BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Rak-Sakyi is the Marcus Maddison of recent times. Linked with him every single window no matter who our recruitment team/directors are. Don’t get it, move on. Imagine loans from palace will be hard to complete seen as Olise is on his way out.

Edited by MB Rover

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

The forum is Small Heath Alliance. 

the first comment after the £20m is revealed is ‘Nixon is clueless’ or words to that effect. 

someone also comments that Paik may move on but not somewhere ‘shit like   Blackburn’.  

Have they visited Birmingham at all?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon saying Ruddy wants to move closer to home (no idea where that is) but that we have an alternative lined up who is ‘similar to Ruddy’. 

I’m guessing he means age/experience

Age. , weight  , waist size … Got to be Paddy McGuinness then 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

It was down to the club, they wanted a sponsor that could be used on all kits including Kids, we could of sold shirt sponsor to betting companies as they where quint up I believe, 32 red and also Bet MGM but the club didn’t want to go down that route. We all know the commercial department is weak, they have been trying to fill the vacancy so Steve waggott has taken control. PS new home kit i don’t think will be a hit, the collar is a bit naff, also the 3rd kit is unreal, a lot of fans will love it. 

Well, it’s right up there with the worst do commercial decisions not to have sussed this out and pitched for big stuff.

Booths (E. H. Booth & Co.) did 20x the revenue of WR, with a bigger total bottom line than WR. With a growing reputation of “Waitrose of the North,” national distribution through Amazon Fresh and the opportunity to club in thousands of Rovers supporters at the ground, nationally and internationally, it’s a fairly easy sell to try and get someone like them on board for a significantly better fee. I’ve made this point before, they’d be an excellent sponsor and they’re just one of many within 30 miles of the stadium.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Well, it’s right up there with the worst do commercial decisions not to have sussed this out and pitched for big stuff.

Booths (E. H. Booth & Co.) did 20x the revenue of WR, with a bigger total bottom line than WR. With a growing reputation of “Waitrose of the North,” national distribution through Amazon Fresh and the opportunity to club in thousands of Rovers supporters at the ground, nationally and internationally, it’s a fairly easy sell to try and get someone like them on board for a significantly better fee. I’ve made this point before, they’d be an excellent sponsor and they’re just one of many within 30 miles of the stadium.

We are also in the realms of ‘why the fuck would I want to sponsor that lot?’ though. You’re associating your brand with Waggott and Venky’s.

• Like 1

The last thing a company like Booths would want is to be associated with an Indian chicken firm that is under Govt investigation in its home land.  And the only thing it is known for in the UK is ruining a good stable well run universally well known Premier league football club.

It's pretty obvious to me why we only get modest sized local firms with a real feeling for the club sponsoring our shirts, perhaps we should be thankful i'm sure we did a season without anyone paying anything !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Paik or Rak Sakyi won't be happening.

why? 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Paik looks a clever player but would it be wise to spend a decent chunk of likely a limited budget on a midfielder?

how do you know what the budget is? Can you share with the forum what our budget is? 

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Waggott will have enquired about Ben Wilson 100% especially if Ruddy prefers a move closer to home.

I think Keeper Ben Wilson would be a good option for us

1 hour ago, RVRVRS said:

Yea we do, it’s called keeping budgets close to your chest so other clubs don’t rip you off, if we say we have x amount other clubs will inflate prices as they know the budgets there. THERE IS MONEY 

exactly. Lets John Park and John Eustace do their work. Its good there is money

1 hour ago, RVRVRS said:

Name that’s just been mentioned Harrison Burrows - Peterborough Captain

Good option

Any names for new striker/attacking signings? 

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

How can Sheffield United sign anyone when they are in ownership mess and in the process of takeover 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

What makes it worse is next season should be an easy sell too, given how much teams will feature on TV.

It just smacks of lack of ambition and to be quite honest pure laziness. I'd love to hear a list of potential sponsors we approached. Probably just googled businesses near blackburn and rang 2 or 3 up, a chippy, a taxi firm and ultimately a solicitors. 

holly tree chippy were approached but rovers denied their request to have "famous john bulls sold here" on the front of the shirt🙂

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

how do you know what the budget is? Can you share with the forum what our budget is? 

I think Keeper Ben Wilson would be a good option for us

I said "likely." Although even if we end up with your £7m warchest then the fee for Paik would still be a chunk.

How much is Paik even valued at? Went to Birmingham on a free and the side he came from paid £750k. He has individual skill and looked a tidy player but what has he accomplished in 6 months. Scored 1 in 18 games in a struggling Birmingham team that got relegated. Look what Sammi done last season in a struggling team. Saved us from the drop. Birmingham fans stating 4-6 million is baffling. A small spark in a bad season and didn't really sway results 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I said "likely." Although even if we end up with your £7m warchest then the fee for Paik would still be a chunk.

