BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most transfers will happen in August and that's just what will happen this summer. 

We got Park in who will drive our recruitment this summer with Eustace and Waggott. 

If that's opinion on funding fine but I think it is wrong. 

You deffo know all about them Mercer, Apply for tipping point yet? 

It just my opinion. With some people attitude on here, we might aswell shut the thread/forum and live in doom and gloom era. 

Please continue to be positive Chaddy , I for one appreciate it. It’s all too easy to think the worst, because that’s what we have come to expect with SW and Venkies, but preseason is the time for optimism. It is very depressing being a Rovers fan at the best of times, but reading the majority of the posts on here can make you suicidal. 
Chaddy, keep the hope alive!!

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Haha, It’ll be carnage! 

The fees will be "undisclosed" and no matter what sort of shite comes in, Chaddy will just say "fees were undisclosed prove that we didn't spend 7m on 3 36 year old centre forwards with 5 legs and 6 goals between them in the last 4 years, and a  16 year old loanee from Southampton"

and on and on it will spin people saying we didn't, and Chaddy saying prove it.

32 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Serene he stands amidst the Ewood Flowers and only counts lifes Sunny hours,for him dull days do not exist,Chaddy..brfcs very own brazen faced owd optimist!.

All is well.

brfcs.com's Daily Express correspondent 😉 

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

GB who isn’t here anymore?

Yes I am fully aware thanks MB but his comments were made in March international window

1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

Please continue to be positive Chaddy , I for one appreciate it. It’s all too easy to think the worst, because that’s what we have come to expect with SW and Venkies, but preseason is the time for optimism. It is very depressing being a Rovers fan at the best of times, but reading the majority of the posts on here can make you suicidal. 
Chaddy, keep the hope alive!!

I will always positive and upbeat, I will never be any other way on here

37 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

dull days do not exist,Chaddy..brfcs very own brazen faced owd optimist!.

All is well.

Dull days do exist but I will always be positive and upbeat everything even in the worst life situations, 

I don't know how many games, we will have played by the end of August, but in my view, if we are waiting until then, to make any proper signings, we could be giving our rivals a head start.

I remember the Owen Coyle season, when he trotted out the line "Judge me at the end of the transfer window". I had already made my mind up about him by then and along with many others, was pretty much correct. 

It is an easy excuse for not getting off to a good start and  really fear for us, if we don't get at least 4 new signings in by the time we play our first league game.

Hopefully we won't give other clubs a head start and go on to regret it.

17 minutes ago, lraC said:

I don't know how many games, we will have played by the end of August, but in my view, if we are waiting until then, to make any proper signings, we could be giving our rivals a head start.

I remember the Owen Coyle season, when he trotted out the line "Judge me at the end of the transfer window". I had already made my mind up about him by then and along with many others, was pretty much correct. 

It is an easy excuse for not getting off to a good start and  really fear for us, if we don't get at least 4 new signings in by the time we play our first league game.

Hopefully we won't give other clubs a head start and go on to regret it.

Another way you could look at is in JDT's first summer we had only signed Callum Brittain by the time the first game come around.

We also had Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, Van Hecke, Khadra who all played significant parts the season before leave in the summer, along with other squad men like Johnson, Poveda, Davenport, Chapman and Butterworth.

We went on to win our first 3 and 4 out of 7 before the window closed.

Maybe our core squad was stronger in that summer than it is now, I don't know.

For me we can put out a competent 11 that will be fairly competitive at the minute (that's with Szmod granted) but we absolutely need 6 or 7 good players through the door before the window closes with nobody leaving just to be somewhere between 12th/20th next season.

Edited by MarkBRFC

43 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Another way you could look at is in JDT's first summer we had only signed Callum Brittain by the time the first game come around.

We also had Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, Van Hecke, Khadra who all played significant parts the season before leave in the summer, along with other squad men like Johnson, Poveda, Davenport, Chapman and Butterworth.

We went on to win our first 3 and 4 out of 7 before the window closed.

Maybe our core squad was stronger in that summer than it is now, I don't know.

For me we can put out a competent 11 that will be fairly competitive at the minute (that's with Szmod granted) but we absolutely need 6 or 7 good players through the door before the window closes with nobody leaving just to be somewhere between 12th/20th next season.

In the second half of last season Eustace showed what we can expect to see when he tries to get the best out of the current squad. 

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

First day of pre season training today and not a single new face for the first team.  It's shocking and inexcusable - simple as that.

By shocking and inexcusable, do you mean pretty much par for the course across the league?

14 out of the 24 clubs in the Championship have yet to bring anyone in. Of the 10 that have brought someone in, only 4 of those have brought more than one player.

The very last thing it is, is shocking. Apart from last summer I can't remember any summer window under Venkys where we had brought any first teamers in at this stage. There probably are a couple I'm forgetting, but most seasons we've done nothing at this point. If you're shocked by this, you haven't been paying attention.

Edit - looks like my list was a week old, those numbers may not be totally accurate anymore

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Inferi said:

In the second half of last season Eustace showed what we can expect to see when he tries to get the best out of the current squad. 

If so, it's going to be a struggle watching every game on TV nevermind in the stadium this year.

Btw only one team in the league, QPR, has brought in 3+ players like Chaddy wanted us to do by this point. They've brought in four freebies.

(They've also released 8, we've released 4...ours were nowhere near the first team, but I know at least Dozzell and Adomah played in theirs)

Edit - my source was a week out of date, Coventry and possibly others have reached the 3+ incomings now

Edited by bluebruce

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

By shocking and inexcusable, do you mean pretty much par for the course across the league?

14 out of the 24 clubs in the Championship have yet to bring anyone in. Of the 10 that have brought someone in, only 4 of those have brought more than one player.

The very last thing it is, is shocking. Apart from last summer I can't remember any summer window under Venkys where we had brought any first teamers in at this stage. There probably are a couple I'm forgetting, but most seasons we've done nothing at this point. If you're shocked by this, you haven't been paying attention.

Its shocking that we have not strengthened when we were a side nearly relegated.Is it yet to be another season of embarrassment and survival?

Coventry have an owner that takes an interest, wants to invest and wants his club to get better.

So they reinvest money from sales whilst the con artists at Ewood come up with all manner of reasons and excuses why our owners don't.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Coventry showing us how it should be done, a few good money signings in already this summer along with the reinvestment last summer after they sold Gyokeres and Hamer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c511leq9q4no

Meanwhile we rake in millions and brought in Telalovic, Fleck and McFazadean.

Ah the list I had was from Sky Sports, Coventry only had one incoming on there, but looks like it was last updated a week ago. Alright there might be more than 10 clubs who have signed someone now!

(Technically, we have signed someone for money but I think it's quite clear they're seen as joining the U21s initially...then again so was Dolan)

Edited by bluebruce

29 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Its shocking that we have not strengthened when we were a side nearly relegated.Is it yet to be another season of embarrassment and survival?

Again it's not shocking in the context of Venkys time at the club, anyone still shocked that we aren't doing early business isn't paying attention or has memory loss.

With all this talk of players I think people are missing the bigger picture. What’s the situation with the team bus? Is it state of the art, are we leasing it again but claiming we bought it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

With all this talk of players I think people are missing the bigger picture. What’s the situation with the team bus? Is it state of the art, are we leasing it again but claiming we bought it. 

There's a thought. Maybe we're doing more cutbacks and the team will travel to games in a series of state of the art Mini Coopers.

41 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

There's a thought. Maybe we're doing more cutbacks and the team will travel to games in a series of state of the art Mini Coopers.

Is that for a pre-season tour of Italy ?