BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Hands up, got ‘what they said’ wrong. As above 👆 

But I still believe their assertion is incorrect, ie: Fake News.

And for the record, I don’t necessarily believe what they are saying is the whole picture. My issue is a few people on here who continually try to claim as fact that Venky’s ability to fund us hinges on the outcome of a court date in August. It doesn’t, according to the club. 

We’ll see what transpires. 

Edited by Forever Blue

We will never know unless the owners state themselves and prove they can by sticking money in the account. Old school journalism is non existent these days, Not one trying to unravel the truth and rock the boat. It's all turned to brainwashing and keeping people happy

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

And for the record, I don’t necessarily believe what they are saying is the whole picture. My issue is a few people on here who continually try to claim as fact that Venky’s ability to fund us hinges on the outcome of a court date in August. It doesn’t, according to the club. 

Do you mean specifically Venkys funding the club from their own pockets? Because they are requesting to be able to do that (which makes the club incorrect).

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Do you mean specifically Venkys funding the club from their own pockets? Because they are requesting to be able to do that (which makes the club incorrect).

They’ve said there are no impediments to funding the club in the way they’ve done prior to last summer. That doesn’t mean they will. 

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Which is?

That they won't (or won't be able to) send any additional money over and we'll be ran for the next 6 months on the next Wharton installment, Raya money and Szmodics sale before panic sets in again in Jan.

Any incomings will be very cheap loans or frees like McFadzean and Fleck to bolster what we have.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

That they won't (or won't be able to) send any additional money over and we'll be ran for the next 6 months on the next Wharton installment, Raya money and Szmodics sale before panic sets in again in Jan.

Any incomings will be very cheap loans or frees like McFadzean and Fleck to bolster what we have.

Yeah, possibly. 

9 minutes ago, roverblue said:

The fact they havent sent a penny over since the last court approved chunk late last year tells you all you need to know.

Exactly this.

Next time Swag tries to claim that the Owners have no issues funding the Club, he needs to be asked: if that's true, why haven't they sent any money since November 2023?

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

They’ve said there are no impediments to funding the club in the way they’ve done prior to last summer. That doesn’t mean they will. 

They didn't say that though. They definitely implied it but didn't actually say that.

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Let's face it, the ability to fund the club and the ability to send money from India to the UK are two vastly different issues, hence the confusion here and the phrase cleverly worded statement, being banded about.

Throw the word should into the equation and no wonder there are conflicting posts on here about what is and what isn't fact.

My understanding is, that they cannot send funds just now and it remains to be seen, if they will still be unable to, after the court hearing in August, should this take place.

A statement along the lines of "The owners have confirmed that, despite the difficulties encountered in sending funds from India to fund the club, these problems have now been resolved, so they can now continue do so and will therefore send these funds as required". 

That's nice and clear, does not contain the word SHOULD and does mention funds being sent to the UK from India.

I do not for one second believe they can issue a statement similar to that. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I agreed with your assessment of what was said, and therefore disagreed with @Forever Blue’s assessment.

However, I must now point out we’re both wrong and @Forever Blue was right re: what the club ACTUALLY said (even if we believe they are incorrect).

“The owners would like to assure all Blackburn Rovers supporters that the club will continue to have their full support in the short, medium and long term.

“The ongoing court case in India is now related only to technical and procedural issues involving Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt Ltd (VHPL) and should have no future impact on the owners being able to continue to fund the club.

“Even through the extremely challenging times of the Covid pandemic and during difficulties encountered last year, the owners have always supported the club, which will continue as and when they are required to do so.

Finally, the owners would like to take this opportunity to thank all associated with the club for their support and have full belief under our new head coach John Eustace we can have a strong end to the current season.”

I was wrong on what the club said. However, I believe they are incorrect. The court case directly influences funding Venkys are allowed to put into the club because it is a request to be allowed to further fund the club.

Thanks Mike and that last paragraph is spot on.

This is where the bluster and spin boils my blood, as making that statement, just shows how much contempt they have for the fans. 

Swag is completely uninterested. States what the happy clappers want to here. If the rumour is true that he is retiring sometime this season then why would he upset the apple cart. He's coasting up easy street till that day comes

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 5

Possible scenario:

We loan a few kids from other clubs,no real money spent on strengthening that was really needed.

The club receives a last minute bid for SS that we cannot refuse and we are left in a World of shit.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Possible scenario:

We loan a few kids from other clubs,no real money spent on strengthening that was really needed.

The club receives a last minute bid for SS that we can refuse and we are left in a World of shit.

Exactly what I think will happen.

Szmodics will be a slow burner, I think he starts the season with us, then if he hits a few goals before deadline day and say a Leicester, Ipswich etc are struggling they will hit us with a last minute offer which like you say we'll take.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Exactly what I think will happen.

Szmodics will be a slow burner, I think he starts the season with us, then if he hits a few goals before deadline day and say a Leicester, Ipswich etc are struggling they will hit us with a last minute offer which like you say we'll take.

Clubs could possibly be waiting for the outcome of the court hearing, to see if we are desperate or not, before putting in any bids. That could be another reason I guess for the ambiguous statements about the owners funding options. 

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Agreed, and think that this is the perfect scenario for those running Rovers.

They get to keep Szmodics through the summer and benefit from him for the first few weeks of the season, they can try and start some sort of bidding war or charge a premium from a desperate club, they still get him out the door and millions in return, there's little to no time to spend anything the other way and then they can play the victims of circumstance, powerless to do anything but take the money but no time to reinvest.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lraC said:

Clubs could possibly be waiting for the outcome of the court hearing, to see if we are desperate or not, before putting in any bids. That could be another reason I guess for the ambiguous statements about the owners funding options. 

Nah they know we're desperate.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yes the Wharton sale has bought them a bunch of time and breathing space and the August court date will be moved back to after the window, just watch.

Then the Raya money and Sammie sale will be gobbled up in running costs whilst we are then told the owners STILL require court approval to send funds.  Before we know it it's Jan 25 and a full 12 months since they last 'invested' in the usual way and we are in another window.

By then we'll have cashed in c30 million plus in players plus other instalments and just like when that happened last time we'll be on the cusp of relegation.

Lets hope Eustace is a magician and Park has a hat with a rabbit or two in it.

• Like 1