BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes we do. We survived by the narrowest of margins and are totally reliant on one player to score all our goals.

Our form from December to May was totally unacceptable and unfortunately that means a lot of these players need replacing with better. 

That's if the club has any ambition. Which it doesn't. So it will stick and save money and effort and hope for the best. That doesn't mean we have a good squad, it just means the powers that be are too tight and lazy to overhaul it.

Most of the players I named where part of the squad that finished 7th the previous season and up to December we were 7th. After December our form was awful and Squad morale rock bottom according to different opinions. Eustace took us back to basics and keeping clean sheets. His comments at the We Are The Rovers AGM we're telling. We draw too many games. Lack firepower in the final third. We don't overhaul, but we 7 or 8 good quality signings this summer. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most of the players I named where part of the squad that finished 7th the previous season and up to December we were 7th. After December our form was awful and Squad morale rock bottom according to different opinions. Eustace took us back to basics and keeping clean sheets. His comments at the We Are The Rovers AGM we're telling. We draw too many games. Lack firepower in the final third. We don't overhaul, but we 7 or 8 good quality signings this summer. 

Eustace isn't going to turn around and say we need a complete rebuild and substantial spending. He knows he isn't getting it and to say that publicly would ostracise half the current squad.

He's a company man and company policy is that there's no cash so incomings will be restricted to a few positions.

In the last three seasons we have collapsed after January. That's either because we have a small squad unable to sustain results over a full season or due to mental weakness 

Either way big incomings needed to stop it happening again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The squad was 7th last December then it fell away badly and we ended up in relegation battle which we should have never been in. 

wanting 7 or 8 signings isn't a new team either. We need a squad of 22 to 24 players going forward. 

The squad is a good one and players like Brittain, Hyam, Carter, JRC, Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, Pickering, Dolan, Hedges, Gallagher, Szmodics, O'Riordan, Leonard, Pears and Sigurdsson are good players at this level but we lack that quality number 9 goalscoring striker and solid reliable keeper plus 4/5 more signings from having a good squad. 

My standards haven't dropped at all. I would think very careful about suggesting these sort of things

You’re calling out Riordan as a good player at this level…. How…. I’m pretty sure he’s never even played at this level so how can he be a good player at it. 

That’s embarrassing even for you lol.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You’re calling out Riordan as a good player at this level…. How…. I’m pretty sure he’s never even played at this level so how can he be a good player at it. 

That’s embarrassing even for you lol.

He’s also said Pears is good at this level  but we lack a solid reliable keeper 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s in the post above the one you quoted 

Well then no offence but you need to learn to read these things properly. They didn't definitively say that. They implied it though and it is clearly the impression that they are trying to give.

I know you're not stupid enough to believe that there's nothing wrong and all is fine but if you want to go after Waggot or anyone else with claims of "fake news" and you're going to use this as your ammunition, don't be surprised if you end up getting annihilated.

2 hours ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

IMG_1101.png

Think we will see lots of these stories 'beaten off interest from Blackburn', 'Blackburn lost out etc'.

The cynic inside me thinks the 'interest from Blackburn' etc is all fuelled from Ewood and is meant purely to make the happy clappers and gullible think things are happening and we are actually trying to sign players! 

As the window comes to an end, we will be choosing from the unwanted dross remaining on the shelves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Back to basics is a kind way to put it. Terrible football and terrible results is not something to be happy about. More like he brought in a loser mentality and erased the attacking football that saw us finish 7th previously. But at least I guess he is cheap and will not complain about Venky/Waggott/Suhail scumbaggery.

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think we will see lots of these stories 'beaten off interest from Blackburn', 'Blackburn lost out etc'.

The cynic inside me thinks the 'interest from Blackburn' etc is all fuelled from Ewood and is meant purely to make the happy clappers and gullible think things are happening and we are actually trying to sign players! 

As the window comes to an end, we will be choosing from the unwanted dross remaining on the shelves.

I don't think it's anything as sinister as that.

I've no doubt that we've enquired about these players and have been outbid for all of them. We're operating on a L1 budget and we'll be offering L1 wages. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Really? Eustace reckons he's gone?

No, Chaddy does.

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

At this time of year, agents are busy linking their players here there and everywhere to get the best deal. Thats all it is.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Well then no offence but you need to learn to read these things properly. They didn't definitively say that. They implied it though and it is clearly the impression that they are trying to give.

I know you're not stupid enough to believe that there's nothing wrong and all is fine but if you want to go after Waggot or anyone else with claims of "fake news" and you're going to use this as your ammunition, don't be surprised if you end up getting annihilated.

It’s funny, but the other person who accused me of making it up conceded I wasn’t when they read what the club  had said. So, I’d suggest it’s you who needs to learn to read. 

