BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Parson will be chuffed though.

I am absolutely delighted Matty.  Couldn't happier to see the back of Broughton and Rudy installed.  I think it's an interesting appointment and someone who will be able to relate to players in a way that Broughton couldn't.  At the end of the day we all have to start our careers somewhere and no reason why Rudy shouldn't start here.  

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

Complete joke of an appointment even for these clowns its low. Followed by a chief of recruitment who they are lauding for bringing in Markandy and Hedges.

Great start to the summer business.

• Like 5

Expect him to be in the media more than Broughton was, expect him the first to be sacked next summer if we have a season like last ...or worse.

Window dressing again.

• Like 2

"Head of Football Operations" for Rudy, so now I definitely think that "Head of Technical" will be responsible for clicking on the "submit" tab for transfers.

The coaching and backroom staff will outnumber the first team squad.

How about "Head of Hot Beverages" for our next appointment?

• Like 2

When I first became a fan of the club, Rudy came along, shortly thereafter. I loved watching Rhodes & Gestede (with kudos to Conway for whipping on those beautiful crosses!)

However, hiring him as head of footie operations is a big risk. Rovers are teetering on the precipice of collapse & irrelevancy. I would’ve preferred an experienced hand in this area. 

• Like 3

This doesn’t surprise me as an appointment. 

FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

The Rao’s really have no clue. Waggott’s puts another barrier up to stop any sacking of him.

He's the one who needs to go. His feet are certainly under The Rao’s table.

Certainly a clever (and slimy…) bastard.

• Like 4

So an absolute novice with zero experience as a 'Head Of' in any capacity, is in charge of the footballing operations at a Championship club.

"There's no reason why Rudy shouldn't be here" - yes there is, see above.

"We've all got to start somewhere" - Yes, usually cutting your teeth on the checkouts or being a barista. In no other world would anyone be given 'Head Of' prior to having ANY experience in a similar capacity.

None of it makes sense. He's been shadowing Waggott with the hopes of becoming a CEO hasn't he? So why does he have a job in an area he's not interested in? 

• Like 4

It's just a created window dressing position whilst he completes his studies.

Every dept already has a head so it looks like he'll just wander around between those different depts and report back to Laurel and Hardy.

Easy money, no power to do anything and no accountability.....until something goes wrong and his head gets served up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, martonrover said:

"Head of Football Operations" for Rudy, so now I definitely think that "Head of Technical" will be responsible for clicking on the "submit" tab for transfers.

Note that they these roles are "Head of...." ,rather than "Director of....". 

In business language that means cheaper

To my knowledge, there are only 2 people at any club able to "press submit".  In our case, Waggott and the guy who replaced Silvester (Brett Baker)

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 6

Not spotted any ‘abuse’, but maybe the powers that be that have somehow ended up in positions of authority at this grand old club should try and stop acting in such a criticisable manner, what do you reckon?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

That’s Rudy too.

‘My role will be to oversee every department at the Senior Training Centre, from administration to catering to recruitment‘

• Like 4