BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, Blow-in said:

You can imagine the agent talking to waggot "With his metal leg it is now unbreakable!!"

Ā 

Ā 

Followed by uncontrollable laughter as the pair agree "that's a good one actually, let's go with that".

"Will they buy it, Steve?".

"Well, I know Chaddy definitely will and those morons on the Facebook page will fall for anything".

"Ah. Nice".

Phone rings...

"Hey, Elliott, I have sent you a transfer update, but please leave out the bit about Fleck being like Zurg from Toy Story with his metal leg. That part was meant for Jagdish only, not for print".

Anybody trying to justify signing Fleck on a longer deal or finding a positive in such a deal needs to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

• Like 2

@chaddyrovers

It is crazy that you cannot suggest that a well known player would be a poor signing unless you can delve into your expert scouting knowledge of world football and of availability/finances to offer up a shortlist of potential alternatives.Ā 

You mentioned Iversen. He was very good at Preston but has spent 2 seasons in which he hasnt played that much, and didnt impress that much at Stoke. And crucially, I imagine any fee (I dont want a loan, we have brought in loads of money so I would suggest any normal club would be able to facilitate spending a couple of million on a keeper of a decent age, mind you we arent normal so I dont expect that) and potential wages at Leicester might prove difficult to hit. Perhaps there is better value either domestically or abroad, ideally not in a poor league like Wahlstedt. I am not a scout so I couldnt possibly comment.

But in terms of type of signing, ie his age, the fact that he has shown capability at this level, the fact he wont be on the decline, spending a bit of money on a number 1 for the short and long term. That would be the type of signing if permanent that would make much more sense as opposed to a nearly 38 year old declining player recently released by a relegated club.Ā 

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Still badly advised after fourteen years.

Just get behind the lads FFS! Last season is in the past.

Just thought I'd see how Rudy's playing career ended, as I didn't know where he went after leaving Boro.

Bit of a surprise to see Rudy played under Steve Kean at Melbourne Victory in the 2020/21 season.

Here is the rat bigging Rudy up. Article is from three years ago:

"Steve Kean has urged his side to make better use of former English Premier League striker Rudy Gestede"

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/aleague-victory-urged-to-make-the-most-of-former-english-premier-league-marksman-rudy-gestede/news-story/24d3ee63ff5a760159e55454a06059c7

Ā 

I agree with you though, the past is the past. Let's be positive!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Just thought I'd see how Rudy's playing career ended, as I didn't know where he went after leaving Boro.

Bit of a surprise to see Rudy played under Steve Kean at Melbourne Victory in the 2020/21 season.

"Steve Kean has urged his side to make better use of former English Premier League striker Rudy Gestede"

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/aleague-victory-urged-to-make-the-most-of-former-english-premier-league-marksman-rudy-gestede/news-story/24d3ee63ff5a760159e55454a06059c7

Ā 

I assume it's easy to be continually positive when you've got the mind of a goldfish.

Someone coined the phrase toxic positivity a while back, I think that is in full force amongst the fanbase of the club.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ā We need around 7/8 signings without salesĀ 

I presume your not including Mcfadzean and Fleck in this considering they were at the club this past season?

A quick switch up from Rudy and Ruddy.Ā 
Ā 

What do we expect from the Finneran deal. Sounds like Newcastle do not want it to go to tribunal. So more of an up front deal with less percentages on future add ons. Will we get close to 7 figures for him?Ā 
Ā 

Still think itā€™s an awful move for him.Ā 

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Ā 

šŸ˜®šŸ˜®šŸ˜®WtfĀ 

Ā 

Surely this "coincidence" isn't going to be ignored on here!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers

It is crazy that you cannot suggest that a well known player would be a poor signing unless you can delve into your expert scouting knowledge of world football and of availability/finances to offer up a shortlist of potential alternatives.Ā 

You mentioned Iversen. He was very good at Preston but has spent 2 seasons in which he hasnt played that much, and didnt impress that much at Stoke. And crucially, I imagine any fee (I dont want a loan, we have brought in loads of money so I would suggest any normal club would be able to facilitate spending a couple of million on a keeper of a decent age, mind you we arent normal so I dont expect that) and potential wages at Leicester might prove difficult to hit. Perhaps there is better value either domestically or abroad, ideally not in a poor league like Wahlstedt. I am not a scout so I couldnt possibly comment.

But in terms of type of signing, ie his age, the fact that he has shown capability at this level, the fact he wont be on the decline, spending a bit of money on a number 1 for the short and long term. That would be the type of signing if permanent that would make much more sense as opposed to a nearly 38 year old declining player recently released by a relegated club.Ā 

I have suggested a number of keepers we could sign. From Daniel Iversen or Ben Wilsom or Zander Clark. All would improve us in that area..

