BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Chaddy, we’ve no money and 2million is a massive amount…Paik will be wanted by many and as good as he is I don’t think us spending that much on a 27 year old is wise…IF we had any budget we need to be buying players with sell on value.

Who says we have no money? none of us know but if we are moving for him that would suggest we have money to spend. 

We can't keep make signings just based on sell on value but quality players who will improve our squad. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

How do you know we’ve no money?

Because it’s probably the case and again, my point stands, even if we have ANY budget, 2million would be just about it and flogging it on one player with no sell on value is barbaric…Paik will not be coming here.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Because it’s probably the case and again, my point stands, even if we have ANY budget 2million would be just about it and flogging it on one player who no sell on value is barbaric…Paik will not be coming here.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions based on zero evidence. 

A lot can happen in the next 2 months. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Because it’s probably the case and again, my point stands, even if we have ANY budget, 2million would be just about it and flogging it on one player who no sell on value is barbaric…Paik will not be coming here.

says who? its just more speculating on your part. 

Given we have just appointed John Park as scout who was at Birmingham last season, I guess he might just know what clauses he has in his contract and wages  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Reading Brum’s fans forum and Nixon has said they have £20m budget to get out of League 1. 

File that with the 50 million war chest he peddled here.

Besides if any manager needs 20 million to get out of league 1 i'd be seriously questioning why he was employed in the first place.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Besides if any manager needs 20 million to get out of league 1 i'd be seriously questioning why he was employed in the first place.

The forum is Small Heath Alliance. 

the first comment after the £20m is revealed is ‘Nixon is clueless’ or words to that effect. 

someone also comments that Paik may move on but not somewhere ‘shit like   Blackburn’.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

In ICI Perspex, we used to have a world renowned Blue Chip sponsor in the 1980’s under Bill Fox and then subsequently, McEwans Lager a leading brand of the 90’s and another brand of great local and international standing in Crown Paints. Shows just how much Swag the commercial incompetent has failed this once great club and brand.

What makes it worse is next season should be an easy sell too, given how much teams will feature on TV.

It just smacks of lack of ambition and to be quite honest pure laziness. I'd love to hear a list of potential sponsors we approached. Probably just googled businesses near blackburn and rang 2 or 3 up, a chippy, a taxi firm and ultimately a solicitors. 

• Like 6

Many of these players we are rumored to be looking at can be found just by going through a list of the oldest possible Championship players with an expiring contract. Hopefully this is not how we're looking to recruit this summer. We need to add key players.

• Like 1

We will see Rovers linked with many but none of note will come to fruition - think it's all part of a cynical plan to help keep the more gullible excited!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

The forum is Small Heath Alliance. 

the first comment after the £20m is revealed is ‘Nixon is clueless’ or words to that effect. 

someone also comments that Paik may move on but not somewhere ‘shit like   Blackburn’.  

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24205704.ipswich-town-accounts-2022-2023-financial-year-revealed/#:~:text=Ipswich Town's accounts for the,m to £18.2m.

Apparently Ipswich spent £19.8M on wages alone in their promotion season from league one, so a £20M total budget does not sound too unlikely to me.  People hear the word "budget" and automatically assume "transfer budget", forgetting about wages, bonuses, running costs etc.

Disclaimer - I do not read or subscribe to Nixon, if he said transfer budget, then I am sure it is rubbish

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Putting aside needing certain positions, we need without a doubt physicality or athleticism.  We've a lot of good footballers technically.  With 5 substitutions allowed, teams with physicality (stronger players or players with more stamina) will wear us down.  

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

How do you know we’ve no money?

Yea we do, it’s called keeping budgets close to your chest so other clubs don’t rip you off, if we say we have x amount other clubs will inflate prices as they know the budgets there. THERE IS MONEY 

19 minutes ago, KentExile said:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24205704.ipswich-town-accounts-2022-2023-financial-year-revealed/#:~:text=Ipswich Town's accounts for the,m to £18.2m.

Apparently Ipswich spent £19.8M on wages alone in their promotion season from league one, so a £20M total budget does not sound too unlikely to me.  People hear the word "budget" and automatically assume "transfer budget", forgetting about wages, bonuses, running costs etc.

Disclaimer - I do not read or subscribe to Nixon, if he said transfer budget, then I am sure it is rubbish

I'm always rather dubious of overall wage bills and investors/investment firms etc you really never know what is being run the books and why these individuals and entities become so financially involved in things they've no connection to in the first place.

I think Rovers actual football wage budget in lge 1 wasn't massive although no doubt bigger than most in there at the time. The transfer spend was modest too but knowing what we know now it's probably safe to assume those running this outfit weren't actually that desperate to bounce back, it was always going to be done on a small budget whether successful or not.

Ipswich had been down there a good few years though so i can maybe understand the ethos of we are just going to have to spend our way up.  Especially when you look at Bolton who are another trying to do it on peanuts but a lot of damage was already done there.

When all is said and done they are probably just going to run with a championship budget retained from last season and Nixon is applying his usual dose of hyperbole to a non story.

32 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Yeah, it just said ‘budget’ on the forum so it could mean anything, but the apparent headline from Nixon on his website was  that Brum would ‘blow their rivals away’ with £20m budget. I just assumed that meant transfer budget but it could just mean wages. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Yeah, it just said ‘budget’ on the forum so it could mean anything, but the apparent headline from Nixon on his website was  that Brum would ‘blow their rivals away’ with £20m budget. I just assumed that meant transfer budget but it could just mean wages. 

It probably will blow their rivals away, only Huddersfield and maybe Wrexham will come anywhere near close to that, even as an overall budget.  Even Rotherham have a comparatively large budget (compared to other League 1 teams)

Edited by KentExile

27 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Yea we do, it’s called keeping budgets close to your chest so other clubs don’t rip you off, if we say we have x amount other clubs will inflate prices as they know the budgets there. THERE IS MONEY 

You’re preaching to the converted, I’d be amazed if there wasn’t a decent budget based on who we’ve sold and the money coming into the club this summer (providing of course the funding issue has been resolved as per the club statement).

The players you have suggested us as being linked with seem to suggest there is quite a substantial budget?

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

It probably will blow their rivals away, only Huddersfield and maybe Wrexham will come anywhere near close to that, even as an overall budget.  Even Rotherham have a comparatively large budget (compared to other League 1 teams)

I remember when we were in League One, us and Wigan had a wage spend of about 4x higher than the next highest, who I think was Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury came 3rd as I recall. 

John Williams used to say you could, with only a few exceptions, predict a Prem league table before the season started based on how much each team spent on wages. I think that’s increasing true of every league in the EFL too. 

• Like 2