BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Because I know what is coming if Pears is still in goal. There will be multiple signings this summer, despite the club's situation. If Eustace wants a new keeper, he'll get one. If he's still in goal, it will be because Eustace wants him,not because he can't replace him.

There will no doubt be the same lack of acceptance as when Tomasson favoured Pears over Kaminski.

There's no way you can know that. I find it difficult to believe anyone can be that sure about the how this club is run to make such a statement. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Not for us 😒

our window opens on 1st september with the lament,we just did`nt have the time to get deals done,leaving us with the strikeforce of gallagher and telalovic😩,one terrible goalkeeper and a youth team goalie as no 2(leo having been sold to the danes)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

our window opens on 1st september with the lament,we just did`nt have the time to get deals done,leaving us with the strikeforce of gallagher and telalovic😩,one terrible goalkeeper and a youth team goalie as no 2(leo having been sold to the danes)

Yes we just didn't have enough time to sign anyone.

I'm sure it won't hamper them in flogging off any half decent players we have for absolutely fuck all.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, London blue said:

There's no way you can know that. I find it difficult to believe anyone can be that sure about the how this club is run to make such a statement. 

Because we're going to be making a number of signings. If Eustace wants a keeper, why wouldn't one of them be a keeper? Especially if Wahlstedt leaves as is expected. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Cliches about form and deserving to play etc are all well and good. But if we sign a goalkeeper that cannot maintain form sufficient to oust Pears who isnt very good, then it means that we havent signed a very good keeper.

Let's see who we sign first. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If Eustace decides that he wants Pears as number 1, then its a huge error of judgement on his part.

Your opinion. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

We can't start pretending John Ruddy is a good signing. Surely? Christ.

Let's at least have some standards for this club.

Washed up unimaginative signing yes, good signing no.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let's see who we sign first. 

Your opinion. 

It is my opinion, yes.

Its good to have one. Rather than just assume whatever the manager does is correct. Pears as number one? Must think hes good enough. Ruddy as a potential signing? Must trust in him and believe in him. If either is true, Eustace will be IMO wrong.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It is my opinion, yes.

Its good to have one. Rather than just assume whatever the manager does is correct. Pears as number one? Must think hes good enough. Ruddy as a potential signing? Must trust in him and believe in him. If either is true, Eustace will be IMO wrong.

With no money coming from Indian until at least August, it’s a matter of either accepting what we can afford, or signing no one. The manager is highly likely to say what the club want him to say about his opinion on the players and the situation we are in, as that’s the reason he is here and not JDT who would call them out. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

The transfer window opens tomorrow. 

I will never understand the "transfer window is not open yet" argument

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2024&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

As is demonstrated by that link, it doesn't matter if the window is officially open.  Numerous Championship clubs have completed and announced signings well in advance of the window being open.

The ideal is always to have the majority of your squad building done before pre season starts, in order to bed the new signings in and give them time to adapt to what the manager/head coach wants.  But I am a realist, and understand that the ideal is really only a possibility for those clubs who can cherry pick who they want and pay the fees a and wages to get them.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

I will never understand the "transfer window is not open yet" argument

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2024&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

As is demonstrated by that link, it doesn't matter if the window is officially open.  Numerous Championship clubs have completed and announced signings well in advance of the window being open.

The ideal is always to have the majority of your squad building done before pre season starts, in order to bed the new signings in and give them time to adapt to what the manager/head coach wants.  But I am a realist, and understand that the ideal is really only a possibility for those clubs who can cherry pick who they want and pay the fees an and wages to get them.

Think the difference is those players in the link haven’t been transferred as they were free agents. 

think that link is out of date. The two dingles both signed last summer

Edited by Forever Blue

The best transfer we could have is a new manager. Yet to be remotely convinced by Eustace and all of his cliches. 

Actually, that would be third best. A new CEO and new owners get the 1 and 2 spot.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 4
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, M_B said:

Because we're going to be making a number of signings. If Eustace wants a keeper, why wouldn't one of them be a keeper? Especially if Wahlstedt leaves as is expected. 

