BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Miyoshi would be good signing here. 

Agreed but I fear we’d be more likely to sign Mr Miyagi. And he’s been dead for years.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

In this article:

https://watsonramsbottom.com/watson-ramsbottom-solicitors-celebrate-record-breaking-growth-with-appointments-of-new-directors-senior-associates-and-associate-solicitors/#:~:text='In that same 3 year,'

Watson Ramsbottom say they had a turnover of £8m over a 3 year period (the figure published at the end of 2021), so a few years old now.

No idea what sort of profit margins companies achieve but if it's say 20% they'd only be getting circa £1.5m in profits over 3 years. 

Our deal isn't going to be a lot (even if my maths are sketchy at best)

From their accounts…

To June 2022 - profit (after tax) £1.3 million

To June 2023 - profit (after tax) £1.6 million.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

Equally certain that Watson Ramsbottom are a good and competent firm of solicitors, but it does just go to show the total lack of imagination down at Ewood and I’ve been banging that drum for ages.

I believe (having looked into sponsoring a non-league team ourselves this year) it’s common courtesy to offer a higher level of sponsorship to existing sponsors before seeking new sponsors, so that’s worth considering.

Even still, League Two Barrow AFC have unveiled The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador (region in Canada) as new front-of-shirt sponsors. I saw a figure of £171k (oddly specific) written somewhere.

I look at that, as well as recent filings at Companies House for WR and wonder how far above that are WR paying? £300k? Looking at a best-case, total marketing spend for a business like theirs would be around 10% of revenue (absolute maximum, really) of which, their biggest individual spend shouldn’t be more than 25%. Their total revenue in most recent filing is £12m, leading to £300k.

Barrow were in the fifth tier 7 years ago and while they are clearly ambitious and upwardly mobile, what the fuck are commercial playing at not seeking the largest possible sum for the most prominent sponsorship opportunity?

It’s a touch above that.

8 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Nothing against Watson Ramsbottom, I’m sure that they are a fine firm of local solicitors but from a commercial and brand perspective, this really would be scraping the barrel and shows just how far this club has fallen. We are the famous Blackburn Rovers, founder members and previous Champions of the FL and EPL and yet the incompetent commercial team come up with a major shirt sponsor and financial deal more appropriate to Bamber Bridge / Clitheroe FC level. I’m obviously more concerned about what happens on the pitch but to me this is just further evidence that Swag is totally incompetent.

And utterly lazy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Where are those figures from as their last set of accounts has their total staff number as 228?

I worked for a professional firm of similar headcount and they sponsored Southend United in the National League. Waggott is obviously planning ahead 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don’t worry I’m sure we will have you to reply to his every post reminding us all that it isn’t credible 👍😂

If someone comes on to boast about getting something right, as a way of saying I know my stuff, surely if they post something thats clear bullshit, its fair game to bring that up.

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Where are those figures from as their last set of accounts has their total staff number as 228?

From the law society website.. maybe i misunderstood them. Sure their accounts will be more accurate. Still 228 is very small!

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/office/535493/watson-ramsbottom-limited

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alcd said:

I worked for a professional firm of similar headcount and they sponsored Southend United in the National League. Waggott is obviously planning ahead 

In ICI Perspex, we used to have a world renowned Blue Chip sponsor in the 1980’s under Bill Fox and then subsequently, McEwans Lager a leading brand of the 90’s and another brand of great local and international standing in Crown Paints. Shows just how much Swag the commercial incompetent has failed this once great club and brand.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

In ICI Perspex, we used to have a world renowned Blue Chip sponsor in the 1980’s under Bill Fox and then subsequently, McEwans Lager a leading brand of the 90’s and another brand of great local and international standing in Crown Paints. Shows just how much Swag the commercial incompetent has failed this once great club and brand.

he`s a cancer on the club,been the same at every club he`s been involved with,i don`t know anyone who has a good word to say about him

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

From the law society website.. maybe i misunderstood them. Sure their accounts will be more accurate. Still 228 is very small!

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/office/535493/watson-ramsbottom-limited

I think, and I’m sure someone will tell me I’m wrong, the Law Society numbers only include regulated individuals (ie not admin etc).

Like you say, still very small, I was curious as to where the conflicting number came from.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s a cancer on the club,been the same at every club he`s been involved with,i don`t know anyone who has a good word to say about him

As you all probably know I live in Coventry, and when I told a friend Waggott was in charge, he gave me a look to say "oh god, that nobhead". He is despised by City fans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

It’s a touch above that.

Well, I guess that’s Waggott’s wage covered.

I suspect there was more cash out there for anyone with a bit of ambition.

Thinking about it today, I considered that the Totally Wicked deal ending caught them out a bit as they began finalising the kit planning, leaving them little scope to go further afield.

I’m at least happy it’s not some horrific betting or crypto firm, but just thinking about the firms in Lancashire alone that could have been pitched for it.

Aiming as low as we do only hurts the chances of securing a good sponsor in the future.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

As you all probably know I live in Coventry, and when I told a friend Waggott was in charge, he gave me a look to say "oh god, that nobhead". He is despised by City fans.

we`de get the same reply from a gillingham or charlton fan as well,on a positve note he`s getting on so retirement will be beckoning hopefully

• Like 1

No desire to defend Waggot as I want him gone as much as anyone else on here, but has anyone considered that tinpot local firms is where we are at. I mean which firms of any decent repute would want to be associated with Venky Rovers. Imagine the shame on deadline day and the litany of excuses that follow.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Well, I guess that’s Waggott’s wage covered.

I suspect there was more cash out there for anyone with a bit of ambition.

Thinking about it today, I considered that the Totally Wicked deal ending caught them out a bit as they began finalising the kit planning, leaving them little scope to go further afield.

I’m at least happy it’s not some horrific betting or crypto firm, but just thinking about the firms in Lancashire alone that could have been pitched for it.

Aiming as low as we do only hurts the chances of securing a good sponsor in the future.

I imagine it was Totally Wicked who pulled the plug rather than Swag being proactive. If it was the latter, he has failed miserably and as you say, what a damning endorsement of the lack of aspiration this bloke is driving into our club. ‘We are doing all we can’ with no pressure on the manager to achieve anything other than survival and the local jobbing solicitors as the club’s major sponsor. No wonder JDT totally despised Swag, called him out whenever the opportunity arose and bailed out of our club despite loving the Ribble Valley life and the supporters and soul of the once proud Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lucimo said:

No desire to defend Waggot as I want him gone as much as anyone else on here, but has anyone considered that tinpot local firms is where we are at. I mean which firms of any decent repute would want to be associated with Venky Rovers. Imagine the shame on deadline day and the litany of excuses that follow.

A reasonable point that just emphasises where this club has fallen to and of course, who is to blame for the shame of our deadline day fiascos, Swag plus Pune.

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon saying Ruddy wants to move closer to home (no idea where that is) but that we have an alternative lined up who is ‘similar to Ruddy’. 

I’m guessing he means age/experience

Current out of contract championship level GK’s in that category: 

Bartosz Bialkowski

Jon McCracken

Jordan Archer

Edited by Polky