BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Apparently, Wednesday are close to signing Max Lowe on a free transfer…

We need another RB, and should have been in for him… but our lot of muppets won’t go for anyone expecting more than £7k a week.

Edited by TheRevAshton

38 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I didn't say that either of them were good enough, but it would surprise nobody on here if Leo was sold and one of those two were promoted to 2nd choice in a cost cutting measure

It would surprise me

10 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Aint it mad, that even the idea of us signing a decent free agent is wishful thinking nowadays.

Marek Rodak, Josh Bowler, Aaron Connolly, Tyrese Campbell - all available as free agents, but all of them seem so far out of reach.

Just thinking of the players we've had in the past... these lot couldn't lace their boots. Kills me seeing what they've done, and continue to do, to our Club. 

I hope we are looking at that free agent market for 2 or 3 players

8 hours ago, rovers11 said:

If we are getting 850k for Leo then I like this new recruitment team already! He seems like a nice guy but he's nowhere near the level required.

Seems a strange rumour to make up so I suspect it is true.

Our new head of recruitment hasn't started yet plus he won't be in charge of signing players that will be down to Waggott to do the negotiations  

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ruddy is past it.

Won't Eustace know if he past it or not? 

7 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

We need another RB, and should have been in for him… but our lot of muppets won’t go for anyone expecting more than £7k a week.

Max Lowe is a left back 

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He nearly got us relegated, along with one or two other culprits of course.

Think you're being a bit harsh there Tyrone.

He had a really bad run after being thrown into a boiling cauldron when he wasn't ready.

To expect a 24 year old with no experience in English football to replace Kaminski, a top level keeper is ridiculous. This is Venky Rovers though and what would be complete suicide at any other club is mandatory policy here.

We nearly got relegated last season because the owners once again deliberately tried to relegate the club.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our new head of recruitment hasn't started yet plus he won't be in charge of signing players that will be down to Waggott to do the negotiations  

Max Lowe is a left back 

How do you know who will be dealing with negotiations? Surely it will whoever comes in for Broughton. If someone ever joins.

Eustace might have an opinion but that doesnt mean that hes right. Plus if he is even a target which we dont even know, and say he signs, that might be because we are skint and a free pensioner is all we can get, rather than what he wants.

My opinion regardless of what Eustace thinks is that Ruddy would be a poor signing and I hope we dont go near him. What would you think personally about signing Ruddy?

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Max Lowe is a left back 

I'm sure that will go breathtakingly well.

And to be fair, we likely need another left back.

I still think Wahlsted is a better than Pears (with a higher ceiling).

But I'd take c£750k for him, if it's on the table - providing we will actually buy a proper GK to be our number 1 next season.

Simply cannot go on pretending barely competent number 2s are good enough.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

We will be lucky to sign Max Wall with the venkys running things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If I win the £123,000,000 jackpot on euromillions Rovers will have a promotion chasing team.

If I won £123m I'd definitely buy my usual season ticket in the Jack Walker. I can't promise I'll be there every home game though. 

£123m disappears quickly if you actually own the club. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely if we’re spending £7m this summer we don’t need to be looking at free agents.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Because someone in India has looked at the numbers and said a league one club is cheaper to run than a championship club.

Never agreed with this old wife’s tail. Yes venkys are poison but the whole point of buying us was to promote their brand , you don’t get much advertising in league 1. It may well be cheaper to run the club but you also don’t get the same money in for tv etc so no I don’t think so 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Never agreed with this old wife’s tail. Yes venkys are poison but the whole point of buying us was to promote their brand , you don’t get much advertising in league 1. It may well be cheaper to run the club but you also don’t get the same money in for tv etc so no I don’t think so 

But you get more of all of that in the Premier League. They did everything they could to get us out of that division as fast as possible and have scuttled an attempt to ever get back there so what you're saying is bollocks.

As soon as they took over we immediately started losing circa 20 million a year. That's been pretty consistent for the last 14 years. Sometimes more sometimes less but the amount has been around that 15-20 million loss every year.

I suspect that this club is nothing more than an accounting tool to them. The fact they are under investigation for fraud relating specifically to money they've been sending over here speaks volumes. I may be wrong of course but there's an awful lot of things pointing in a similar direction.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know who will be dealing with negotiations? Surely it will whoever comes in for Broughton. If someone ever joins.

We aren't replacing GB tho given what Nixon and Jackson have reported recently. 

