BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Now you’ve said that…

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam

Brittain Tronstad Travis Pickering

Hedge  Dolan  Siggy

A bit industrial but I don’t mind it tbh. Easily transitions into 433 or 541.

I’m preparing for life without Sammie btw 😭

We won’t score a single goal with that line up!!

I know most will disagree with this, but I did see flashes of play that I liked in Telalovic. He looked like he had some decent ability in terms of link up play and he found himself in positions where only his reluctance to shoot let him down -  whether that was a confidence issue I don't know.  I hope this pre-season might just offer him the opportunity to get some minutes, score a few goals and give himself a platform to at least get some first team minutes. 

I know this is only U21 football, but when we were linked to one of the Palace players a month or two ago I had a look at this video of a game played last season.  It includes an absolute clanger from Pears, when the ref spares his blushes (about 9mins 45secs), but Telal really stood out to me during the highlights, particularly with an excellent assist for the second goal.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I know most will disagree with this, but I did see flashes of play that I liked in Telalovic. He looked like he had some decent ability in terms of link up play and he found himself in positions where only his reluctance to shoot let him down -  whether that was a confidence issue I don't know.  I hope this pre-season might just offer him the opportunity to get some minutes, score a few goals and give himself a platform to at least get some first team minutes. 

I know this is only U21 football, but when we were linked to one of the Palace players a month or two ago I had a look at this video of a game played last season.  It includes an absolute clanger from Pears, when the ref spares his blushes (about 9mins 45secs), but Telal really stood out to me during the highlights, particularly with an excellent assist for the second goal.

That's his level though that's why hes comfortable in there and still scores goals, was signed after banging a load in at B level.

Another Nuttall we have here imo.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Semir did show signs of being a good footballer. He got involved and linked up play on a few occasions. Was very unlucky not to get his first goal. I feel he was taken out the firing line and put in the u21s and he scored 1-2 goals one was a very nice finish. JDT went and Eustace stuck to the main core of the group to keep us up.If he wants to establish himself as a first team member like you stated he needs to build up his confidence and shoot when the opportunity arises. His work rate is up to scratch and if anything works harder than the likes of Vale. He's had his year to find his feet and settle in, It's in his own hands now 

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's his level though that's why hes comfortable in there and still scores goals, was signed after banging a load in at B level.

Another Nuttall we have here imo.

I can't argue with that, he could easily go the way of Nuttall or countless other strikers we've had who disappear back in to obscurity.  He didn't help himself when we were absolutely backs to the wall in one of Eustace's first game (might have been Stoke), and he lost possession or made very poor decisions at least 2 or 3 times.  After that I'm not sure we really saw him again. 

BUT, I still thought there was flashes of intelligent striker play and I don't think he was completely anonymous in his few cameos.  As I say, he had a few half decent opportunities where he just didn't pull the trigger.  It's a massive pre-season for him, I just hope he can prove a lot of us wrong.

17 hours ago, Mike E said:

Now you’ve said that…

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam

Hedge  Dolan  Siggy

Questioning why I renewed my season ticket now!

12 points that team gets 

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Semir did show signs of being a good footballer. He got involved and linked up play on a few occasions. Was very unlucky not to get his first goal. I feel he was taken out the firing line and put in the u21s and he scored 1-2 goals one was a very nice finish. JDT went and Eustace stuck to the main core of the group to keep us up.If he wants to establish himself as a first team member like you stated he needs to build up his confidence and shoot when the opportunity arises. His work rate is up to scratch and if anything works harder than the likes of Vale. He's had his year to find his feet and settle in, It's in his own hands now 

4 games, 5 goals and 3 assists in PL2.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

4 games, 5 goals and 3 assists in PL2.  

To be fair, at not far off being 25 years old playing in that league, he probably should at least have those stats if he wants to have any hope of playing in the second tier of English football!

• Like 2

I feel for any striker at rovers under JDT and then Eustace last season. We barely created anything for them and they were left isolated constantly. You cant score from the halfway line you need crosses, through balls and cut backs into the box. Something which we just didnt do and needs to be addressed by signing two proper wingers this summer.

Maybe Telalovic comes good next season if we do, the next Brereton!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I can't argue with that, he could easily go the way of Nuttall or countless other strikers we've had who disappear back in to obscurity.  He didn't help himself when we were absolutely backs to the wall in one of Eustace's first game (might have been Stoke), and he lost possession or made very poor decisions at least 2 or 3 times.  After that I'm not sure we really saw him again. 

BUT, I still thought there was flashes of intelligent striker play and I don't think he was completely anonymous in his few cameos.  As I say, he had a few half decent opportunities where he just didn't pull the trigger.  It's a massive pre-season for him, I just hope he can prove a lot of us wrong.

Well if they keep him and he has a decent pres season then he should really get a chance early doors and a goal or two might work wonders.  If Eustace has a proper look at him and it's a 'no' then they can punt him on before the window shuts and at least get another body in i suppose.

18 hours ago, Mike E said:

Now you’ve said that…

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam

Hedge  Dolan  Siggy

The biggest issue with that team would be that half the players in it can't go a season without missing at least 20 games each through injury/injuries 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

50 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Anyone else disappointed with the new home shirt? Very 94/95

I quite like it but want to see it properly first

Anymore transfer news? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

I've not changed my mind that Telalovic will become a decent player - he has some of the raw attributes, including some that are very difficult to teach (ie scoring).

Was unlucky not to score a few times in the short run he had under JDT (Hull away springs to mind).

I think his ceiling is a lot higher than Sam Gallagher, at the very least.

• Like 3