BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

By shocking and inexcusable, do you mean pretty much par for the course across the league?

14 out of the 24 clubs in the Championship have yet to bring anyone in. Of the 10 that have brought someone in, only 4 of those have brought more than one player.

The very last thing it is, is shocking. Apart from last summer I can't remember any summer window under Venkys where we had brought any first teamers in at this stage. There probably are a couple I'm forgetting, but most seasons we've done nothing at this point. If you're shocked by this, you haven't been paying attention.

Edit - looks like my list was a week old, those numbers may not be totally accurate anymore

Don't give a monkey's toss what other Championship clubs do or don't do.

Arguably, we escaped relegation on the last day with a win only because Leicester had nothing to play for and had, probably, been out on the p1ss for several days and nights following them sealing their season at PNE on the Monday night.

I think under Eustace we were dire and got lucky.  If you think that squad does not need major surgery then I think you are dreaming.  To not have at least one new face in by now is I repeat both shocking and inexcusable  given last season's traumas - as things stand. I think we are nailed on certainties for the drop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

There's a thought. Maybe we're doing more cutbacks and the team will travel to games in a series of state of the art Mini Coopers.

Would be quite a site, convoy of 30 minis zooming about the country tbf, new shirt sponsor?

48 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Arguably, we escaped relegation on the last day with a win only because Leicester had nothing to play for and had, probably, been out on the p1ss for several days and nights following them sealing their season at PNE on the Monday night.

I think under Eustace we were dire and got lucky.  If you think that squad does not need major surgery then I think you are dreaming.  To not have at least one new face in by now is I repeat both shocking and inexcusable  given last season's traumas - as things stand. I think we are nailed on certainties for the drop.

You're putting words in my mouth - I absolutely do think the squad needs major surgery. But if you're shocked by something that happens every year here, and has happened at most clubs in the league this year, you're very, very easily shocked.

Like you, I think we will go down. Because I fully believe we won't rebuild the squad as much as is needed, so I'm not shocked here whatsoever.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Didn't he only sign his deal here like a week ago?

Quickest Academy cameo ever, that is bonkers ! Why sign in the first place, can only imagine that the family have decided to relocate back to the Netherlands 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Penwortham Blue

31 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Unit! Anyone know anything about him

If Hull are interested I don't Imagine we have a chance. Not that there a bigger club, but their owner is ambitious and get things done. We just fuck about trying to get folk on the cheap.

• Like 5

Just now, Lucimo said:

If Hull are interested I don't Imagine we have a chance. Not that there a bigger club, but their owner is ambitious and get things done. We just fuck about trying to get folk on the cheap.

Not really sure why we’d be after another defensive midfielder when we have Tronstad, Travis, Buckley etc…Unless one is leaving. 

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not really sure why we’d be after another defensive midfielder when we have Tronstad, Travis, Buckley etc…Unless one is leaving. 

Wouldn't bet against Travis leaving 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Interesting you say that

More excuses from yourself time after time. The fact of it we won and stay up. Get over it now!

I think under Eustace we were dire and got lucky.  If you think that squad does not need major surgery then I think you are dreaming.  To not have at least one new face in by now is I repeat both shocking and inexcusable  given last season's traumas - as things stand.

no we didn't get lucky at all. 

The squad needs improving and we need signings. I wouldn't called needed 7 or 8 signings as major surgery either. A new keeper, centre back, full back, right winger, 2 strikers is a must. Probably replacement for Sigurdsson if he does leave and maybe a new centre midfielder if someone leaves

I think we are nailed on certainties for the drop.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Like you, I think we will go down. 

I deffo think we won't go down. 🔵

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting you say that

More excuses from yourself time after time. The fact of it we won and stay up. Get over it now!

no we didn't get lucky at all. 

The squad needs improving and we need signings. I wouldn't called needed 7 or 8 signings as major surgery either. A new keeper, centre back, full back, right winger, 2 strikers is a must. Probably replacement for Sigurdsson if he does leave and maybe a new centre midfielder if someone leaves

Id consider basically a new team to be quite major surgery. And needed.

43 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the only way travis gets back in the team is at right back,where he`s quite good,ive never rated him as a midfielder and would`nt want him in there ahead of tronstadt

Hes not that similar to Tronstad, he could play next to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everybody on this board and their dogs already knew this without you needing to say it Chaddy. We could release our entire senior squad on frees and you still wouldn't think we're going down.

I can say with absolute certainty and without needing to ask you, that the last three times we went down, you thought we wouldn't go down.

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace is a fan of Travis according to the LT today.

I can see him and Tronstad in a 2 man CM. 

Got a feeling we could be set up for a 3-4-3 system

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1