BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

49 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nothing spent last year due to owners issues (4M)

Adam's sale (18M)

Raya's sell on fee (4M)

Phillips sale fee (2M)

Kaminski's sale fee (2.5M)

Increase of TV revenue (4M)

Szmodics inevitable sale (12M)

Dolan, Hyam, Gallagher, Sigurdsson all in their final years. 

Anything less than 20M and I call bullshit on the entire operation. 

My guess is that you will need to remove the 0 and even then, it is likely to be lower.

It's all the fans fault though, for not buying enough season tickets. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Another young lad not prepared to give anything or show any loyalty to the club that has developed him from a young age. I can understand it but still think it is shameful to walk before signing first professional contract with the developing club.

If I wasn’t a fan there’s no way I’d sign for this basket case. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Another young lad not prepared to give anything or show any loyalty to the club that has developed him from a young age. I can understand it but still think it is shameful to walk before signing first professional contract with the developing club.

i hope he goes,fails to make the grade and ends up playing semi pro and working in an abbatoir,there are hundreds of spotty oiks like him,most of them don`t make it,especially at a club with 40+ pros on the books,i`ll laught my arris off if i ever see him at victory park,chorley,playing for spennymoor or for someone round that area🤣,why should we wish him well,he`s used rovers and now he`s thinks he`s to good for us

• Like 3

Cov sold Gykores and Hamer for about £35m last summer, I think they then spent about half that amount on new players. For a Championship club I think that’s a reasonable policy.

So if we take the £12m owed for Wharton and the £5m for Raya then a transfer spend of £9m is not an unreasonable expectation. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Brest have confirmed Dembele is leaving the club this summer, wonder if he’s on our radar? 

There seem to be a hundred Dembeles in the game. Which one is this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Cov sold Gykores and Hamer for about £35m last summer, I think they then spent about half that amount on new players. For a Championship club I think that’s a reasonable policy.

So if we take the £12m owed for Wharton and the £5m for Raya then a transfer spend of £9m is not an unreasonable expectation. 

I'm sure I saw a post on here recently saying Cov brought in 37 million from sales and spent 35 million. Not sure how accurate that was, or whether it includes potential add ons etc. But I'd be very pleasantly shocked if we spent even half of our recent and pending income on fees. It shouldn't be too much to ask, but under these cunts it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure I saw a post on here recently saying Cov brought in 37 million from sales and spent 35 million. Not sure how accurate that was, or whether it includes potential add ons etc. But I'd be very pleasantly shocked if we spent even half of our recent and pending income on fees. It shouldn't be too much to ask, but under these cunts it is.

You’re right according to transfermarkt….my mistake. I thought they’d only bought the two strikers and a RB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

The money received since last summer has all gone, swallowed up by running costs. I presume the final 2 installments of the Wharton money have yet to be received.

So about £12m still due from sale of Wharton

Then there’s the £5m from Raya that presumably will arrive this summer. 

We’ve spent £100k so far on the lad from Linfield. 

I’d be surprised if we spent less than £5m. I think even the most pessimistic person should be surprised if we spend less than that.

The timing of the Wharton money is irrelevant, unless we as a standalone club pay every penny up front of any deals we do.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The timing of the Wharton money is irrelevant, unless we as a standalone club pay every penny up front of any deals we do.

The timing of the Wharton money wasn’t relevant to the point made. I’m just assuming that the first £6m has disappeared into the ether, so there’s £12m left. 

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The timing of the Wharton money wasn’t relevant to the point made. I’m just assuming that the first £6m has disappeared into the ether, so there’s £12m left. 

whatever happened to the venky promise that all the money gained from player outgoings would be invested back into the transfer kitty🙄another blatant lie,the one of hundreds

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Adam's sale (18M)

Raya's sell on fee (4M)

Phillips sale fee (2M)

Prepare to call bullsh1t!

There's no way we would be signing the likes of McFadzean, Fleck and Ruddy if there was £20million+ jingling in our pockets.