The annihilated part is funny though. Thanks for the laugh. 

51 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s funny, but the other person who accused me of making it up conceded I wasn’t when they read what the club  had said. So, I’d suggest it’s you who needs to learn to read. 

The annihilated part is funny though. Thanks for the laugh. 

I do a lot of this contract stuff for a living and the difference between a phrase like 'can do' and 'should be able to' is absolutely colossal.

If you attempt to hold someone like Waggot to account over something like this when they said 'should be able to' and you've interpreted it as 'can do' then you'll end up being fed a length.

This is the last I'll say on the matter.

Any transfer news?

Of course not it's venkys F.C.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I do a lot of this contract stuff for a living and the difference between a phrase like 'can do' and 'should be able to' is absolutely colossal.

If you attempt to hold someone like Waggot to account over something like this when they said 'should be able to' and you've interpreted it as 'can do' then you'll end up being fed a length.

This is the last I'll say on the matter.

Any transfer news?

Of course not it's venkys F.C.

Who mentioned contracts? 

Annihilated. Fed a length. You use weirdly aggressive language 🤣

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Eustace isn't going to turn around and say we need a complete rebuild and substantial spending. He knows he isn't getting it and to say that publicly would ostracise half the current squad.

He's a company man and company policy is that there's no cash so incomings will be restricted to a few positions.

In the last three seasons we have collapsed after January. That's either because we have a small squad unable to sustain results over a full season or due to mental weakness 

Either way big incomings needed to stop it happening again.

We don't agree yet again. 

You want a massive squad overhaul. I want around 7 née signings. 

Who says there is 'no Cash'? 

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

He’s also said Pears is good at this level  but we lack a solid reliable keeper 🤷‍♂️

Pears can be good on his day like Leeds or Leicester away but can made mistakes like Sheff Wed away 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes also named Gallagher and Leonard yet considers (rightly) a striker to be the priority. And also Sigurdsson who he thinks will be sold.

Gallagher isn't a goalscorer to score 15 plus at this level. Leonard is young but shown his worth last season. 

No I think Sigurdsson will ask to move on actually

Also how you can complain about people opinions when you can't answer the most straight forward and simple question is beyond me tbh. 

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think it's anything as sinister as that.

I've no doubt that we've enquired about these players and have been outbid for all of them. We're operating on a L1 budget and we'll be offering L1 wages. 

The most worrying thing for me is that despite the club stating on 18th May, over a month ago, that contracts have been offered to numerous youngsters, not one of them has yet been confirmed as having signed. 

"Isaac Whitehall, Jalil Saadi and Alex Baker have all been offered new deals with the club, whilst the following scholars have been offered their first professional contracts: Lewis Bell, Rhys Doherty, Solomon Honor, Adam Khan, Matty Litherland, Paul Murphy-Worrell, Junior Nsangou, Brandon Powell and Zack Stritch."

And the club have not even announced the youth intake for this season, which in the past had normally been done in May

2023 Youth intake - 15th May

2022 Youth Intake - 23rd May

Does this mean that Rovers  are not even offering terms which are acceptable to players wanting their first ever pro contracts or even scholarship terms?  Or just that communication from the club to the fans has sunk to new levels?  Either way, its not good.

Edit - A further possibility is that contracts have been "agreed in principle" but the funds are not (or at least not yet) available to legally complete and fund these deals, which is again very worrying when we are talking about scholars and 1st pro deals which are generally no more than a few hundred pounds a week.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 6

Looking at the photographs of pre season training I haven't seen McFadzean or Fleck on any of them. I wouldn't have thought either will have too many offers from other clubs which leads me to believe that they can't agree terms with McFadzean and Fleck can't prove his fitness.

I don’t want to linger the point but I do think 7 or 8 players is basically a squad overhaul. I guess it depends if we bring in first teamers or squad fillers. I’d argue that we don’t need any more squad filers as we have enough of those. What we need is quality in the starting line up.

On that basis Id actually be happy if we bought in less than 7/8 players as long as they were quality championship standard who would go straight into the starting line up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't agree yet again. 

You want a massive squad overhaul. I want around 7 née signings. 

Who says there is 'no Cash'? 

Pears can be good on his day like Leeds or Leicester away but can made mistakes like Sheff Wed away 

Gallagher isn't a goalscorer to score 15 plus at this level. Leonard is young but shown his worth last season. 

No I think Sigurdsson will ask to move on actually

Also how you can complain about people opinions when you can't answer the most straight forward and simple question is beyond me tbh. 

Which is exactly why he's a No.2 and not good enough to be a No.1 at this level.

• Like 3