BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 hours ago, Ricky said:

Surely if we’re spending £7m this summer we don’t need to be looking at free agents.

Good point, if we have £7m we should be able to strenghthen our attack; buy a decent winger and sign a 6ft plus decent centre back.

Leo has had some wobblers, but he falls into that category of you could see a scenario or an environment where he would improve over time. You don’t get anything like that with Pears. We all saw the usernames of those on here who agreed with him keeping Kaminski out of the side and they’re looking pretty ridiculous right now! 

• Like 4

I’ve never forgiven Pears for that McBurnie goal vs Sheffield United, he could’ve taken his gloves off and thrown them at the ball before it hit the net yet was somehow beaten by it. A lot have forgotten about that due to the even bigger nob head in Tyler Morton!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

That opinion was expressed often, despite him making mistakes. There was also a lot of talk around Pears being better because he could play it out from the back and "that's the way we play". Kaminski played the sweeper keeper role quite well I thought. Certainly not so bad in comparison that his superior goalkeeping was ignored for it.

All very strange. Like you say, you play your best players and Kaminski was our best goalkeeper.

Tomasson rated Pears over Kaminski, you might not agree, but there's nothing strange about it, it was just a manager choosing his favoured keeper. 

20 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Good point, if we have £7m we should be able to strenghthen our attack; buy a decent winger and sign a 6ft plus decent centre back.

We need to look in all markets whether that free agent market, transfers and loans. 

Tyrese Campbell would be good free transfer for me and I still look to bring in another striker like Plymouth Striker Ryan Hardie for example. 

There were a surprising amount (ie more than 1) of people on here who wanted Pears to stay as number 1 when TK was fit again.

They were batshit crazy then as they are now, with all hindsight and whatnot.

Pears is not good enough; we need a proper GK or we might as well write this season off before it starts.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's an interesting combination of statements.

This conspiracy theory never manages to explain why. There are easier ways to do everything you're alleging they're doing through Blackburn Rovers - and they could do them through less high-profile means.

Not to mention why they would go to through all of that effort, as billionaires, to do some dodgy accounting on 20 million a year.

We are a rounding error in their finances. They're incompetent, stubborn, and awful owners, but almost certainly nothing more.

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Just because it doesn’t tie in with your conspiracy waffle doesn’t mean it’s bollocks. 
incompetent - yes

sabotaging one’s own club- no 

give her head a wobble 

I like how you are so confident in your opinion about something where you can not possibly know what is actually happening.

Maybe try being a bit more open minded. It wasn't that long ago people were poo pooing the notion that they were funding the club through the parent company.

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Just because it doesn’t tie in with your conspiracy waffle doesn’t mean it’s bollocks. 
incompetent - yes

sabotaging one’s own club- no 

give her head a wobble 

There is plenty of evidence of them sabotaging their own club. In fact if you pop over to the court hearing in India, in August, you might just hear it, first hand. 

Edited by lraC

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Tomasson rated Pears over Kaminski, you might not agree, but there's nothing strange about it, it was just a manager choosing his favoured keeper. 

And that was a clear error of judgement. Just because the manager makes a decision, it doesn't mean you have to wholeheartedly get behind it.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

It was the wrong decision, and also it wasnt like it was at the start of the season. Maybe Tomasson weighed up the impact in the dressing room, the message it would set, he didnt want to change the team, whatever it was, it was the wrong decision. Kaminski appeared to be the likely first choice again in the friendlies leading up to the season but then he was sold.

Pears is crap, and I think people think Wahlstedt might have a "higher ceiling" because of his more alternative background and that hes more continental in how he plays, but he was playing in a poor league and seemingly might go back to one. They are both poor.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears is crap

if he was crap he wouldn't be playing at this level. He has makes some very good saves but very poor ones. He is inconsistence keeper at this stage of his career. 

So far we are playing 5  friendlies and an Austrian tour all away this summer. We were promised a few weeks ago there would be a friendly at Ewood before the start of next season. I know it's not a transfer topic, but it would be a boost to win on home soil before the new season gets under way.