Oh sorry, I thought you had some inside knowledge/info into what our transfer budget was.

Paik is probably cost around the £2m figure. The baulk of our transfer budget needs to spent on a new keeper and striker. Ben Wilson and Ryan Hardie would be the 2 players I would target

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

Fair play to his agent 👏🏻

Always said he was talent player. Good luck to Tyler if he goes there

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

We are also in the realms of ‘why the fuck would I want to sponsor that lot?’ though. You’re associating your brand with Waggott and Venky’s.

This is an entirely fair point, but there’s a lot more to sell than just the ownership. We’ve got history and positive community outreach. The brand association is a tough obstacle, but if you can position it in a way that there’s obvious commercial benefit, it’s possible. Sponsorship isn’t charity, there are huge potential upsides.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The last thing a company like Booths would want is to be associated with an Indian chicken firm that is under Govt investigation in its home land.  And the only thing it is known for in the UK is ruining a good stable well run universally well known Premier league football club.

It's pretty obvious to me why we only get modest sized local firms with a real feeling for the club sponsoring our shirts, perhaps we should be thankful i'm sure we did a season without anyone paying anything !

We did donate the sponsorship to Prince’s Trust one year (from an aesthetic standpoint, that was an excellent sponsor), but as above, the point of the commercial department is coming up with the narrative that sells to consumers and partners alike. It’s been clear for a while that there’s no talent in that department, my observation is purely that actual talent in there would make things happen.

CEO in a company is usually “Salesperson-in-Chief,” and while I imagine football oversight is also a part of the remit, it should be the first point of reference when assessing performance. It appears we only have a “Costcutter-in-Chief.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can Sheffield United sign anyone when they are in ownership mess and in the process of takeover 

Last time they were in the Championship they spent millions (including outbidding Rovers for Ahmedhodzic) despite not having a penny to their names and then defaulting upon payments.  Only to have a ridiculously small points deduction as a "punishment"..  I do not think that will deter them from doing the same thing again.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

This is an entirely fair point, but there’s a lot more to sell than just the ownership. We’ve got history and positive community outreach. The brand association is a tough obstacle, but if you can position it in a way that there’s obvious commercial benefit, it’s possible. Sponsorship isn’t charity, there are huge potential upsides.

We did donate the sponsorship to Prince’s Trust one year (from an aesthetic standpoint, that was an excellent sponsor), but as above, the point of the commercial department is coming up with the narrative that sells to consumers and partners alike. It’s been clear for a while that there’s no talent in that department, my observation is purely that actual talent in there would make things happen.

CEO in a company is usually “Salesperson-in-Chief,” and while I imagine football oversight is also a part of the remit, it should be the first point of reference when assessing performance. It appears we only have a “Costcutter-in-Chief.”

Well he's a former agent so any quick buck to make from that side of it will always interest him most i suppose.

Agree with your take on the role of CEO but hes never hid the fact he's a cost cutter and squeeze what you have merchant rather than a builder or speculate to accumulate type exec.  No experience or resume of doing anything like that but plenty for doing exactly what he is doing, managing the downscaling/water treading of ailing badly owned clubs.

Here he's had Mowbray to hide behind and 15 mill per year propping up money which probably wasn't forthcoming at Charlton or Coventry. Cracks have been badly exposed since all that has gone but to be fair he's no doubt played a part in keeping the lights on and the club in the Championship.

Trouble is he's also made a big contribution (or lack of) in leading us into the mess in the first place.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Last time they were in the Championship they spent millions (including outbidding Rovers for Ahmedhodzic) despite not having a penny to their names and then defaulting upon payments.  Only to have a ridiculously small points deduction as a "punishment"..  I do not think that will deter them from doing the same thing again.

Sheffield United are still in takeover process so how can they buy players? 

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

holly tree chippy were approached but rovers denied their request to have "famous john bulls sold here" on the front of the shirt🙂

'Plenty of Bull Here'  would be more apt for Venky Rovers.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Tyler Mortan was wank.

Main issue with Morton and the lad last season was their lack of physicality and experience but they are sent here to make and learn from mistakes and build matchday strength and fitness.

We are a development club after all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Main issue with Morton and the lad last season was their lack of physicality and experience but they are sent here to make and learn from mistakes and build matchday strength and fitness.

We are a development club after all.

i can guarantee you morton and moran will be never be starters in the premier league,was a waste of time on our part

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can guarantee you morton and moran will be never be starters in the premier league,was a waste of time on our part

Add them to a long list then 🫣

Unbelievably bad judgement that Wharton was kept out so long in favour of Morton but it seems Hull benefited from that the season after.  That's the problem with basing the whole model around development but we did also have Bowyer leaving Tunnicliffe out for Lowe or sticking Cairney wide.

Then of course Mowbray obsessed with Evans for too long then tells us higher quality signings had to learn from Smallwood !!!

• Like 8