BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

19 minutes ago, lraC said:

To be fair, I don't think there are that many on here.

Some people take the we'll support you ever more to mean, exactly that, irrespective of what is happening. Supporting the club right now in my opinion, is doing what you can, to oust the people who are literally destroying the very fabric of the club and all that it stands for.

Sadly, there are far too many shady people there at the minute, starting with the owners and filtering down to at least two of the people running the show from inside Ewood Park.

We owe it to Jack Walker and the club itself, to keep fighting the fight and making things uncomfortable, when we can, not a free reign and built inย  excuses for failure and corruption, which seems to be the case with some.

I thought we had heard the last of the badly advised narrative, but maybe not.ย 

Still badly advised after fourteen years.

Just get behind the lads FFS! Last season is in the past.

43 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Fuck me so many people in this forum support gross incompetence and complete underperformance.

Such a loser mentality to just believe and back every single action this club takes.

We nearly got relegated yet people think everything is all good and back the manager, Waggotts doing a good job and praise the Venkys.

Give your head a wobble please.

I think a lot of people are torn, but canโ€™t stay away because there is still an emotional attachment.

I think this forum is the most anti - Venkys part,of the fan base, which is why I like it on here.

Havent got time to post the link ย just now, but the Interview with Gestede in yesterday โ€™s LT was a new low.

Blatant brown nosing of all the culprits .

ย 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Havent got time to post the link ย just now, but the Interview with Gestede in yesterday โ€™s LT was a new low.

Blatant brown nosing of all the culprits .

ย 

I can't muster the energy or the interest to even listen to any more of these interviews.

Once upon a time I would take a keen interest in what was being said and perhaps believe that things were going to change for the better. I think after the last 10 years you'd be a fool to take any of it seriously.

How many times are we going to see a new manager/CEO/director of football turn up, use the media to their advantage, fail to do the job either because they aren't good enough or because the owners won't let them, and then leave again within the space of a couple of years either because they can't work here any longer or they get a better offer from a serious club.

Repeat every 2-3 years on an endless cycle whilst the problem and key issues remain in place in India and the boardroom.

• Like 3

Iโ€™ve been given dogs abuse for my words against The Raoโ€™s or anything negative on Facebook towards them.

Some just donโ€™t get it. Even when spelt out to them.

With supporters like that, The Raoโ€™s/Venkys/Waggott and what other shits are in our club, will always have an easy ride.

They seem content on ignoring facts given to them about what is going on.

Or they just want to ignore it and believe everything they are told.

Says it all really, doesnโ€™t it?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Forget about that. He's a bit of a prat

I played against McFadzean when he was at Alfreton Town. I don't understand how he has managed to etch a living as a League 1 / Championship footballer, really. He thought he was better than he was then. I guess it is just a case of luck, which is a real factor between players at the League 1 and National League level

Or he actually was better than non-league.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or he actually was better than non-league.

I don't know. I have seen better players. He's a back to the wall defender and spends a fair bit of time on the floor. These defenders are often celebrated by people in the stands but for me they bring the team down. There's a reason he has 3, maybe 4, relegations to his name

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Still badly advised after fourteen years.

Just get behind the lads FFS! Last season is in the past.

Ridiculing fans who go to Ewood, to support their team, is not the answer. I donโ€™t know what else the fans are supposed to do; staying away from Ewood hasnโ€™t made Venkys decide to sell. It just hurts the club.ย 

Selling the smallest % of seats in the Championship just makes the club look bad. Itโ€™s not an attractive club, when almost every game, Ewood is more than half-empty.

Hey, Itโ€™s the only Blackburn Rovers we will ever have. Other clubs have turd ownership, but their fans show up. Band together, protest outside the stadium and be loud about it, but show up.ย 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Ridiculing fans who go to Ewood, to support their team, is not the answer. I donโ€™t know what else the fans are supposed to do; staying away from Ewood hasnโ€™t made Venkys decide to sell. It just hurts the club.ย 

Selling the smallest % of seats in the Championship just makes the club look bad. Itโ€™s not an attractive club, when almost every game, Ewood is more than half-empty.

Hey, Itโ€™s the only Blackburn Rovers we will ever have. Other clubs have turd ownership, but their fans show up. Band together, protest outside the stadium and be loud about it, but show up.ย 

How does non-attendance hurt the club?

Presumably you are referring to lost income but given the mismanagement and squandering of resources at Ewood I doubt a full stadium would make an ounce of difference to our fortunes. It would just make it easier for Venkys to fund every year.

Other clubs have poor ownership. None that I am aware of have lasted uninterrupted for 14 years and counting. Most come and go within a few years before a rebirth or rebuild gets underway.

That can only happen here under new owners and the longer this regime remains the less there is to salvage.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I can't muster the energy or the interest to even listen to any more of these interviews.

