BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Top player, works hard, shoots on sight and knows where the net is. Scores special goals and didn't look out of place during last 2 fa cup runs against the big guns. Could be very useful and could be very cheap. County cutting costs and have already lost both captains offering less terms. First team and academy Training being moved out of the city. Just lost manager, They are facing worse problems than us

Sounds like we are following their model.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You also said that we are interested in and have looked at Callum O'Hare and Wilfried Ndidi. So even if you want to boast about this, fine, it was correct so fair play  but it doesnt mean that everything you share is credible and indeed that post was still as laughable now as it was then.

Laughable? Climb down from your lofty steed, sir.

He’s provided insider information on the sponsor and has been proven correct it would seem. Whether he’s correct on Ndidi and O’Hare is as yet unknown.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2

Yep, good bunch, I’ve used them myself.

But just look at it from that firm’s perspective, they obviously aren’t going to have a marketing budget of any real clout when it comes to one of the biggest leagues in European football, why would they, they are local solicitors. 

The club talks a load of waffle about revenue generation, metrics, and loads of other corporate jargon in the FF minutes and the like but the proof is in the pudding when it comes to actual sponsors and bums on seats.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Nothing against Watson Ramsbottom, I’m sure that they are a fine firm of local solicitors but from a commercial and brand perspective, this really would be scraping the barrel and shows just how far this club has fallen. We are the famous Blackburn Rovers, founder members and previous Champions of the FL and EPL and yet the incompetent commercial team come up with a major shirt sponsor and financial deal more appropriate to Bamber Bridge / Clitheroe FC level. I’m obviously more concerned about what happens on the pitch but to me this is just further evidence that Swag is totally incompetent.

I have to admit, I was surprised at the cost too. I know we are no longer premier league and won’t attract multi million pound deals, but this was nowhere near £1m even. 

14 minutes ago, lraC said:

I have to admit, I was surprised at the cost too. I know we are no longer premier league and won’t attract multi million pound deals, but this was nowhere near £1m even. 

It will be peanuts, my guess is probably less than £150k whilst most other clubs at this level would be ashamed of a main commercial deal of less than £2m per annum. It really is shameful evidence of the decline of our once great club and the incompetence of Swag and his commercial team.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

It will be peanuts, my guess is probably less than £150k whilst most other clubs at this level would be ashamed of a main commercial deal of less than £2m per annum. It really is shameful evidence of the decline of our once great club and the incompetence of Swag and his commercial team.

Where have you got these figures from, genuinely? The last time I remember the club saying a deal was in the millions was dafabet and that was more along the lines of a 7 figure sum across multiple years. 

We've been out of the Prem for over a decade. How many comparable clubs i.e. those not in the prem in the last few seasons have nationally or internationally known sponsors?

Don't get me wrong, the club might be able to do better with sponsors, but probably not by huge amounts. Even when we were in the prem or had recently dropped out, we had some naff deals and that was pre-waggott. Probiz anyone?!

I don’t particularly think we’ve ever been that well run when it comes to attracting sponsors and the like.

Even in the days of Williams, as canny as he was with attracting managers and players (obviously the most important thing) and an environment that was all about enabling the best possible outcome on the pitch, I always felt the club commercially had a bit of a small time mentality and it was all a bit cosy and complacent down there on that side (Beamo at al) - this regime has obviously taken that to far deeper depths.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, alex l said:

Where have you got these figures from, genuinely? The last time I remember the club saying a deal was in the millions was dafabet and that was more along the lines of a 7 figure sum across multiple years. 

We've been out of the Prem for over a decade. How many comparable clubs i.e. those not in the prem in the last few seasons have nationally or internationally known sponsors?

Don't get me wrong, the club might be able to do better with sponsors, but probably not by huge amounts. Even when we were in the prem or had recently dropped out, we had some naff deals and that was pre-waggott. Probiz anyone?!

Next season will be different with the new Sky deal as every club is guaranteed to be on live at least twenty times. The exposure for any major sponsor will be greater that it ever has for EFL clubs. In light of that alone we should have been pursuing at the very least a national organisation and charged accordingly rather than a firm of local solicitors. If it is true then it smacks to me of laziness and the lack of real ambition for the club.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, alex l said:

I qualified my thoughts as being a guess. However, I have headed up > £100m EBITDA businesses and sponsored major sporting events and clubs at different financial levels and don’t think my guessing will be too far out from the reality.

Lots of clubs on the continent after Grimaldo, could we attract a Peru international? Looks a tricky bugger and would add a bit of excitement, exactly the sort of thing I imagine Eustace would hate.

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Laughable? Climb down from your lofty steed, sir.

He’s provided insider information on the sponsor and has been proven correct it would seem. Whether he’s correct on Ndidi and O’Hare is as yet unknown.

I acknowledge the correct information on the shirt. That Ndidi/O'Hare link is laughable. Its not unknown.

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I qualified my thoughts as being a guess. However, I have headed up > £100m EBITDA businesses and sponsored major sporting events and clubs at different financial levels and don’t think my guessing will be too far out from the reality.

It is more than that to be honest, but still in my view pretty low.

It is 100% correct that it is Watson Ramsbottom and I do know the exact figure, but would rather keep that to myself for now.

36 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Lots of clubs on the continent after Grimaldo, could we attract a Peru international? Looks a tricky bugger and would add a bit of excitement, exactly the sort of thing I imagine Eustace would hate.

Eustace loves out and out wingers. I’ve nailed my colours to the mast on this one - I think we will sign at least 2 proper wingers this summer. It is what JE wants 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Eustace loves out and out wingers. I’ve nailed my colours to the mast on this one - I think we will sign at least 2 proper wingers this summer. It is what JE wants 

Let's hope so, would be nice to at least be entertained a bit

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Agreed. Think he signed Khadra and Miyoshi in his short time at Brum. 

I’m hopeful we can do ok next season. JE has showed he can get his team to defend well and he looks like he favours counter attacking. With a couple of quick wingers we’ll be a lot more effective going forward than we were last season.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You also said that we are interested in and have looked at Callum O'Hare and Wilfried Ndidi. So even if you want to boast about this, fine, it was correct so fair play  but it doesnt mean that everything you share is credible and indeed that post was still as laughable now as it was then.

Don’t worry I’m sure we will have you to reply to his every post reminding us all that it isn’t credible 👍😂

• Like 1