I would be surprised if we break even £1million.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Aye fans fault ..words fkg fail me . We have protested outside... if anyone is boycotting still I doff my cap to them.  People having a go at fans for this clucking mess make my piss boil . Tossers.

Nope, I applaud the fans who show up, & spend hard-earned money on the club. They love Rovers more than they hate Venkys. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There's no way we would be signing the likes of McFadzean, Fleck and Ruddy if there was £20million+ jingling in our pockets.

unless a substancial amount is spent,we`ll be looking at fixtures in league one next season

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I still think we will spend £7m during this transfer window. 

we need a number of player signings so I am not so downbeat as yourself on signing Ruddy or McFadzean myself. Ruddy was the 4th best shot stopper last season in terms of save percentage last season was 71.2%. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

no club ever pays a transfer fee up front in full. It is paid in instalments of 6 months or 12 months. So for example if you paid £5million for a player you could paid it £2m up front with instalments after that of £1m each 6 months after that.  

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He managed him prior to last season when his performances declined to the point that Birmingham fans wanted shut of him. He was the worst keeper not in a Rovers shirt to come to Ewood last season in the league. He is about to turn 38 years old. Who gives a shit how well he knows him. Just would scream of a really lazy, cheap and desperate signing when we are crying out for a proper number 1 who doesnt keep throwing points away and/or is about to collect their pension. We have generated loads of money lately. Its not too big of an ask to expect better than John Ruddy.

John Ruddy's save percentage last season was 71.2% which was 4th best in the championship last season. 

So maybe your comments about him being past are wrong. 

https://x.com/BCFCStatistics/status/1803352887558382002

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Coventry spent way more than half on new players.

We've brought in £20 million for Wharton, plus much more in other sales and will almost certainly have Szmodics to add to that.

£9 million is grossly insufficient given the cash brought in and state of the squad.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we need a number of player signings so I am not so downbeat as yourself on signing Ruddy or McFadzean myself. Ruddy was the 4th best shot stopper last season in terms of save percentage last season was 71.2%. 

no club ever pays a transfer fee up front in full. It is paid in instalments of 6 months or 12 months. So for example if you paid £5million for a player you could paid it £2m up front with instalments after that of £1m each 6 months after that.  

So you think a transfer spend of less than 20% of money brought in is appropriate or acceptable?

Where does the other £30 million go?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know, my point was that the fact that we will receive any Wharton fee in installments is irrelevant because any fees would also be paid in installments.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

John Ruddy's save percentage last season was 71.2% which was 4th best in the championship last season. 

Seems like you are trawling through Birmingham fan comments on twitter which is an interesting thing to do for someone who has no time for supporter opinions.

He is past it, hes being released by relegated Birmingham at the age of nearly 38. He was shocking at Ewood and suspect whenever else I saw Birmingham on tv. You are doing the groundwork to welcome him because you think he will sign. First the stuff about Eustace knowing him well and now this.

Would you actually say that Ruddy would be a signing that you are HAPPY with?

I would like a goalkeeper who isnt so old and who isnt on the decline. Its not too much to ask for.

https://xvalue.ai/stats/en/league/championship/players/stat/xGoals_prevented

If you want stats, he ranks terribly in expected saves which "measures" what a goalkeeper would be expected to keep out against what he actually keeps out. Conceding 3.44 more goals than expected.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

John Ruddy at nearly 38 is not a progressive signing at all. He’s as bad as Pears as it is, and continues to decline, the man is rapidly closing in on retirement.

In the last year we’ve brought in an absolute shit-tonne from player sales, and more is on the way… we could even end up flogging Leo for around what we paid for him.

The squad desperately needs proper investment, not temporary half-assed signings who are below par, like Ruddy.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Adam's sale (18M)

Raya's sell on fee (4M)

Phillips sale fee (2M)

I'll be very surprised of we spend more than £1m this summer (not including U21 signings)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Coventry spent way more than half on new players.

We've brought in £20 million for Wharton, plus much more in other sales and will almost certainly have Szmodics to add to that.

£9 million is grossly insufficient given the cash brought in and state of the squad.

I agree about it being insufficient, I was just posting a best case scenario under the Venksters.