BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon saying Ruddy wants to move closer to home (no idea where that is) but that we have an alternative lined up who is ‘similar to Ruddy’. 

I’m guessing he means age/experience

Said his son's in Norwich academy so would like to be closer to there

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon saying Ruddy wants to move closer to home (no idea where that is) but that we have an alternative lined up who is ‘similar to Ruddy’. 

His family live in Norwich

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-ruddy-birmingham-city-contract-29321955

If he wants to play first team football then maybe Millwall (their keeper just passed away), QPR (if Begovic does not sign a new contract), Oxford, or Peterborough if he doesn't mind dropping down a division.  Otherwise Norwich or Ipswich as a 2nd/3rd choice option

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think could be Bartosz Bialkowski or Joe Wildsmith 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KentExile said:

His family live in Norwich

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-ruddy-birmingham-city-contract-29321955

If he wants to play first team football then maybe Millwall (their keeper just passed away), QPR (if Begovic does not sign a new contract), Oxford, or Peterborough if he doesn't mind dropping down a division.  Otherwise Norwich or Ipswich as a 2nd/3rd choice option

Cambridge?

4 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I imagine it was Totally Wicked who pulled the plug rather than Swag being proactive. If it was the latter, he has failed miserably and as you say, what a damning endorsement of the lack of aspiration this bloke is driving into our club. ‘We are doing all we can’ with no pressure on the manager to achieve anything other than survival and the local jobbing solicitors as the club’s major sponsor. No wonder JDT totally despised Swag, called him out whenever the opportunity arose and bailed out of our club despite loving the Ribble Valley life and the supporters and soul of the once proud Blackburn Rovers.

It was down to the club, they wanted a sponsor that could be used on all kits including Kids, we could of sold shirt sponsor to betting companies as they where quint up I believe, 32 red and also Bet MGM but the club didn’t want to go down that route. We all know the commercial department is weak, they have been trying to fill the vacancy so Steve waggott has taken control. PS new home kit i don’t think will be a hit, the collar is a bit naff, also the 3rd kit is unreal, a lot of fans will love it. 

Keeper wise

we have looked at Etheridge, and Alex McCarthy 

Id take either. 

Ayari also coming back is 60/40

33 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

It was down to the club, they wanted a sponsor that could be used on all kits including Kids, we could of sold shirt sponsor to betting companies as they where quint up I believe, 32 red and also Bet MGM but the club didn’t want to go down that route. We all know the commercial department is weak, they have been trying to fill the vacancy so Steve waggott has taken control. PS new home kit i don’t think will be a hit, the collar is a bit naff, also the 3rd kit is unreal, a lot of fans will love it. 

We are desperate for cash, slashing playing budgets by 20% last year, forcing Adam W out the door to pay the bills and once again appear to have no budget for signings. Against this background, Swag takes the moral high ground and decides to forego the betting company coin and signs up the local solicitors for a small fee and a bag of revels ! Unbelievable

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

Keeper wise

Id take either. 

Great, I liked Ayari…there’s a player in there, definitely.

How’s about forward / striker wise? Who we speaking to?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

Keeper wise

Id take either. 

I’d be surprised if Etheridge signed for Rovers. He was the keeper that was racially abused by someone in the Blackburn End in the FA Cup match against Birmingham.

9 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

Keeper wise

Id take either. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Just say to everyone on that RVRVRS hasn't said we deffo sign either but both players have been look into to possibly signing here. 

Southampton haven't open contract talks with McCarthy and he is out of contract in 7 days. 

Etheridge is also out of contract and will be free agent in 7 days. 

I would welcome Ayari back here. 

14 hours ago, Lucimo said:

No desire to defend Waggot as I want him gone as much as anyone else on here, but has anyone considered that tinpot local firms is where we are at. I mean which firms of any decent repute would want to be associated with Venky Rovers. Imagine the shame on deadline day and the litany of excuses that follow.

At the very least we will be live on Sky 20 times next season. That alone should have been the main selling point to attract at worst a nationally known sponsor. It's very North West Counties league to have a firm of local solid as our main sponsor.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

At the very least we will be live on Sky 20 times next season. That alone should have been the main selling point to attract at worst a nationally known sponsor. It's very North West Counties league to have a firm of local solid as our main sponsor.

I agree, but at least we no longer have the embarrassment of being seen to promote a nicotine based product.

Waggott probably thinks it's a jolly jape to have "Ramsbottom" written on the front of the shirts.

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I agree, but at least we no longer have the embarrassment of being seen to promote a nicotine based product.

Waggott probably thinks it's a jolly jape to have "Ramsbottom" written on the front of the shirts.

Absolutely right and to desecrate our shirt with that was a disgrace but from a monetary point of view I can't see the new sponsors paying much more. Think Big was the mantra of Jack Walker and once again it seems we have taken the easy route.

• Like 2

Seung-ho Paik would be very good signing and I don't think he would cost a big fee. He only signed at Birmingham on a free in January. I think around £2m and we would get our target. Also shows that maybe we have money to spend this summer

Rak-Sakyi would also been good loan signing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seung-ho Paik would be very good signing and I don't think he would cost a big fee. He only signed at Birmingham on a free in January. I think around £2m and we would get our target. Also shows that maybe we have money to spend this summer

Blues fan thinks 4-5 million, good player, hopefully he has a relegation clause in his contract. As with Rak-Sakyi be tough to compete with any London based team. Hopefully he fancies playing away from London for a season

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, we’ve no money and 2million is a massive amount…Paik will be wanted by many and as good as he is I don’t think us spending that much on a 27 year old is wise…IF we had any budget we need to be buying players with sell on value.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Chaddy, we’ve no money and 2million is a massive amount…Paik will be wanted by many and as good as he is I don’t think us spending that much on a 27 year old is wise…IF we had any budget we need to be buying players with sell on value.

How do you know we’ve no money?