion of @J*Bis another good one.

Should we appoint for the scout job at Rovers? 🤣

If we can recoup £850k for Wahlstedt then it’s a great deal for all parties.

Rodak and Iversen are the type of goalkeeper we should be looking to sign, but their wages are way above our pay structure.

We’ll probably spend all the money on a young keeper from L1/L2 who will never play and end up out on loan in January.

Edited by Polky

If we sell Leo and bring in Ruddy it will be just a classic waste of time/money that we have to endure under this horrific club structure.

If Leo does leave, we have the opportunity to go and sign a decent No.1. 

Bringing in Ruddy and persisting with Pears is just complete madness.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What's the thumbs down for on my post? 

I wonder who else was on the list.

I think @Mike Esuggestion of Matthew Ryan is great one. Experience and played in the UK and Europe. 

Rodak suggsstion of @J*Bis another good one.

Should we appoint for the scout job at Rovers? 🤣

Sorry Chaddy, wasn't meant to do that. Was at the end of cooking my bacon sarnie whilst reading

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

What's the odds on us being priced out of Ruddy and ending up with Connor Ripley

He can play for us and make as many mistakes as he'd like, being Stuart's son. Stuart is top two Rover of all time for me alongside Duffer.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I don’t think overall he’s much worse than Pears but I don’t think the mistakes have been anything to do with English football - just football at any level.

Some of the errors were just idiotic or a total inability to hold onto a simple shot.

Goalkeeping basics

I’m thinking back to the Watford game at Ewood. We were winning relatively comfortably at  1-0 then he had two easy to deal with shots that he palmed back into the goalmouth for two simple tap ins. Game over at 1-2.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m thinking back to the Watford game at Ewood. We were winning relatively comfortably at  1-0 then he had two easy to deal with shots that he palmed back into the goalmouth for two simple tap ins. Game over at 1-2.

A decent crowd due to Fans Takeover Day. After 80 minutes we were winning 1-0 and only 2 points outside the play off places. The rest is history. 

• Like 3

Goalkeeper is probably the one position that if you don’t have basic skills nailed on then your unlikely to develop them in later years. Leo’s decision making was always to parry or punch - lot of the time not very well- I don’t think that could be coached out of him. I remember game v Norwich and Chris Sutton was saying all Norwich have to do is put high balls into the box as Leo was suspect on them, flapping about like a fish out of water. I thought we had a good un when he signed going by reputation and his physical attributes but no he was a bit of a disaster. We need to push on for a number 1 now, can’t have pears going forward. Goalkeeping situation was what gave me the fear of relegation 

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Goalkeeper is probably the one position that if you don’t have basic skills nailed on then your unlikely to develop them in later years. Leo’s decision making was always to parry or punch - lot of the time not very well- I don’t think that could be coached out of him. I remember game v Norwich and Chris Sutton was saying all Norwich have to do is put high balls into the box as Leo was suspect on them, flapping about like a fish out of water. I thought we had a good un when he signed going by reputation and his physical attributes but no he was a bit of a disaster. We need to push on for a number 1 now, can’t have pears going forward. Goalkeeping situation was what gave me the fear of relegation 

It's give and take these days. Modern goalkeepers are better with the ball at their feet but the best shotstoppers don't necessarily play for the best teams any longer. Getting the complete package for a club like ours is very rare, Raya being the closest we'll get in the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2

Just now, Torgeir said:

It's give and take these days. Modern goalkeepers are better with the ball at their feet but the best shotstoppers don't necessarily play for the best teams any longer. Getting the complete package for a club like ours is very rare, Raya being the closest we'll get in the foreseeable future. 

Yep, a £40m goalkeeper, replaced with one at £800k and no sign of getting anyone better.

Hope we can sign some good defenders to help take the pressure off the keepers. 

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

It's why Newcastle are looking to move on from Pope. He's a tremendous GK, but only so-so with his feet. Modern conventional thinking is that a GK has to be a reliable pivot at the back - even if they're much worse at the GK basics.

The game is mad.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

If we are getting 850k for Leo then I like this new recruitment team already! He seems like a nice guy but he's nowhere near the level required.

Seems a strange rumour to make up so I suspect it is true.

I've no doubt his agent has put his feelers out to get him away from this basket case club. It might be a pay cut, but he's currently rotting away on the bench here behind a clown.

This is an opportunity to rekindle his career.

2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

We couldn't win a header in our box for months around Christmas. It was baffling.

• Like 1

Leopold is highly rated in the Scandinavian leagues. He might develop into a decent international goalkeeper later on in his careeer. A pity that it did not work out here

Edited by sverrehh
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Ruddy working with Pears and keeper coaching in general might not be a bad thing he certainly couldn't be a worse number 2 than Leo at this point in time.

Going into the season with Pears as your #1 is suicide.

• Like 7