Park is close to rejoining us as head of recruitment replacing Kimberley and Owen is thinking of joining us as technical director/guru. 

Eustace might have an opinion but that doesnt mean that hes right. Plus if he is even a target which we dont even know, and say he signs, that might be because we are skint and a free pensioner is all we can get, rather than what he wants.

We says we are skint by the way? 

If Ruddy, is the one Eustace wants then fair enough. You don't know he isn't a target btw. 

My opinion regardless of what Eustace thinks is that Ruddy would be a poor signing and I hope we dont go near him. What would you think personally about signing Ruddy?

I don't know what I think tbh. Few years ago he would a good solid signing for us. Now I just don't know 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I still think Wahlsted is a better than Pears (with a higher ceiling).

But I'd take c£750k for him, if it's on the table - providing we will actually buy a proper GK to be our number 1 next season.

Simply cannot go on pretending barely competent number 2s are good enough.

A proper club would have had him out on loan first to get him some English game experience.

He'll probably turn out decent in a few years but we just can't afford two dodgy development keepers if we want to stay up.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If they can't fund a championship club any longer which appears to be the case then if they don't sell it it ceases to be an old wives tale and becomes reality.

It's as simple as that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Think you're being a bit harsh there Tyrone.

He had a really bad run after being thrown into a boiling cauldron when he wasn't ready.

To expect a 24 year old with no experience in English football to replace Kaminski, a top level keeper is ridiculous. This is Venky Rovers though and what would be complete suicide at any other club is mandatory policy here.

We nearly got relegated last season because the owners once again deliberately tried to relegate the club.

If they do sell him it adds weight to the theory it was another thing by Broughton they were highly unimpressed with.

Telelavic will probably go as well at some point so that is all his development players off loaded within a year.

Shocking stuff it's the Portugeezers all over again except on less wages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We aren't replacing GB tho given what Nixon and Jackson have reported recently. 

Park is close to rejoining us as head of recruitment replacing Kimberley and Owen is thinking of joining us as technical director/guru. 

We says we are skint by the way? 

If Ruddy, is the one Eustace wants then fair enough. You don't know he isn't a target btw. 

I don't know what I think tbh. Few years ago he would a good solid signing for us. Now I just don't know 

You suggested him in your list of players we should target to be fair.

I never said we are or arent skint. I said IF we sign him, huge if. It might be driven by financial constraints, ie it might not be as simple as Eustace going I want him.

Most will presumably feel able to not just assume that he must be suitable if Eustace wants him. You are right in saying a few years ago he would have been a good signing. Not now. Hopefully amidst very mixed rumours, he isnt a target and we have plan to actually sign a good Championship keeper.

Technical guru. Sounds nice and business like but bizarre if it is a totally different role to Broughton and another "change of direction." If he ever comes.

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Because someone in India has looked at the numbers and said a league one club is cheaper to run than a championship club.

Then why did they invest a bit when we went down to help us get out of that league last time? Why did they then spend nearly 14 million on strikers when we came back up? Why was the plan to sell Brockhall shelved? Why have they bothered funding losses of nearly 20 million a year? Why haven't they just sold the club then it costs nothing to run? In fact they won't even entertain bidders.

The theory that Venkys want us relegated has never made sense. They're utterly inept, disconnected, stubborn, probably corrupt but at the very least empowering people who are, and arrogant. But there doesn't exist a plausible reason to intentionally relegate us other than spite towards the fans, and if that was the case there are cheaper, quicker and easier ways to pull it off, as bad as things have been.

• Like 8

I never said we are or arent skint. I said IF we sign him, huge if. It might be driven by financial constraints, ie it might not be as simple as Eustace going I want him.

Most will presumably feel able to not just assume that he must be suitable if Eustace wants him. 

Given the rumour started in April. I would say he on a list. First choice? Would he be my first choice? No. I quite like Daniel Iversen or Matthew Ryan. 

I also think other main priority is goalscorer number 9 striker

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

they took over we immediately started losing circa 20 million a year. That's been pretty consistent for the last 14 years. Sometimes more sometimes less but the amount has been around that 15-20 million loss every year.

Does anyone have figures from pre-venkys? I'm sure we ran at a loss under the Walker Trust - that's why they didn't want to continue to fund the club. We used to have to sell our best player nearly every season and re-invest, hoping for another player to breakout (Roque, Benni, Bentley, Warnock) to sell for good profit. 

• Like 1