There's all sorts of reasons that a signing the club wants to make doesn't happen, chief among them affordability. 

A few others? The players desire to join a specific team, family not wanting to move to a certain area, other clubs making better offers. 

Ash clouds.

Not pressing the right fucking button.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Think the difference is those players in the link haven’t been transferred as they were free agents. 

think that link is out of date. The two dingles both signed last summer

The dingle signings were on loan last season, and made permanent (for large fees) this summer

And the signings by Norwich, Stoke and Coventry also are not free transfers. they are multi million £ signings.  As I stated earlier, it doesn't matter if the window is officially open.  several Championship clubs have completed and announced signings well in advance of the window being open.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

With no money coming from Indian until at least August, it’s a matter of either accepting what we can afford, or signing no one. The manager is highly likely to say what the club want him to say about his opinion on the players and the situation we are in, as that’s the reason he is here and not JDT who would call them out. 

Absolutely, I mentioned that even if we only managed to get say someone like Ruddy, a freebie counting down days until his imminent retirement, or even nobody, that is just as likely down to finances rather than Eustace specifically wanting him.

37 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We absolutely need Aaron Connelly.

Do we? Underwhelming goal record, big rumours about application and personal life.

• Like 1

Other than the desperados seeking new clubs, IMO, we have very little as a club to attract the new players so needed to make our team better.

Are we a stable, progressive and ambitious club - think not.

Have we a respected manager and coaching  team - think not.

I think it's going to be a horrible, horrible window and the thought of starting our season with Pears in goal, Gallagher up front and Hyam our captain fills me with dread.  Personally, I think Hyam needs kicking out of our club - a captain having a go at fans during a match who have put up with so much shite is beyond the pale; instead, as a captain, he should have been tearing strips off, IMO, his underperforming and cowardly team mates.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The dingle signings were on loan last season, and made permanent (for large fees) this summer

And the signings by Norwich, Stoke and Coventry also are not free transfers. they are multi million £ signings.  As I stated earlier, it doesn't matter if the window is officially open.  several Championship clubs have completed and announced signings well in advance of the window being open.

They aren’t completed signings, they are subject to EFL/FA/International clearance once the window opens. 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Other than the desperados seeking new clubs, IMO, we have very little as a club to attract the new players so needed to make our team better.

Are we a stable, progressive and ambitious club - think not.

Have we a respected manager and coaching  team - think not.

I think it's going to be a horrible, horrible window and the thought of starting our season with Pears in goal, Gallagher up front and Hyam our captain fills me with dread.  Personally, I think Hyam needs kicking out of our club - a captain having a go at fans during a match who have put up with so much shite is beyond the pale; instead, as a captain, he should have been tearing strips off, IMO, his underperforming and cowardly team mates.

I’ve said it before - players only come to Venkies Rovers when they have no other options. Two or three clubs in with us for a player and they very, very rarely come here anymore. Look back over the last few years signings, how many have we been in a battle with other clubs our size for. Who can blame them, why join a circus when you can go somewhere normal.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or it could be that Eustace has faith in Pears

Easy link? Says who? Or it could Eustace knows him and has faith to him

I still want a new keeper but I don't set them in stone as number 1 and 2 like you do. It's all down form and confident

I don't know if Ruddy would be good signing or not until he is playing in Rovers shirt and playing in games if he signed. 

I haven't amused anything. 

I haven't defending the club at all. I have praised for the club of ST for under 18's and seniors. Adult got 8% drop in the price..is it as much as I wanted? No, but it is a step in the right direction. 

You refused to even answer a simple question whether you have renew your ST despite being asked several times. Why is that? Don't want to admit to renewing your ST or don't want to admit you haven't and won't? Which one is it? 

There are question marks about Eustace's managerial ability and if he signs Ruddy/keeps faith with Pears, it will just add more black marks against his name.

• Like 2