BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id consider basically a new team to be quite major surgery. And needed.

no I have outlined what we need in my opinion and That isn't major surgery. Major surgery would 15 or 16 new signings but we don't need. The main 3 for me is goalscoring striker(number 1 priority for me), Keeper(number 2 priority for me), then right winger

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Got a feeling we could be set up for a 3-4-3 system

Me too. I had a look at how Eustace set up when Brum came to Ewood season before last. They played 3-4-3 then as well,  or 5-2-3 (however it’s described) 

As discussed the other day on here, I think he’ll be looking to bring in a pacey RW and a LW this summer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no I have outlined what we need in my opinion and That isn't major surgery. Major surgery would 15 or 16 new signings but we don't need. The main 3 for me is goalscoring striker(number 1 priority for me), Keeper(number 2 priority for me), then right winger

Major surgery, go back 3 or 4 seasons we were topplng the Championship and in the top 6, until the usual downward spiral. We have lost Diaz, Kaminski and Adam Wharton since then. It's plain to see whats required, A decent sriker alongside Szhmodics and a decent Goalkeeper.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Got a feeling we could be set up for a 3-4-3 system

Now you’ve said that…

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam

Brittain Tronstad Travis Pickering

Hedge  Dolan  Siggy

A bit industrial but I don’t mind it tbh. Easily transitions into 433 or 541.

I’m preparing for life without Sammie btw 😭

Just now, Mike E said:

Now you’ve said that…

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam

Brittain Tronstad Travis Pickering

Hedge  Dolan  Siggy

A bit industrial but I don’t mind it tbh. Easily transitions into 433 or 541.

I’m preparing for life without Sammie btw 😭

That side would end up in League 1.

No goals in there plus Pears still in net, JRC as a centre back and Pickering as a wing back?

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

That side would end up in League 1.

No goals in there plus Pears still in net, JRC as a centre back and Pickering as a wing back?

It’s made up of first teamers that stayed up tbf. I’m going into this season with the lowest expectations, but I’d expect that eleven to stay up, assuming it’s backed up well with some solid transfers and the youngsters step up (Garrett, Gent, Gamble, Gilsenan and whoever else starts with a G).

It seems we have a knack for someone stepping up with the goals unexpectedly. Hopefully Dolan this time.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Amidst your random burst of thoughts. Im pretty sure they were both shown on Rovers twitter. They were there.

Glad it’s not just me who gets wound up by the verbal diarrhea 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

It’s made up of first teamers that stayed up tbf. I’m going into this season with the lowest expectations, but I’d expect that eleven to stay up, assuming it’s backed up well with some solid transfers and the youngsters step up (Garrett, Gent, Gamble, Gilsenan and whoever else starts with a G).

It seems we have a knack for someone stepping up with the goals unexpectedly. Hopefully Dolan this time.

It wouldnt, there are absolutely no goals in the side. The one player missing is the one that kept us up.We have been fortunate with goalscorers but no one left in the building would do likewise, theyve proven over a number of years that they arent goalscorers. 

Especially not backed up by them. Garrett, nowhere near it at the moment. Gamble, couldnt get a game when we had an injury crisis. Gilsenan, might be a talent but has only ever really played kids football bar 2 games against a League 2 side. Gent at least has some experience but not much.

Thankfully its irrelevant because even we arent cheap and naive enough to go into a season with that 11 and the back up you touched on.

33 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Dear god help us.

Pickering had 2 really good seasons where he was a consistent part of a side that finished 7th and 8th. Hyam was player of the season when we finished 7th. Both have weaknesses but are certainly not the absolute liabilities you seem keen to suggest and we need them due to how small our squad is.

4 hours ago, Lucimo said:

If Hull are interested I don't Imagine we have a chance. Not that there a bigger club, but their owner is ambitious and get things done. We just fuck about trying to get folk on the cheap.

You're assuming we put that much effort in to it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

, I think he’ll be looking to bring in a pacey RW and a LW this summer. 

Don't be silly. Unless they are 12yo we don't have any money to buy anyone. Unless of course we stop paying the bills and the wages.

8 hours ago, neophox said:

Weres the Raya, Wharton etc money to spend?

There is no Raya money. He's still a Brentford player until at least June 30 or maybe even another year.

Wharton money - bills, wages, HMRC.

Aug 20 in court. No money until at least after that.

• Like 2

The Raya money will drop just in time for when Vs usually tip up, the next Wharton instalment will be similar.

They'll have structured it to be in line with paying the bills.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Raya money will drop just in time for when Vs usually tip up, the next Wharton instalment will be similar.

They'll have structured it to be in line with paying the bills.

Always the way. Yet, many haven’t noticed this ‘tactic’ by them.

Always something with The Rao’s, as to why they won’t spend money. 🙄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Sigurdsson just checked into another hotel on his holidays in Greece on Instagram, when’s he due back??

Siggy and Szmodics were away for 11 days each on international duty, so I imagine they will come back 11 days later than everyone else so everyone has had the same "leave"?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes not that similar to Tronstad, he could play next to him.

