BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

21 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Rudy: “At this time, it’s not the moment to discuss who’s gonna come and who’s gonna leave.”

Mate, we’re 12 days into the fucking transfer window... After miraculously surviving relegation by 3 points, on the last day. 😅

Because he hasn't a clue.

• Like 3

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/football_pics/60947Abube.png

Allnigeriasoccer.com can report with certainty that English Premier League new boys Ipswich Town are on the brink of announcing the signing of Aston Villa's Nigerian midfielder Abube Onuchukwu. 

Only an official confirmation of the deal is pending as the 2005-born player has already put pen to paper on a two-year contract, keeping him at the Tractor Boys until June 30, 2026.

Onuchukwu will officially become an Ipswich Town player on July 1, 2024, a day after his contract with Aston Villa expires. 

Ipswich Town have pulled off a massive transfer coup by bringing him to Portman club, beating several Championship and League One clubs to the signature of the versatile central midfielder. 

Apart from Ipswich Town, Shefield United and Hull City also invited him to attend trials but Onuchukwu had already made up his mind to continue his career with The Blues. 

Stoke City and Blackburn Rovers, plus League One outfit Peterborough United all made approaches to sign him but were unsuccessful. 

Although Onuchukwu played predominantly as a central midfielder while at Aston Villa, Ipswich Town are planning to use him as a left-back and left-sided central defender. 

He joined Aston Villa at U13 level, rising through the youth teams ranks to sign a scholarship deal with the Lions before the start of the 2022-2023 season. 

“ We didn’t want him anyway “ 😉

20 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace has said today he likes an exciting winger and that they’ve formed part of the recruitment discussions. 

Good to know. 

20 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's all feckin bullsh1t IMO.

Keeps @chaddyrovershappy so hey ho.

Keep me happy? I want promotion just like everyone does. I think in Eustace we got a good coach who knows how to set a team defensively, going forward we need to be better attacking wise and show we can attack teams. 

10 hours ago, lraC said:

I think in his heart of hearts, Eustace knows only too well, that we are in big trouble this coming season.

As we know from his statements made so far, he is happy to trot out the kind of stuff that keeps the Rovers officials happy and a certain number of fans too. I also, think he knows deep down that we will not be signing four of five quality players either.

What he apparently stated last night at the Trust meeting about improving on last years finishing position says a lot and I guess reflects the approach we saw to games last year.

He is on a hiding to nothing and with the propaganda  still coming out of the club, sadly, he is only adding to it. 

Really? Eustace had to adapt a different way last season to keep us up and improve the squad morale. I don't agree Eustace knows we are big trouble this coming season, 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

And I'm afraid 4 or 5 is well short of what is really needed after last season's debacle, even if we pull off a 100% success rate and they all turn out to be good. 

But rather than get talk of an overhaul or total rebuild we get 4 or 5 to be competitive. Music to Waggott's ears when 2-3 of them will be loans.

Do we really need an overhaul? We got a good 15/16 players, but we need more good solid players to add to that squad. I don't want to lose any key players, but if the money is too good to turn down or players want to leave then we sell and bring in replacement. 

I think if Eustace wants an exciting winger our best bet might be Siriki Dembele. I have a feeling he likes Ryan Hedges based on the glimpses he saw last season. No news yet on Dolan (and Gallagher) so could be some exits before incomings. Hyam out makes sense too but doubt it'll happen.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to know. 

Keep me happy? I want promotion just like everyone does. I think in Eustace we got a good coach who knows how to set a team defensively, going forward we need to be better attacking wise and show we can attack teams. 

Really? Eustace had to adapt a different way last season to keep us up and improve the squad morale. I don't agree Eustace knows we are big trouble this coming season, 

Do we really need an overhaul? We got a good 15/16 players, but we need more good solid players to add to that squad. I don't want to lose any key players, but if the money is too good to turn down or players want to leave then we sell and bring in replacement. 

if you want to go fishing get a better rod and some fresh bait

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I saw him enough to know that he is nowhere near good enough and has nothing about him that suggests he can ever make it at this level. Maybe his 3 goal Motherwell spell saw him thrive, either way, get shut of him.

So you didn't see his loan spell at Motherwell? That what I asked. Maybe he has develop there and improve. Eustace will decide   

Throw away comments as in not exactly 4 or 5, just as a figure of speech. Stuff about keeping the squad together, how we have a good squad that just needs tweaking, how he will look at players like Vale. Tomasson said similar, hopefully its just confidence building, saying what people want to hear. He isnt going to say that the squad is shit and needs loads of work.

It could well be that he anticipates a low budget so hes having to big up what he has because hes stuck with them. The squad isnt very good, we nearly went down, take Szmodics away and its really poor. Its thin and has lots of deadwood that is not up to standard.