Also they are few good players who played for relegation teams like Sorba Thomas or Kiyo Miyoshi or Jay Stansfield or the striker Boro just signed from German club but was on loan at Huddersfield last season.Ā 

27 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I presume your not including Mcfadzean and Fleck in this considering they were at the club this past season?

Not include McFadzean. Fleck all depends on fitness. Big if.Ā 

Position needs to strengthen are keeper, Centre back, right back, right winger, 2 strikers.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have suggested a number of keepers we could sign. From Daniel Iversen or Ben Wilsom or Zander Clark. All would improve us in that area..

Also they are few good players who played for relegation teams like Sorba Thomas or Kiyo Miyoshi or Jay Stansfield or the striker Boro just signed from German club but was on loan at Huddersfield last season.Ā 

Not include McFadzean. Fleck all depends on fitness. Big if.Ā 

Position needs to strengthen are keeper, Centre back, right back, right winger, 2 strikers.

There is always the odd good player from relegated clubs who could potentially prove to be good signings. Victor Johansson is a good signing for Stoke. But John Ruddy is not one of those potentially good signings and I dont need an alternative list of potential targets to know that.

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

šŸ˜®šŸ˜®šŸ˜®WtfĀ 

Ā 

Surely this "coincidence" isn't going to be ignored on here!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I mean if Steve K**n comes anywhere near this football club again, I'll literally stop supporting Rovers.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I mean if Steve K**n comes anywhere near this football club again, I'll literally stop supporting Rovers.

Some of those he was connected to are still connected to this club i reckon.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is always the odd good player from relegated clubs who could potentially prove to be good signings. Victor Johansson is a good signing for Stoke. But John Ruddy is not one of those potentially good signings and I dont need an alternative list of potential targets to know that.

Crap source states he's in advanced talks with Charlton. Let's hope this is true

2 hours ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

A quick switch up from Rudy and Ruddy.Ā 
Ā 

What do we expect from the Finneran deal. Sounds like Newcastle do not want it to go to tribunal. So more of an up front deal with less percentages on future add ons. Will we get close to 7 figures for him?Ā 
Ā 

Still think itā€™s an awful move for him.Ā 

Ruddy hell, or should that be Rudy hell?

Given his connection with King Rat and his refusal to play for Rovers, the guest appearance by our latest "head of", at the Trust meeting next week, could be interesting.

I am out of the UK but I look forward to logging onto the stream.Ā 

40 minutes ago, lraC said:

Given his connection with King Rat and his refusal to play for Rovers, the guest appearance by our latest "head of", at the Trust meeting next week, could be interesting.

It won't be, the questions will be pre written.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It won't be, the questions will be pre written.

Could a list of questions be prewritten and submitted, then a list of the questions not allowed, could be displayed on here ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Kean no longer concerns me, even he knows his name is mud.Ā 

It's whoever is actually holding the umbrella that kean and this gaggle of seemingly closely tied agents and dodgy managerial types are gathered under that conceens me!Ā 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Kean no longer concerns me, even he knows his name is mud.Ā 

It's whoever is actually holding the umbrella that kean and this gaggle of seemingly closely tied agents and dodgy managerial types are gathered under that conceens me!Ā 

Exactly.

Every now and then the pointers are there that the 'advisors' with the same old ties remain as does the Mr & Mrs D v Barry and friendsĀ  (one of which is a shadow director here) stand offs.

My hunch is if it was soley up to the first two we'd have been sold years ago, if it was soley up to the latter we'd either have gone bust through even more stupidity and agent fleecing or spent on a real promotion effort at some point....then gone bust if it didn't work.

As for the third wheel i presume he's still in the confused category.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Exactly.

Every now and then the pointers are there that the 'advisors' with the same old ties remain as does the Mr & Mrs D v Barry and friendsĀ  (one of which is a shadow director here) stand offs.

My hunch is if it was soley up to the first two we'd have been sold years ago, if it was soley up to the latter we'd either have gone bust through even more stupidity and agent fleecing or spent on a real promotion effort at some point....then gone bust if it didn't work.

As for the third wheel i presume he's still in the confused category.

Mrs Desai holds all the cards. She's the owner of the family company. The other two brothers are below her and can only advise. Be different if they were joint partnership

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is always the odd good player from relegated clubs who could potentially prove to be good signings. Victor Johansson is a good signing for Stoke. But John Ruddy is not one of those potentially good signings and I don't need an alternative list of potential targets to know that.

I didn't mentioned Ruddy in my post so what is the obsess with him?Ā 

Ā