BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regular for his club last season - that team went down.

Eustace knows him very well - so what?

Eustace knowing him with be factor in us . 

McFadzean did what we needed from him but another year is very short sighted. He turns 38 this season and to play him, we have to play 5 yards deeper and with 2 other centre backs to cover him.

I think McFadzean is logical signing, but I would use him as a coach and get rid of Lowe

Fleck has had 2 broken legs and a plate in his leg lasted 17 minutes in a Rovers shirt, yet we are in discussions over an extention.

He is coming back to do pre season training and we take it from there. Let's see what happens 

If we are actually interested in Ruddy, big if, hes another hasbeen who Birmingham fans seem keen to move on, he had a poor season with age catching up and we saw that at Ewood.

Why is it a big if? Even LT is changing it mind on it

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace knowing him with be factor in us . 

I think McFadzean is logical signing, but I would use him as a coach and get rid of Lowe

He is coming back to do pre season training and we take it from there. Let's see what happens 

Why is it a big if? Even LT is changing it mind on it

Have to say, I think it's a huge mistake. We have to be careful with the little money we have and it can't be spent on passengers.

3 hours ago, M_B said:

Whichever way you lean,the goals of Armstrong, Brereton and Szmodics would suggest, if not prove it isn't a coincidence. 

If someone comes in, or even if we have to rely on Leonard, I'd say they could do worse than play alongside Gallagher who's played alongside those 3.

Even if Gallagher was a great partner for these goalscorers, his injury record is cause for concern.

Relying on Gallagher and Leonard's goals to keep us up is a terrifying prospect. The sadder thing is I fully expect it or similar to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Why do you place so much importance on Eustace knowing Ruddy well?

He managed him prior to last season when his performances declined to the point that Birmingham fans wanted shut of him. He was the worst keeper not in a Rovers shirt to come to Ewood last season in the league. He is about to turn 38 years old. Who gives a shit how well he knows him. Just would scream of a really lazy, cheap and desperate signing when we are crying out for a proper number 1 who doesnt keep throwing points away and/or is about to collect their pension. We have generated loads of money lately. Its not too big of an ask to expect better than John Ruddy.

And how do you know that McFadzean is a competent coach? 

Lets see what happens on Fleck? Hes broken his leg twice and has a bloody plate in his leg, which lasted 17 minutes of competitive football. Even if he makes it through a bit of training and maybe a friendly or two, so what.

The standards of this football club have never been lower. Linked with signing a soon to be 38 year old keeper released by a relegated side? Oh well, at least hes mates with Eustace. Signing a soon to be 38 year old centre back who requires a total change in shape and style to accomodate? Yeah get him in, player coach. Signing an almost 33 year old midfielder who has barely played in 2 or 3 years having suffered 2 broken legs and now has a plate which couldnt even sustain 20 minutes of competitive action? Oh well, maybe a bit of pre season training without breaking down will disprove all of those concerns.

Forget the players not far off 40 years old, forget the players who have suffered a series of injuries which they clearly havent fully recovered from. We deserve better.

Spot on. These are not the moves of a remotely ambitious club, and no remotely ambitious fan should be happy with them.

But then that's exactly the problem.

• Like 5

Why do you place so much importance on Eustace knowing Ruddy well?

Cos he does know him, was his head coach last season 

He managed him prior to last season when his performances declined to the point that Birmingham fans wanted shut of him. 

Who cares what their fans think? 

Eustace had them 6th when he was there last season with Ruddy in goal.

Just would scream of a really lazy, cheap and desperate signing when we are crying out for a proper number 1 who doesnt keep throwing points away and/or is about to collect their pension. We have generated loads of money lately. Its not too big of an ask to expect better than John Ruddy.

If Ruddy is the one Eustace wants then fair enough. It's his decision.

And how do you know that McFadzean is a competent coach? 

Good leadership and communication skills  who clearly understand the game 

The stLinked with signing a soon to be 38 year old keeper released by a relegated side? Oh well, at least hes mates with Eustace.

Who says he is mates with Eustace? 

Signing a soon to be 38 year old centre back who requires a total change in shape and style to accomodate? 

