BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Guru Nanak, a founding Guru of Sikhism, meditated for 3 days under a tree before his revelation that all this is is God, and all there ever is was God. 

Guru Owen shall meditate until the end of summer window post court case, before his own revelation - that there is no money to spend and there never was 

😂

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

LT is hedging its bets on Ruddy. It said we weren’t interested a few weeks ago, but the other day claimed even though belief was we still weren’t interested, a change of recruitment dept means that may change! 

Otherwise known as test the water, see what the reaction is and then bring him in, if all hell does not let loose.

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

If this is his actual job title then in writing I'm not going to another game until whoever is responsible is sacked. 

I will give you a clue, it starts with a W and ends with aggott.

Only in the crazy world of BRFC. 

27 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Guru Nanak, a founding Guru of Sikhism, meditated for 3 days under a tree before his revelation that all this is is God, and all there ever is was God. 

Guru Owen shall meditate until the end of summer window post court case, before his own revelation - that there is no money to spend and there never was 

I'm sorry but this is fucking brilliant. 

Chrisene and Moran, and, potentially other loanees, are contracted as loan players until end of June - according to the official site. Nothing against them but seems unnecessary extra month in wage contribution/loan fee.

I may be missing something here but as the season finished in May, I would have thought that would be the end of their deals.

Edited by riverholmes

6 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Chrisene and Moran, and, potentially other loanees, are contracted as loan players until end of June - according to the official site. Nothing against them but seems unnecessary extra month in wage contribution/loan fee.

I may be missing something here but as the season finished in May, I would have thought that would be the end of their deals.

The thing you are missing, is that Venky Rovers did the negotiations. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It's a journalistic word to make someone appear more important or knowledgeable than they really are. Rovers have managed for more than 140 years without having a guru and we don't need one now. 

What we really need is a “ Czar “ , that’s the next step up from a “ Guru “.

• Like 1

From memory wasn’t it more when TK was back fit that ‘Pears hasn’t done owt wrong to be dropped’.

My view was you play your best players, end of… and Pears wasn’t one of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

From memory wasn’t it more when TK was back fit that ‘Pears hasn’t done owt wrong to be dropped’.

My view was you play your best players, end of… and Pears wasn’t one of them.

That opinion was expressed often, despite him making mistakes. There was also a lot of talk around Pears being better because he could play it out from the back and "that's the way we play". Kaminski played the sweeper keeper role quite well I thought. Certainly not so bad in comparison that his superior goalkeeping was ignored for it.

All very strange. Like you say, you play your best players and Kaminski was our best goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Remember when there was heated debate on here about Pears being better than Kaminski. Ridiculous. Not reinstating Kaminski back into the starting line up that season cost us a crack at the playoffs.

The bigger fuck up was not realising Pears had not really done anything wrong for 2 months and therefore his value had never been higher for us to sell him. Instead of flogging him when we could have, we kept him and make him No1 only for him to make numerous fuck ups. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Remember when there was heated debate on here about Pears being better than Kaminski. Ridiculous. Not reinstating Kaminski back into the starting line up that season cost us a crack at the playoffs.

Yeah I remember the person who continuously backs whatever the club do saying Pears is better than Kaminski lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Long term loan deals (anything over 3 months) always seem to expire end of June. I think it might be how they have to work, ie part of the rules. 

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We will as soon as he has a good run of form and someone takes an interest.

Even outside of the club you'd think Pears has now earned a reputation for being a mistake prone clown. Even without the horrific errors he just isn't very good at this level. Would be very surprising if we got bids for him. Maybe he could get a League One loan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Even outside of the club you'd think Pears has now earned a reputation for being a mistake prone clown. Even without the horrific errors he just isn't very good at this level. Would be very surprising if we got bids for him. Maybe he could get a League One loan.

Aye but football is a strange beast he only needs to get a decent run of form and being English and youngish some better placed/financed club might fancy him as number 2 to challenge their number one.

I'd lay my last fiver that had Mowbray been well and doing ok at Brum he'd have been interested.

Edited by tomphil

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Aye but football is a strange beast he only needs to get a decent run of form and being English and youngish some better placed/financed club might fancy him as number 2 to challenge their number one.

I'd lay my last fiver that had Mowbray been well and doing ok at Brum he'd have been interested.

Jason Steele mark II? From what I remember of him he was every bit as bads as Pears yet is now a Premier League squad regular.

Football is indeed strange.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Jason Steele mark II? From what I remember of him he was every bit as bads as Pears yet is now a Premier League squad regular.

Football is indeed strange.

He'd actually been dropped here and replaced by a rookie in Raya and we'd been relegated if i recall correctly yet the right connections took him back to the North East..

For a fee.....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Upside Down said:

But you get more of all of that in the Premier League. They did everything they could to get us out of that division as fast as possible and have scuttled an attempt to ever get back there so what you're saying is bollocks.

As soon as they took over we immediately started losing circa 20 million a year. That's been pretty consistent for the last 14 years. Sometimes more sometimes less but the amount has been around that 15-20 million loss every year.

I suspect that this club is nothing more than an accounting tool to them. The fact they are under investigation for fraud relating specifically to money they've been sending over here speaks volumes. I may be wrong of course but there's an awful lot of things pointing in a similar direction.

Just because it doesn’t tie in with your conspiracy waffle doesn’t mean it’s bollocks. 
incompetent - yes

sabotaging one’s own club- no 

give her head a wobble 

19 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They did everything they could to get us out of that division as fast as possible and have scuttled an attempt to ever get back there so what you're saying is bollocks.

I may be wrong of course but there's an awful lot of things pointing in a similar direction.

It's an interesting combination of statements.

This conspiracy theory never manages to explain why. There are easier ways to do everything you're alleging they're doing through Blackburn Rovers - and they could do them through less high-profile means.

Not to mention why they would go to through all of that effort, as billionaires, to do some dodgy accounting on 20 million a year.

We are a rounding error in their finances. They're incompetent, stubborn, and awful owners, but almost certainly nothing more.