BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

There are question marks about Eustace's managerial ability and if he signs Ruddy/keeps faith with Pears, it will just add more black marks against his name.

You’re talking like we’ve got pots of money and we can go and sign anyone we like.

Maybe we should go for Stockdale, I believe he could be available. Maybe have a punt at that ex-Dingle at Newcastle. They’ll be better than Pears.

If he sticks with Pears it means all the magic beans are gone and the kids piggy bank is empty.

I only live in a 1930’s semi-detached. Put a black mark against my name. Obviously I should be living in a really swanky detached house at my age.

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

There are question marks about Eustace's managerial ability and if he signs Ruddy/keeps faith with Pears, it will just add more black marks against his name.

Is there? 

Didn't he sort out the defence? How many clean sheets? 

4 clean sheets out of the last 6 games showed Eustace can organise a team to defend well, and that’s with Pears and Hyam playing. So all is not lost in that regard. Eustace is at least competent. 

The quality of the football was dreadful though. We looked like a pub team. Compare that with some of the football we played under JDT and it was chalk and cheese. I fear it will be more of the same next season - solid at the back but pretty much unwatchable! I’m just hoping that it was the lack of attacking quality/options that made us play like that. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there? 

You know there are, you see them on here every day.

How many goals? How many games lost against the very worst teams?

Edited by London blue

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there? 

Of course there are Chaddy, he managed just 3 wins (one of which was against a hungover Leicester) in 16 games. Failed to beat any of our relegation rivals and took our championship survival to the very last game and got incredibly lucky that Leicester were already champions.

And we put in some absolute horror show performances against Bristol and Sheff Wed (an absolute mist win at the time) along the way.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

I will never understand the "transfer window is not open yet" argument

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2024&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

As is demonstrated by that link, it doesn't matter if the window is officially open.  Numerous Championship clubs have completed and announced signings well in advance of the window being open.

The ideal is always to have the majority of your squad building done before pre season starts, in order to bed the new signings in and give them time to adapt to what the manager/head coach wants.  But I am a realist, and understand that the ideal is really only a possibility for those clubs who can cherry pick who they want and pay the fees a and wages to get them.

Maybe the majority of our squad building is done? 😞

I wonder if Placheta is on our radar. Was on loan at Brum under Eustace but was hampered by injuries. Previously highly rated but his stock has fallen. Could be worth a go. Recently released by Swansea. 

13 hours ago, Mike E said:

Outfield players that go in goal don’t do what Pears did against Sheffield Wednesday.

The last person to be picked in a schoolyard line-up, wouldn't do what Pears did against Sheffield wednesday. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

The sole aim from the start of next season will be to grind enough points to stay up, so it won't be pretty again.

However it will be based around having a much better home record so at least the losing at home mentality should be consigned to the bin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, London blue said:

There's all sorts of reasons that a signing the club wants to make doesn't happen, chief among them affordability. 

A few others? The players desire to join a specific team, family not wanting to move to a certain area, other clubs making better offers. 

Ash clouds.

Not pressing the right fucking button.

I agree, but that goes for any transfer, and who'd want Lewandowski anyway 😁

I just don't see that if Eustace wants a keeper, why one of his signings wouldn't be a keeper. 

13 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

What happened to this Adam Owen-guy then?

Underwhelming that Rudy is appointed. Zero experience.

Just reading Elliott Jackson on twitter and it seems Rudys role is  overseeing every dept at the STC from ‘recruitment to catering to administration’ or something like that.  

edit: Jackson saying Owen still joining as head of Technical. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

John returns to Rovers as Head of Recruitment – a position he previously held from July 2021 to June 2022, during which time the club completed a number of notable signings, including the permanent transfers of Ryan Hedges and Dilan Markanday, as well as the loan arrival of Jan Paul van Hecke, who went on to win our Player of the Year award that season.”

This part made me laugh out loud.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there? 

So you have no question marks at all about Eustace? 

Even if you see reasons for optimism and green shoots, fine. But surely you have some uncertainty and some questions. He didnt win a home game, we struggled to score, his points tally was relegation worthy.

Keep him/sack him, thats one seperate question. But of course there are question marks over him.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What big rumours? 

There were suggestions when he was dropped by Hull that he wasnt in the best physical shape and liked a beer or two.

Obviously only rumours so pinch of salt but hes hardly ripped up the league either way.

• Like 1