BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Agreed. Think he signed Khadra and Miyoshi in his short time at Brum. 

I’m hopeful we can do ok next season. JE has showed he can get his team to defend well and he looks like he favours counter attacking. With a couple of quick wingers we’ll be a lot more effective going forward than we were last season.

Didn’t he also bring in Bacuna and Dembele? All players suited for the counter 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

And Chong who’s now at Luton,  and Oli Burke. 

Like you say, he seems to love a quick tricky winger. It will make a change having pace on the wings, can’t remember the last time we had an edge-of-your-seat type dribbler in the team. Here’s hoping. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Why is it fake?

A fairly quick twitter search and you’ll find an article talking about how the twitter account is a fake one of the actual journalist. And he himself has told people it’s fake. So it’s fake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

A fairly quick twitter search and you’ll find an article talking about how the twitter account is a fake one of the actual journalist. And he himself has told people it’s fake. So it’s fake.

Can you link the article? 

looking at the twitter feed it’s just a guy who posts a lot of art stuff and seems to be a uni student in the US who is from Peru. He’s not claiming to be an ITK from what I can see? 

Edited by Forever Blue

17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Whilst I don’t think too highly of Eustace as a coach (for now at least), I do feel like he has an eye for a player, and will make the right signings if appropriately backed.

Doubt he could do it on the cheap, however.

Ah gutted I actually lived in Peru for a year and started going to Sporting Cristal games and remained a fan from afar. Love Grimaldo, and there is actually talent in Peruvian League and Uruguay. We forget a lot of them play Argentinian and Brazilian clubs that go for 10/20+M.

Sporting have a few players I think could do a banging job in the championship. Between Tavara, Chavez, Lora who are all young dynamic players, and Love the technical ability of Yotun. But hey ho I am sure I will be told they are not good enough for Rovers but I do love the Peruvian league 🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Nothing against Watson Ramsbottom, I’m sure that they are a fine firm of local solicitors but from a commercial and brand perspective, this really would be scraping the barrel and shows just how far this club has fallen. We are the famous Blackburn Rovers, founder members and previous Champions of the FL and EPL and yet the incompetent commercial team come up with a major shirt sponsor and financial deal more appropriate to Bamber Bridge / Clitheroe FC level. I’m obviously more concerned about what happens on the pitch but to me this is just further evidence that Swag is totally incompetent.

Its pretty mad a firm of this size can be the lead sponsor of a club in the Championship. Are other clubs at this level sponsored by local firms of a 50-100 headcount??

Screenshot_2024-06-22-11-28-52-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

18 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Can you link the article? 

looking at the twitter feed it’s just a guy who posts a lot of art stuff and seems to be a uni student in the US who is from Peru. He’s not claiming to be an ITK from what I can see? 

He’s got it from an account claiming to be a journalist.

https://elpopular.pe/deportes/2024/06/21/joao-grimaldo-fue-vendido-por-sporting-cristal-al-futbol-ingles-en-millonario-monto-en-plena-copa-america-2024-seleccion-peruana-854679

there you go. Didn’t think I’d need evidence

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Another guy from DS SPORT reported it first seems like he just reposted what that journalist reported 

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Its pretty mad a firm of this size can be the lead sponsor of a club in the Championship. Are other clubs at this level sponsored by local firms of a 50-100 headcount??

Exactly my point, the financial outlay that WR can offer will be so limited that it will hardly cover Swag’s salary nevermind significantly boosting revenues to mitigate any FFP limitations. Maybe, that is Swag’s game 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Nothing against Watson Ramsbottom, I’m sure that they are a fine firm of local solicitors but from a commercial and brand perspective, this really would be scraping the barrel and shows just how far this club has fallen. We are the famous Blackburn Rovers, founder members and previous Champions of the FL and EPL and yet the incompetent commercial team come up with a major shirt sponsor and financial deal more appropriate to Bamber Bridge / Clitheroe FC level. I’m obviously more concerned about what happens on the pitch but to me this is just further evidence that Swag is totally incompetent.

Equally certain that Watson Ramsbottom are a good and competent firm of solicitors, but it does just go to show the total lack of imagination down at Ewood and I’ve been banging that drum for ages.

I believe (having looked into sponsoring a non-league team ourselves this year) it’s common courtesy to offer a higher level of sponsorship to existing sponsors before seeking new sponsors, so that’s worth considering.

Even still, League Two Barrow AFC have unveiled The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador (region in Canada) as new front-of-shirt sponsors. I saw a figure of £171k (oddly specific) written somewhere.

I look at that, as well as recent filings at Companies House for WR and wonder how far above that are WR paying? £300k? Looking at a best-case, total marketing spend for a business like theirs would be around 10% of revenue (absolute maximum, really) of which, their biggest individual spend shouldn’t be more than 25%. Their total revenue in most recent filing is £12m, leading to £300k.

Barrow were in the fifth tier 7 years ago and while they are clearly ambitious and upwardly mobile, what the fuck are commercial playing at not seeking the largest possible sum for the most prominent sponsorship opportunity?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

There was a time when our shirt sponsors were Insutance giants who relinquished their privilege to a multi national Micro Chip producer. Now a Vape company makes way for the local place where you go when you get nicked for drink driving or want your divorce sorting. But, you know, let's be grateful to the Roa family for their careful stewardship of our club.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

No soy yo means that’s not me

I didn’t actually read the no soy 😂 I totally missed that! Here is me getting excited about a Peruvian player that I want it to happen 😂

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Agreed. Think he signed Khadra and Miyoshi in his short time at Brum. 

I’m hopeful we can do ok next season. JE has showed he can get his team to defend well and he looks like he favours counter attacking. With a couple of quick wingers we’ll be a lot more effective going forward than we were last season.

Miyoshi would be good signing here. 

6 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I didn’t actually read the no soy 😂 I totally missed that! Here is me getting excited about a Peruvian player that I want it to happen 😂

It was in the article I posted, could have just read that before responding to that very post 

15 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Bit salty, I was just asking how you knew it was a fake. Thanks for the article though, so the twitter guy wasn’t fake, he just got it from someone who might be. You didn’t say that in your original ‘fake’ post. Thanks for being clearer. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Where are those figures from as their last set of accounts has their total staff number as 228?

In this article:

https://watsonramsbottom.com/watson-ramsbottom-solicitors-celebrate-record-breaking-growth-with-appointments-of-new-directors-senior-associates-and-associate-solicitors/#:~:text='In that same 3 year,'

Watson Ramsbottom say they had a turnover of £8m over a 3 year period (the figure published at the end of 2021), so a few years old now.

No idea what sort of profit margins companies achieve but if it's say 20% they'd only be getting circa £1.5m in profits over 3 years. 

Our deal isn't going to be a lot (even if my maths are sketchy at best)