BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

23 minutes ago, Polky said:

Murphy had a very fruitful February - May last season, but didn’t do much before then.

Quite a few Oxford fans were ready for him to be released and see the back of him.

He would have only been a squad player and I’m sure Portsmouth will have promised him regular minutes. With the current players in the squad such as Dolan, Sigurdsson and Hedges we would be unable to convince him that he’d start most games.

I think Eustace likes pace out wide. None of our current wingers have pace, I wouldn’t even describe them as proper wingers . I have no idea if we were in for Murphy but he would fit the type of player JE seems to like out wide. He’s quicker than Dolan, siggy and hedges. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

I think Eustace likes pace out wide. None of our current wingers have pace, I wouldn’t even describe them as proper wingers . I have no idea if we were in for Murphy but he would fit the type of player JE seems to like out wide. He’s quicker than Dolan, siggy and hedges. 

We definitely need more pace in the squad and especially out wide.

My point was more in relation to the championship standard players we have at the minute. Portsmouth need to sign players to compete at this level and can guarantee Murphy will play most games.

We already have at least three championship standard wide players so he wouldn’t be guaranteed the start games.

He would have been a nice option off the bench, but I don’t think he would have wanted to be a bench player.

Just now, Polky said:

We definitely need more pace in the squad and especially out wide.

My point was more in relation to the championship standard players we have at the minute. Portsmouth need to sign players to compete at this level and can guarantee Murphy will play most games.

We already have at least three championship standard wide players so he wouldn’t be guaranteed the start games.

He would have been a nice option off the bench, but I don’t think he would have wanted to be a bench player.

It’s a fair point. I suppose it depends how good Murphy is in relation to the Championship. If our 3 current players can’t play the way JE wants then he will have to bring people in. It wouldn’t surprise me if the 3 mentioned don’t start as wingers. I think he was playing Hedges at LWB before his injury, which is where I think he’ll play him next season. I don’t think j he rates Siggy in that position and Dolan doesn’t seem suited to being an out and out winger. Personally I think Murphy is a better out and out winger than all 3 of them and I think he’ll do well next season in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Okay, that’s a very positive take.

Let’s see how the next few weeks pan out when we go for other players who have multiple suitors.

I don’t even think it’s a particularly positive take. I am just saying that we will categorically not have offered 29 year Murphy the 3 years with an option of a 4th he’s just signed at Portsmouth and likely promises of regularly starting games in the championship.

I’m very glad we haven’t.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

My god it's boring at the moment aint it!

No rumours, no budget, no scouts, no chance of anything happening right now.

The only football-related thing we have to look forward to at the moment, is when England play... but then they go and play absolutely shite!

We’re now in the “We didn’t want him anyway” phase of the window.

The mild panic phase is next.

5 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

My god it's boring at the moment aint it!

No rumours, no budget, no scouts, no chance of anything happening right now.

The only football-related thing we have to look forward to at the moment, is when England play... but then they go and play absolutely shite!

England are boring but the rest of the Euros provide much more entertainment than wannabee ITKs making up rumours.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says they are made up rumours? You are very quick to just on any rumours and dismiss them without yourself having any news.

Would it not be fair to presume the rumours are nonsense?

We had "itks" on here giving lists of players we are looking at and telling us there is money to spend.Then it becomes known the club haven't even had their budget set by the owners 

Eustace said in his interview with Rovers TV that he was 4 or 5 players and everyone will get their chances to impress in pre season. 

He mentioned he went to watch Jack Vale and Georgie Gent at Motherwell last season. 

I would imagine that 4 or 5 signings is without any sales. So I think we want a keeper, centre back, Maybe right back, Right winger and goalscoring number 9

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace said in his interview with Rovers TV that he was 4 or 5 players and everyone will get their chances to impress in pre season. 

He mentioned he went to watch Jack Vale and Georgie Gent at Motherwell last season. 

I would imagine that 4 or 5 signings is without any sales. So I think we want a keeper, centre back, Maybe right back, Right winger and goalscoring number 9

I don't think we'll sign a keeper unless Wahlstedt goes. 

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Would it not be fair to presume the rumours are nonsense?

We had "itks" on here giving lists of players we are looking at and telling us there is money to spend.Then it becomes known the club haven't even had their budget set by the owners 

judge them on whether they happened or not. Plus also things or targets change and no one says they will sign here. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If he has watched Vale and thought we could do with him here then I am concerned about his eyesight.

Sounds like lots of cliches but if that 4 or 5 isnt a throw away comment, then thats not enough.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

If he has watched Vale and thought we could do with him here then I am concerned about his eyesight.

Sounds like lots of cliches but if that 4 or 5 isnt a throw away comment, then thats not enough.

Agree, Vale has had enough chances to show what hes got. Proved that he's lazy with no desire to try win the ball back. Fresh legs were needed in his cameos and he played like he's been forced to play after a marathon

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You are dreaming. Why are you completely ignoring the facts ?

We don't have any beans until after Aug 20 or after we sell.

says who? 

You seen the comments from Rovers and in his meetings with WATR about budgets, Also we don't needs loads of money to bring in good solid signings. With John Park in as Head of Recruitment who is good at finding good signings as his record suggested. (granted he has made some poor ones)

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe he has develop and improve at Motherwell. I don't know cos I didn't see his spell there

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would that comment be a throw away comment? He has said it again at tonight's We Are The Rovers(Rovers trust) so this just disapproves your point.