Once upon a time I would take a keen interest in what was being said and perhaps believe that things were going to change for the better. I think after the last 10 years you'd be a fool to take any of it seriously.

How many times are we going to see a new manager/CEO/director of football turn up, use the media to their advantage, fail to do the job either because they aren't good enough or because the owners won't let them, and then leave again within the space of a couple of years either because they can't work here any longer or they get a better offer from a serious club.

Repeat every 2-3 years on an endless cycle whilst the problem and key issues remain in place in India and the boardroom.

โ€ฆ..which is exactly what will happen with Gestede.

He spoke about the Premier League being the aim, but that it will take a few years.

That has a very familiar ring to it. We are back on โ€œthe journeyโ€. ๐Ÿ™„

Question... Considering the sale of Adam Wharton and possible other outgoings this window, what would you consider a reasonable amount to be spent on the transfers this summer?ย 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Question... Considering the sale of Adam Wharton and possible other outgoings this window, what would you consider a reasonable amount to be spent on the transfers this summer?ย 

ยฃ10 million.

You can probably knock a couple of zero's off that though for the true figure that will be spent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neal said:

I would say the Raya clause and whatever we raise. Not much to ask for after Wharton sale

24 minutes ago, Neal said:

Recent Income

Phillips - ยฃ2m
Kaminski - ยฃ2.5m
Ennis - ยฃ0.5m
A. Wharton - ยฃ18m

ยฃ23m from selling assets since last summer right there...

Likely income this summer

Raya (sell-on) - ยฃ4m
Szmodics - ยฃ12m
Wahlstedt - ยฃ1m

ยฃ17m there too... so that'd be ยฃ40m combined.

At a normal Club, you could guarantee at least ยฃ20m of that would be reinvested into the squad, especially with a squad in the state of ours...

But here? No chance... we'll be lucky if they reinvest ยฃ5m.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Neal said:

Depends what the aim is but even if it just to remain a middling Championship side I'd expect to see upwards of ยฃ10 million. There are plenty of areas need investment and quickly, in today's market that isn't big money for a full rebuild. Fortunately given receipts of ยฃ30 million+ there is no excuse for not spending at least that sum.

If we want to get promoted (haha) then I'd expect to see the vast majority of that cash invested.

They've no intention of course. I see Gestede is a quick learner and is already parroting the 'protect the owners' line readying us for little spend.

Then it will be FFP and 'loans and frees aren't free you know' excuse.

13 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Recent Income

Phillips - ยฃ2m
Kaminski - ยฃ2.5m
Ennis - ยฃ0.5m
A. Wharton - ยฃ18m

ยฃ23m from selling assets since last summer right there...

Likely income this summer

Raya (sell-on) - ยฃ4m
Szmodics - ยฃ12m
Wahlstedt - ยฃ1m

ยฃ17m there too... so that'd be ยฃ40m combined.

At a normal Club, you could guarantee at least ยฃ20m of that would be reinvested into the squad, especially with a squad in the state of ours...

But here? No chance... we'll be lucky if they reinvest ยฃ5m.

The money received since last summer has all gone, swallowed up by running costs. I presume the final 2 installments of the Wharton money have yet to be received.

So about ยฃ12m still due from sale of Wharton
ย 

Then thereโ€™s the ยฃ5m from Raya that presumably will arrive this summer.ย 
ย 

Weโ€™ve spent ยฃ100k so far on the lad from Linfield.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™d be surprised if we spent less than ยฃ5m. I think even the most pessimistic person should be surprised if we spend less than that.
ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Forever Blue

44 minutes ago, Neal said:

Nothing spent last year due to owners issues (4M)

Adam's sale (18M)

Raya's sell on fee (4M)

Phillips sale fee (2M)

Kaminski's sale fee (2.5M)

Increase of TV revenue (4M)

Szmodics inevitable sale (12M)

Dolan, Hyam, Gallagher, Sigurdsson all in their final years.ย 

Anything less than 20M and I call bullshit on the entire operation.ย 

ย 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Aye fans fault ..words fkg fail me . We have protested outside... if anyone is boycotting still I doff my cap to them.ย  People having a go at fans for this clucking mess make my piss boil . Tossers.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nothing spent last year due to owners issues (4M)

Adam's sale (18M)

Raya's sell on fee (4M)

Phillips sale fee (2M)

Kaminski's sale fee (2.5M)

Increase of TV revenue (4M)

Szmodics inevitable sale (12M)

Dolan, Hyam, Gallagher, Sigurdsson all in their final years.ย 

Anything less than 20M and I call bullshit on the entire operation.ย 

ย 

Exactly. It's laughable how anyone can defend the mismanagement of the club. But worry not! Yes man Eustace is happy with the squad. If we can just sign up the likes of McFadzean and Fleck for one more season we might be able to celebrate avoiding relegation once more.ย