I'm quite intrigued by a 4-3-3 with Travis, Tronstad and JRC as the three in midfield.  Tronstad will sit and protect, allowing JRC in particular to get forward.  If nothing else, Travis covers an awful lot of ground and is combative. Let's not forget that Trav came really unstuck when he was asked to come and get the ball deep off the defenders on the half turn.  That won't be happening under Eustace.  There'll be a focus on staying resilient, being hard to beat, getting the ball forward quickly and nicking goals where we can.

If we could compliment those three with another midfielder with little bit more creativity, or even someone to add goals then all the better - when was the last time we had a goal scoring midfielder?!? But overall, I wouldn't be horrified to see those 3 start the first game.  Much more important is an overhaul of the front 3, particularly if/when Szmodics leaves.  Width, Pace, directness and someone to get the crowd on their feet is a must, preferably x 2. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I'm quite intrigued by a 4-3-3 with Travis, Tronstad and JRC as the three in midfield.  Tronstad will sit and protect, allowing JRC in particular to get forward.  If nothing else, Travis covers an awful lot of ground and is combative. Let's not forget that Trav came really unstuck when he was asked to come and get the ball deep off the defenders on the half turn.  That won't be happening under Eustace.  There'll be a focus on staying resilient, being hard to beat, getting the ball forward quickly and nicking goals where we can.

If we could compliment those three with another midfielder with little bit more creativity, or even someone to add goals then all the better - when was the last time we had a goal scoring midfielder?!? But overall, I wouldn't be horrified to see those 3 start the first game.  Much more important is an overhaul of the front 3, particularly if/when Szmodics leaves.  Width, Pace, directness and someone to get the crowd on their feet is a must, preferably x 2. 

This is exactly what I would do.

But I imagine we will flit between 523 and 4231.

I just think if we could sort some pace and directness out wide then a 433 would be the way to go with that midfield when Szmodics goes.

Edited by MarkBRFC

If AI is one day going to rule the world, you'd think it might just be smart enough to operate under the Venkys and Waggot at Blackburn Rovers.  To put it to the test, below is what it believes we realistically need to get promoted next year. 

Certainly! Here’s an updated list of potential transfer targets for Blackburn Rovers in 2024, considering financial constraints and restrictions on international signings:

### 1. **Loan Deals from Premier League Clubs**

- **Cameron Archer (Aston Villa)**: A talented young striker who had a successful loan spell at Middlesbrough, providing pace and finishing up front.

- **Elliot Anderson (Newcastle United)**: A versatile midfielder who has shown promise and could add creativity and dynamism to Blackburn’s midfield.

- **Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Arsenal)**: A young, dynamic right-back who could strengthen the defensive line and provide attacking support from the flanks.

### 2. **Free Transfers**

- **Danny Drinkwater**: The experienced midfielder is available on a free transfer and could bring a wealth of Premier League and Championship experience to Blackburn’s midfield.

- **Scott Dann**: Recently released by Reading, Dann’s experience and leadership could be invaluable at the back for Blackburn.

### 3. **Domestic Transfers (Championship & League One)**

- **Chiedozie Ogbene (Rotherham United)**: A speedy winger with experience in the Championship, Ogbene could add width and attacking threat.

- **Jack Rudoni (Huddersfield Town)**: A versatile midfielder who has been impressive with Huddersfield, capable of playing in various roles and providing a creative spark.

- **Callum Lang (Wigan Athletic)**: A forward who has consistently performed well in League One and could make an impact in the Championship.

### 4. **Scouting the Lower Leagues**

- **Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough United)**: Still a prolific scorer in League One, Clarke-Harris could bring goals and physical presence up front.

- **Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)**: A veteran midfielder with excellent passing and leadership qualities, he could control the game from the center.

- **Nicky Cadden (Barnsley)**: A versatile winger who has been effective in League One, offering pace and delivery from wide areas.

### 5. **Re-signing or Retaining Key Players**

- **Sammie Szmodics**: Keeping their playmaker is crucial; Szmodics’ creativity and goal-scoring ability are key for Blackburn.

- **Joe Rankin-Costello**: Ensuring the young defender/midfielder stays will help maintain squad depth and versatility.

- **Ryan Hedges**: Retaining Hedges could be vital for maintaining options in the attacking midfield and wing positions.

### 6. **Youth Development and Promotion**

- **Jake Garrett**: Promoting young talents like Garrett can provide fresh energy and potential breakthroughs in the first team.

- **Ashley Phillips**: The promising young defender should be integrated more into the first team, providing defensive options and learning opportunities.

### Conclusion

Blackburn Rovers should focus on a balanced approach to recruitment, combining experienced free agents, loan deals from Premier League clubs, and high-performing players from the Championship and League One. By strengthening key areas like defense, midfield creativity, and attacking options, while promoting youth from within, Blackburn can build a competitive squad for a promotion push.

9 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

### 6. **Youth Development and Promotion**

- **Jake Garrett**: Promoting young talents like Garrett can provide fresh energy and potential breakthroughs in the first team.

- **Ashley Phillips**: The promising young defender should be integrated more into the first team, providing defensive options and learning opportunities.

### Conclusion

Good to see AI is up to date. 'Crap in Crap out' as they say!!

• Like 1