BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 hours ago, martonrover said:

Another key factor as to why these owners will never succeed , even if they wanted to.

Appoint a competent CEO and let them get on with it.

They did the exact opposite right from the start.

They sure did. Had not just a competent CEO but an excellent one, rapidly undermined him so he resigned, appointed bog standard ones they undermined and fired when they stood up to Venkys, and finally settled on an absolutely bungling one that doesn't ever question them and publicly fellates their failings whenever possible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Top player, works hard, shoots on sight and knows where the net is.

2 goals in 45 games the season before suggests he only just found out where it is.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

2 goals in 45 games the season before suggests he only just found out where it is.

Stats don't lie. Had a great season last year, Not afraid to shoot on sight. Good at bringing others in to play 

6 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

A swallow does not a summer make.

He played as a LWB 2 seasons ago scoring 2 in 45 like Bluebruce said. Found himself up top last season and been prolific. I don't see this as a bad move if true. Can cover various positions. And will be cheap

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Top player, works hard, shoots on sight and knows where the net is. Scores special goals and didn't look out of place during last 2 fa cup runs against the big guns. Could be very useful and could be very cheap. County cutting costs and have already lost both captains offering less terms. First team and academy Training being moved out of the city. Just lost manager, They are facing worse problems than us

Newport County aren't even on our radar. 

Worse problems than us indeed. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Stats don't lie. Had a great season last year, Not afraid to shoot on sight. Good at bringing others in to play 

You're right, stats don't lie (well they do a bit and there's a whole saying about it, but that's another story). One very good season in League Two, one awful season in League Two. At 26 that's the peak of his career so far. Not enough to suggest he's a steady bet for this level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

He played as a LWB 2 seasons ago scoring 2 in 45 like Bluebruce said. Found himself up top last season and been prolific. I don't see this as a bad move if true. Can cover various positions. And will be cheap

I don't think signing a 25 year old who's played the majority of his football at League 2 or lower is what we need, regardless of price. I understand that players can make the step up but we need players who can hit the ground running and don't need time to bed in.

• Like 3

The most successful fowards we've had here in the Championship we've paid good money for and to there's no point to dress it up any other way.

They all had a bit of pedigree and all the cheapo's have largely been rubbish so what do we expect to change all of a sudden ?

We need to buy at least one decent striker proven at least at lge 1 level.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I don't think signing a 25 year old who's played the majority of his football at League 2 or lower is what we need, regardless of price. I understand that players can make the step up but we need players who can hit the ground running and don't need time to bed in.

Lad will not need time to bed in. Run riot against Luton whilst they were in red hot form and played a blinder against man utd last season. Not saying he's a starter by all means but if I had a choice between Himself, or Semir, He would be the better option. Eustace does not rate him as last few games proved it. More than likely move on so this could be a better replacement 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Lad will not need time to bed in. Run riot against Luton whilst they were in red hot form and played a blinder against man utd last season. Not saying he's a starter by all means but if I had a choice between Himself, or Semir, He would be the better option. Eustace does not rate him as last few games proved it. More than likely move on so this could be a better replacement 

I haven't seem him play so I cannot say whether he would be a good signing but the likes of Paul Mullin (who looked terrible when we played Wrexham) and former goalshy Millway striker Matt Smith scored loads of goals in League two last season. I don't doubt that he might be better than Telalovic, but it's a big step up from League two. Also how could he "run riot" against Luton when he was an unused substitute?

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why would he sign a new contract? We didn't play him at all last year when we were desperately short of options up front after January.

His agent is a fool if he's not bandying his client around.

He might not sign it but if we don’t even offer him one we won’t get any compensation  when his current deal expires.

Hopefully SW knows that…

2 minutes ago, Inferi said:

I haven't seem him play so I cannot say whether he would be a good signing but the likes of Paul Mullin (who looked terrible when we played Wrexham) and former goalshy Millway striker Matt Smith scored loads of goals in League two last season. I don't doubt that he might be better than Telalovic, but it's a big step up from League two. Also how could he "run riot" against Luton when he was an unused substitute?

Watched him a few times live last season and you can see he's above that level but that's my opinion. No different to Sammi, scored goals for a underperforming side and created a lot of chances himself. Like your dig at my Luton mistake kudos 👌

2 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

Just for those who doubt my info 👌

You also said that we are interested in and have looked at Callum O'Hare and Wilfried Ndidi. So even if you want to boast about this, fine, it was correct so fair play  but it doesnt mean that everything you share is credible and indeed that post was still as laughable now as it was then.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You also said that we are interested in and have looked at Callum O'Hare and Wilfried Ndidi. So even if you want to boast about this, fine, it was correct so fair play  but it doesnt mean that everything you share is credible and indeed that post was still as laughable now as it was then.

Dunno, we can look at and be interested in Mbappe, Messi and Neymar if we want. We routinely look at all sorts of players we're not going to sign and know we can't afford.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dolan looks motivated. Doesn't look like everyone is back yet. Didn't see Szmodics there. Seems like maybe half or less of the squad.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Dolan looks motivated. Doesn't look like everyone is back yet. Didn't see Szmodics there. Seems like maybe half or less of the squad.

Szmodics or Sigurdsson won't be back for another week at least cos they were on international duty

Pears, Wahlstedt, Brittain, Carter, Hyam, Pickering, Buckley, Travis, Tronstad, JRC, Hedges, Dolan, Leonard, Gallagher, Markanday then probably few youth players. 

• Like 2