BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I reckon Gestede must have taken a leaf out of Yosser Hughes’ book and phoned the maggot and said “Gizza job”

I just can’t see how Waggot would have known of him otherwise. 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We won at Leicester. simple as, you can up with all the excuses you want. 

4 wins for me, just lets not go there. 

Yes we put poor performances just like under every manager that happen like good performances. 

We know he can keep us defensively solid and play on the counter and score but I want to see how he is going to develop us as attacking team and score goals. I know we won't be gun-ho under him. He had little faith in our attacking players outside the main 4 players of Szmodics, Hedges, Dolan and Gallagher(maybe Leonard). 

oh right, so just suggestions from who?

We need strikers who can score goals and go in behind defences. He scores at this level. That's what we need. 

fair play Parsonblue for being so open and honest even you knew people would have a different view than yours. 

My own view is lets see what affect Gestede can have here. Is it appointment I would have made? deffo not, I wanted someone with experience in that role before hand like Les Ferdinand or Alex Aldridge. It will be interesting how much he is involved in transfers or not. 

On Park appointment, I think it is good appointment and he will need his range of contacts and knowledge to bring players in even on our budget 

Players signed during 2021/2022 when Park was previously employed

Clarkson - useless

Poveda- a few games then injured 

Khadra- erratic but had his moments 

Edun- useless 

Vsn Hecke - excellent 

Markandy - waste of £500k

Zeefuick - who the f***? 

Giles - would have been good if used       properly 

Hedges - came good eventually 

Brown- wouldn't have made the grade if he'd stayed 

All in all a very mixed bag. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We won at Leicester. simple as, you can up with all the excuses you want. 

4 wins for me, just lets not go there. 

Yes we put poor performances just like under every manager that happen like good performances. 

We know he can keep us defensively solid and play on the counter and score but I want to see how he is going to develop us as attacking team and score goals. I know we won't be gun-ho under him. He had little faith in our attacking players outside the main 4 players of Szmodics, Hedges, Dolan and Gallagher(maybe Leonard). 

oh right, so just suggestions from who?

We need strikers who can score goals and go in behind defences. He scores at this level. That's what we need. 

fair play Parsonblue for being so open and honest even you knew people would have a different view than yours. 

My own view is lets see what affect Gestede can have here. Is it appointment I would have made? deffo not, I wanted someone with experience in that role before hand like Les Ferdinand or Alex Aldridge. It will be interesting how much he is involved in transfers or not. 

On Park appointment, I think it is good appointment and he will need his range of contacts and knowledge to bring players in even on our budget 

You dismissed the idea that there are question marks over him. Even if you like him, you surely have some questions and not absolute and total faith in him.

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I am absolutely delighted Matty.  Couldn't happier to see the back of Broughton and Rudy installed.  I think it's an interesting appointment and someone who will be able to relate to players in a way that Broughton couldn't.  At the end of the day we all have to start our careers somewhere and no reason why Rudy shouldn't start here.  

It's amazing that anyone could have followed the club the last 14 years and after yet another quick, cheap rearranging of the deck chairs proclaim themselves 'absolutely delighted'. Wake Up!

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, alcd said:

Yes I know actually who we signed in that season when he was head of scouting here but it was limited budget and also I was thinking about his career and 

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You dismissed the idea that there are question marks over him. Even if you like him, you surely have some questions and not absolute and total faith in him.

Its not about like him, but progressing the team and moving us forward as attacking team. That's Eustace next step for him and the team. Plus bringing in the signings we need as a team to improve the squad and starting 11 like a striker or 2, right winger, Keeper, centre back and right back to compete with Brittain for the slot. Plus others signings for anyone who leaves aswell

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has anyone listen to Gestede interview? any good? worth a listen or not? 

If you enjoy more platitudes, talk of a lack of budget, gushing thanks for Steve and Suhail and being told we all need to be together - yep, go for it.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it's a decent interview - talks about the six months he's already been here.  Outlines his job.  Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

Edited by Parsonblue

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cliches 

Very little detail in to what he will actually do. 

Talked nonsense about Waggots engagement with fans. 

felt like he nearly tripped up a few times and had to watch his words carefully. 

the role doesn’t seem nessesary. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Yes it's a decent interview - talks about the six months he's already been here.  Outlines his job.  Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

I’m all for giving someone a chance but blowing smoke up arse of the owners, Suhail and Swag doesn’t sit comfortably with me. I wish he could have just focussed on the current shit show and how we can, and must improve.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I know actually who we signed in that season when he was head of scouting here but it was limited budget and also I was thinking about his career and 

Its not about like him, but progressing the team and moving us forward as attacking team. That's Eustace next step for him and the team. Plus bringing in the signings we need as a team to improve the squad and starting 11 like a striker or 2, right winger, Keeper, centre back and right back to compete with Brittain for the slot. Plus others signings for anyone who leaves aswell

A lot of irrelevant twaddle, but not really elaborating as to you suggestion that there are no question marks over Eustace, having shot down a poster for suggesting there is.

There either is or isnt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Players signed during 2021/2022 when Park was previously employed

Clarkson - useless

Poveda- a few games then injured 

Khadra- erratic but had his moments 

Edun- useless 

Vsn Hecke - excellent 

Markandy - waste of £500k

Zeefuick - who the f***? 

Giles - would have been good if used       properly 

Hedges - came good eventually 

Brown- wouldn't have made the grade if he'd stayed 

Mixed bag under limited resources.  Certainly nothing to be sure he is a good appointment.

58 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Outline his job and what he done to get there. 

Let's see what does. Doesn't say how much work he will do within the club recruitment or what Transfer plan this summer. 

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A lot of irrelevant twaddle, but not really elaborating as to you suggestion that there are no question marks over Eustace, having shot down a poster for suggesting there is.

There either is or isnt.

No it's not twaddle but about moving forward under Eustace in attacking sense..

On 13/06/2024 at 15:28, rigger said:
6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.roverstrust.com/news/newsletter---june-2024

Venkys pet Suhail was flying to India this week, thats over a month after the season finished to discuss budgets. 

Simply not true that there are no current impediments to the current funding of the club by the owners nor that the court case has nothing to do with the running of the club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Simply not true that there are no current impediments to the current funding of the club by the owners nor that the court case has nothing to do with the running of the club. 

He loves that line. And some believe it.

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

So why are we always scrapping around in the bargain basement? Why don't we spend decent money for once?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

So why are we always scrapping around in the bargain basement? Why don't we spend decent money for once?

Because someones bottie is on fire. 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

We did 2 summers ago.

How much do want to spend? What a decent money for us?