The squad isn't shit at all and the way you talk about this player is shit or etc is total and utter disgrace. 

If you actually look at the squad, its good squad but needs more quality like solid reliable keeper and goalscoring number 9 striker. 

Even you know we need more than that. Youve said we need 7 or 8 players, now Eustace said less you are going with 4 or 5. You correctly suggested we need to spend money, now you keep saying how we can do good business without spending much. Invariably, less money makes it harder and we should have money so no excuses. And you wanted players in by now. But seemingly you also understand why that isnt happening.

Its just low standards, your initial suggestions of money needing to be spent, a good number of players are needed in and that a bit of proactivity is also needed were all bang on. Those expectations are dropping by the day.

No I still think we need 7 or 8 signings this summer but I have including in that number replacing Sigurdsson(Who I think will leave) and possibly having to replace Sammie Szmodics. Positions we need to strength is Keeper, right back, centre back, Right winger and 1/2 strikers. 

Yes I want to spend money of course but there is good players out there on a free or low fee or loans. We should be looking in all areas for good solid quality signings. 

My standards haven't dropped at all. I would think very careful about suggesting these sort of things before. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you didn't see his loan spell at Motherwell? That what I asked. Maybe he has develop there and improve. Eustace will decide   

The squad isn't shit at all and the way you talk about this player is shit or etc is total and utter disgrace. 

If you actually look at the squad, its good squad but needs more quality like solid reliable keeper and goalscoring number 9 striker. 

No I still think we need 7 or 8 signings this summer but I have including in that number replacing Sigurdsson(Who I think will leave) and possibly having to replace Sammie Szmodics. Positions we need to strength is Keeper, right back, centre back, Right winger and 1/2 strikers. 

Yes I want to spend money of course but there is good players out there on a free or low fee or loans. We should be looking in all areas for good solid quality signings. 

My standards haven't dropped at all. I would think very careful about suggesting these sort of things before. 

He is crap, he hasnt suddenly become a different player in 6 months. Obviously Eustace will decide, amidst various factors including budget. Doesnt mean that his decision will be right. If he plans to use him this season then its time to worry.

The squad nearly went down, and would have comfortably without Szmodics. How can it be considered as good when it did so poorly? And you wouldnt want 7 or 8 players (basically a new team, which is correct) if you genuinely believed it was a good squad.

If you think that the current squad is a good one then yes, your standards are too low. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The squad nearly went down, and would have comfortably without Szmodics. How can it be considered as good when it did so poorly? And you wouldnt want 7 or 8 players (basically a new team, which is correct) if you genuinely believed it was a good squad.

The squad was 7th last December then it fell away badly and we ended up in relegation battle which we should have never been in. 

wanting 7 or 8 signings isn't a new team either. We need a squad of 22 to 24 players going forward. 

The squad is a good one and players like Brittain, Hyam, Carter, JRC, Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, Pickering, Dolan, Hedges, Gallagher, Szmodics, O'Riordan, Leonard, Pears and Sigurdsson are good players at this level but we lack that quality number 9 goalscoring striker and solid reliable keeper plus 4/5 more signings from having a good squad. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you think that the current squad is a good one then yes, your standards are too low. 

My standards haven't dropped at all. I would think very careful about suggesting these sort of things

• Downvote 2

Anybody here remember when our summer transfer windows where an exciting time! now I genuinely just want it over...honestly couldn't give a feck its just all to tedious and soul destroying.

The Clubs just going to be in a forever Limbo/purgatory for as long as the Raos and their hired goons are running the circus.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The squad was 7th last December then it fell away badly and we ended up in relegation battle which we should have never been in. 

wanting 7 or 8 signings isn't a new team either. We need a squad of 22 to 24 players going forward. 

The squad is a good one and players like Brittain, Hyam, Carter, JRC, Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, Pickering, Dolan, Hedges, Gallagher, Szmodics, O'Riordan, Leonard, Pears and Sigurdsson are good players at this level but we lack that quality number 9 goalscoring striker and solid reliable keeper plus 4/5 more signings from having a good squad. 

My standards haven't dropped at all. I would think very careful about suggesting these sort of things

Why? and what does that comment even mean?? are you going to go crying to the mods as usual, bloody mard arse.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m sure Football Insider is a dingle! We’ve lost out on about 12 players already this summer according to that account. 

It doesn't matter what players we miss out on. What matters is the quality of the ones we do get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to know. 

Yes we do. We survived by the narrowest of margins and are totally reliant on one player to score all our goals.

Our form from December to May was totally unacceptable and unfortunately that means a lot of these players need replacing with better. 

That's if the club has any ambition. Which it doesn't. So it will stick and save money and effort and hope for the best. That doesn't mean we have a good squad, it just means the powers that be are too tight and lazy to overhaul it.

• Like 2