They will be times during the season where we need to sit back and play on the counter like Luton away or Leeds away for example 

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the bad injuries hav`nt taken their toll to much he should be far to good for the bottom division,i bet the bigger clubs will be queing up for him in january if it works out for him

Barnes has a year deal with an option,  I would really hope that with him being a Rovers fan, he has been told that if he proves his form and fitness over the next 2 years that he will have a deal waiting for him back at Rovers in 2026 (when he would be available on a free transfer - obviously if Barrow do not take up the option and he is a free agent next summer then we can only assume that his injuries have ruined a very promising career)

prediction.. the day ruddy signs anywhere for someone else ,us or retires

anywhere else/retires...didn't want him 

us... in venkys we trust,whilst singing all things bright and beautiful.

chaddy .... why does being 38 and able to communicate make you a coach over qualified coaches?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Spot on. These are not the moves of a remotely ambitious club, and no remotely ambitious fan should be happy with them.

But then that's exactly the problem.

Just to add if we do get our money back for Leo. There has to be money there for a cash replacement. Swag has no excuses

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Forget about that. He's a bit of a prat

I played against McFadzean when he was at Alfreton Town. I don't understand how he has managed to etch a living as a League 1 / Championship footballer, really. He thought he was better than he was then. I guess it is just a case of luck, which is a real factor between players at the League 1 and National League level

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Oh no how can anybodybget by on 800 a week 😲

Only joking! He'll be absolutely fine whilst he's still playing but he'll need a bloody good retirement plan

It's a fair drop off from 8k plus other benefits he was alleged to have been lured to Bournemouth by. It certainly wasn't the chance of 1st team football that took him there he was way off that level.

Point being if your life and outgoings are tailored to thousands of pounds per week you'll find yourself in bother the examples are endless of young footballers. The docu on netflix of J Lloyd Samuels is an interesting tale he went from 400 qiud a week to 15 grand a week then 20 grand a week before he got injured his contract ran out and he was on nothing with no club.

As Mike Tyson once said it's a massive leap from the gutter to the Rolls Royce but it's only one step out the Roller back into the gutter !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

why does being 38 and able to communicate make you a coach over qualified coaches?

He would have to his coaching badges to be coach anyway, but communication is vital in any form of coaching or management of a team. 

I'm sure your manager you work is a very good at communicating with you? 

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We really have to think of the commercial spin offs from potentially signing McFadzean, Ruddy and Fleck. We could sell incontinence pants sponsored by Macron, zimmer frames with their names on and sponsored by Totally Wicked and Waggott could explore the possibility of a price reduction in the hired bus as they could use their bus passes.

Seriously how can the club to from the 'project' which Broughton and Tomasson often spoke about and having, at times the youngest team playing in the Championship to signing players who are really at the backend of their careers and in Flecks case injury prone. The club has never had a forward plan and will never have under these owners. I can accept McFadzean as he was generally good last season but the other two? I will be disappointed if they get any sort of deal.

The 'project' is to get a team out as cheaply as possible each summer in the limited time period our chaotic planning and organisation allows.

The best way to do this is to rely on the academy and kids unproven at this level, avoiding the need to get permission from India to committ to a fee/wage

turn to the loan market

to turn to over the hill players happy to have another season or two at Championship level before they retire.

That's the project. If we had the time and money to recruit established in demand players we'd do that, but these owners prevent it.

And there we have it. No plans just responding to whatever circumstances these owners inflict upon us.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He would have to his coaching badges to be coach anyway, but communication is vital in any form of coaching or management of a team. 

I'm sure your manager you work is a very good at communicating with you? 

I WOULDNT PUT ANY MONEY ON THAT 

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just to add if we do get our money back for Leo. There has to be money there for a cash replacement. Swag has no excuses

Yeah it'll be a years wages for Ruddy probably, not exactly re-investment in the 'model'.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Fuck me so many people in this forum support gross incompetence and complete underperformance.

Such a loser mentality to just believe and back every single action this club takes.

We nearly got relegated yet people think everything is all good and back the manager, Waggotts doing a good job and praise the Venkys.

Give your head a wobble please.

To be fair, I don't think there are that many on here.

Some people take the we'll support you ever more to mean, exactly that, irrespective of what is happening. Supporting the club right now in my opinion, is doing what you can, to oust the people who are literally destroying the very fabric of the club and all that it stands for.

Sadly, there are far too many shady people there at the minute, starting with the owners and filtering down to at least two of the people running the show from inside Ewood Park.

We owe it to Jack Walker and the club itself, to keep fighting the fight and making things uncomfortable, when we can, not a free reign and built in  excuses for failure and corruption, which seems to be the case with some.

I thought we had heard the last of the badly advised narrative, but maybe not. 

• Like 2