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

I’ve never forgiven Pears for that McBurnie goal vs Sheffield United, he could’ve taken his gloves off and thrown them at the ball before it hit the net yet was somehow beaten by it. A lot have forgotten about that due to the even bigger nob head in Tyler Morton!

Yet when he was pulling off fantastic saves for Rovers to keep them in some games none of this was mentioned. He's short on confidence at the moment which needs putting right in pre season training. We do need to sign another decent keeper for competition between the sticks.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
Forgot to put in a sentence.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

There were a surprising amount (ie more than 1) of people on here who wanted Pears to stay as number 1 when TK was fit again.

They were batshit crazy then as they are now, with all hindsight and whatnot.

Pears is not good enough; we need a proper GK or we might as well write this season off before it starts.

I think it was justified at first to say you can't just drop him because TK is fit because he was doing alright in the main.

Once the wheels started coming off though - not his fault admittedly - the senior number 1 should have been brought back in no ifs or buts.  However the argument then was he's better with his feet playing out from the back, suits the style better so should stay.

Never made sense that and JDT was wrong but by then Luton had been alerted and his head was turned realising he was being gently pushed towards the door because we were desperate for cash.

So it was too late really i think his head had probably gone.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if he was crap he wouldn't be playing at this level. He has makes some very good saves but very poor ones. He is inconsistence keeper at this stage of his career. 

A lot of people blame Pears, but forget about our misfiring strikeforce that heaps pressure on defence and goalkeeper. His biggest clanger was against Sheffield wednsday, when he sliced the ball into his own goal. It was a dodgy backpass to him from hyam who was under pressure.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I think it was justified at first to say you can't just drop him because TK is fit because he was doing alright in the main.

Once the wheels started coming off though - not his fault admittedly - the senior number 1 should have been brought back in no ifs or buts.  However the argument then was he's better with his feet playing out from the back, suits the style better so should stay.

Never made sense that and JDT was wrong but by then Luton had been alerted and his head was turned realising he was being gently pushed towards the door because we were desperate for cash.

So it was too late really i think his head had probably gone.

If your best player in a certain position comes back after injury, then he should be selected, in my opinion .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I like how you are so confident in your opinion about something where you can not possibly know what is actually happening.

Maybe try being a bit more open minded. It wasn't that long ago people were poo pooing the notion that they were funding the club through the parent company.

There have been users on here who have been very on top of the financial side of things from basically the get-go. The same users who do a thorough breakdown of our financial statements each year and have also looked into Venky's statements. 

There have been no surprises on that front for years.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is not a No.1 goalkeeper, certainly not at this level. He'd be a reasonable No.2, playing the odd game when required.

12 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

A lot of people blame Pears, but forget about our misfiring strikeforce that heaps pressure on defence and goalkeeper. His biggest clanger was against Sheffield wednsday, when he sliced the ball into his own goal. It was a dodgy backpass to him from hyam who was under pressure.

Thanks for making me watch those highlights again.

Not having that at all, the pass was fine and the nearest Sheff Wed player was miles away. He could have taken a touch if needed.

Edit: even if you mean Hyam was under pressure, the pass was still fine. Absolutely no excuses for Pears on this one.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

If your best player in a certain position comes back after injury, then he should be selected, in my opinion .

Which was the general feeling on here i think but the sole argument was the playing out from the back better.  I'd always prefer the man who could best keep the ball out of the net.

As usual it was twisted by the couldn't lie straight in his own bed Waggot that once a Prem club showed interest he'd obviously want to go and we couldn't stand in his way. True of course but as far as i could see their interest only gathered pace at that point because he'd been kept out of the side whilst we weren't doing that well and his dummy had been spat.

Whilst i'm not saying he was forced out i'm certain a situation was created on purpose because we needed money and they saw him as saleable and Pears a cheaper option to plug the gap, so they ran with it.

Player development and player sale over points and play offs !

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Inconsistent doesnt cut it for me. The goal he conceded against Wednesday was the worst piece of goalkeeping I have ever seen, yet he made some absolute blinders against Leicester (and Leeds, I think). 

Not sure what word I'd use to describe him actually, a common feeling during the last 13 years.