BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There can be NO EXCUSES - that's Eustace's so called modus operandi!

Changes in recruitment team don't wash.

No one can tell me Eustace hasn't got his own list of players he would like to bring in - Waggott could have actioned at least one or two just as he seemed to do in the Jan. window.  Unless of course there is no funding.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most transfers will happen in August and that's just what will happen this summer. 

We got Park in who will drive our recruitment this summer with Eustace and Waggott. 

If that's opinion on funding fine but I think it is wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Keep dreaming and happy wet ones!

You deffo know all about them Mercer, Apply for tipping point yet? 

23 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Can everyone relax please, Chaddy knows we will spend money.

It just my opinion. With some people attitude on here, we might aswell shut the thread/forum and live in doom and gloom era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

We are probably close to failing to pay wages/hmrc given how long it’s been since Venkys sent us any cash. Unless Raya/Wharton money lands soon.

That local businessman they borrowed off last time must be rubbing his hands together.

Cross Barron

Secured against the training ground.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most transfers will happen in August and that's just what will happen this summer. 

We got Park in who will drive our recruitment this summer with Eustace and Waggott. 

You do remember just how bad we were the second half of last season? I think it's perfectly fair that people are concerned we have done no business yet.

That squad needed some huge changes and time with new team mates and coaches to hit the ground running next season.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It just my opinion. With some people attitude on here, we might aswell shut the thread/forum and live in doom and gloom era. 

Unfortunately it has been a doom and gloom era ever since Venkys took over.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There can be NO EXCUSES - that's Eustace's so called modus operandi!

Changes in recruitment team don't wash.

No one can tell me Eustace hasn't got his own list of players he would like to bring in - Waggott could have actioned at least one or two just as he seemed to do in the Jan. window.  Unless of course there is no funding.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s gone under the radar, (and I’m not commenting on whether or not we should have made him an offer), but the hiatus with McFadzean sums up how the club functions.

A deal has reportedly been agreed in principle, but the deal hasn’t been completed.

That has all the usual hallmarks of having to wait for the owners to rubber stamp a deal, so everything comes to a grinding halt.

Therefore, it amazes me how there are still people who expect us to suddenly function normally and go out and be proactive in the transfer market, even if funds are available.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, cesus said:

You do remember just how bad we were the second half of last season? I think it's perfectly fair that people are concerned we have done no business yet.

That squad needed some huge changes and time with new team mates and coaches to hit the ground running next season.

Yes I do. 

Not much Transfer business happens in June. Simple as. That's how football works. Yes we all know signings need to settle in but let's get in the right players for us

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do. 

Not much Transfer business happens in June. Simple as. That's how football works. Yes we all know signings need to settle in but let's get in the right players for us

Hadn't we signed three players in June last year?

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do. 

If not much business happens in June , then why did you expect 3 signings in for the start of pre season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

All the excuses like "change of recruitment team, euros, other clubs havent signed anyone etc etc" are in use.

Chaddy thought we would have 3 in by today, it was never going to happen.

Very predictable. Moving at a snail's pace as usual. Maybe Waggott is thinking that later in the window the players who have failed to attract interest from other clubs can be more desperate and accept a lower wage. Loan deals could also be found cheaper later in the window when clubs are more desperate to send out players that there seems to be no interest in. 

Edited by Inferi
  • Like 1

Why sign players now and pay them through June and July when they can be signed at the end of August and save on 3 months wages?

Why sign players now when there are 4-5 kids in the academy who could benefit from pre-season?

These are the things Waggott will have in mind. A proper pre-season and hitting the ground running? Irrelevant.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you been under a rock for the last 12 years?

• Like 1

How long til the excuses for the lack of spending come out from Waggott? I can hear it now at the fans forum. 

“Well you all wanted the season ticket prices lowered so now we have no money…”

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do. 

You'd be best off saying "I wanted 3 in by now and I'm disappointed that the club haven't done that" - 3 is what you wanted and you haven't got it.

So you can therefore be critical of the club if you think that's what we needed and it hasn't happened.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If not much business happens in June , then why did you expect 3 signings in for the start of pre season?

I Said if I recall correctly I said I would like 3 signings similar to how we did it previous summer. 

36 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Wait until we don't spend £7m!

I never said we would spend £7m tho. I explained how we could spend £7m and how we could spend the Wharton and Raya money. In a similar way to how GB said we could. 

4 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

You'd be best off saying "I wanted 3 in by now and I'm disappointed that the club haven't done that" - 3 is what you wanted and you haven't got it.

So you can therefore be critical of the club if you think that's what we needed and it hasn't happened.

I will criticise the club when appropriate and this isn't one

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I Said if I recall correctly I said I would like 3 signings similar to how we did it previous summer. 

I never said we would spend £7m tho. I explained how we could spend £7m and how we could spend the Wharton and Raya money. In a similar way to how GB said we could. 

GB who isn’t here anymore?

57 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why sign players now and pay them through June and July when they can be signed at the end of August and save on 3 months wages?

Why sign players now when there are 4-5 kids in the academy who could benefit from pre-season?

These are the things Waggott will have in mind. A proper pre-season and hitting the ground running? Irrelevant.

Fair comment, but we could miss out on potentially good signings, especially if freebies or loans, if we are slow to act just to save a couple of months salary. You are right though it will be how SW will be thinking because he is useless and has no vision.