BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

My mind would be more at ease if the club just communicated with us , do we have money to spend or not?…Like riddlesdale at Nobbers, he’s clearly communicated that they have a decent budget, “better than last season”…They think they have it bad!!!

Maybe it’s because they still don’t know which is beyond mental but not surprising.

Rudy did communicate in his new role as head of football that he would prefer it if nobody asked him about transfers. 

He’s also very keen on improving communication with fans.🤣

You couldn’t make this shit up! 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Are you just going to keep saying this until you’re eventually right? 

To be fair, I don't think we have been at this point before.

The court hearing is less than two months away and I have to agree, that the outcome of this will be critical to our immediate future. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

My mind would be more at ease if the club just communicated with us , do we have money to spend or not?…Like riddlesdale at Nobbers, he’s clearly communicated that they have a decent budget, “better than last season”…They think they have it bad!!!

Maybe it’s because they still don’t know which is beyond mental but not surprising.

Communicated? Even when they do its a pack of lies so what's the point.

Club is rotten.

22 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Rudy did communicate in his new role as head of football that he would prefer it if nobody asked him about transfers. 

In fairness, it is possible to have communication without actually stating that we have £xM to spend, a  wage budget of y, and that our main targets are players a, b & c.  Even if it was to say nothing more than the budget is more/less/equal to last season 

But since Gestede signed up, I don't recall hearing anything from him at all.  (I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong there)

Edited by KentExile

21 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Not even surprising at this point is it 😅

I heavily dislike Rudy myself... just feel like I can see right through him. He's an absolute snake who has absolutely no love for Blackburn Rovers, and will once again see us as nothing but a stepping stone.

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Let's get this clear.

IMO, the Blackburn Rovers business, even for a football club, defies all conventional logic in terms of funding, operational management and decision making.  Eventually, the deck of cards will collapse and if my thoughts and feelings are correct, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth when the facts emerge. 

I think our opinions are pretty much aligned.

I don't think people realise how serious this court matter is. They are accused of tax fraud and money laundering and that will not be an easy, oh sorry we pressed the wrong button, type of way out for them. In my opinion, even the length of time, between the original hearing in February and the new one in August, makes me suspect there is a lot of evidence being gathered. 

As for not affecting Rovers, if that was the case, then why does some apparent tax changes, mean a 20% drop in funding, yet their properties being seized and them potentially being clobbered even further doesn't?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Will just get delayed again I reckon.

Given that there has been no funding sent since November, if that is the case, then the future funding is almost certainly not happening either.

Personally I think it will go ahead and I think it will result in a bad outcome for the owners, but that's just my best guess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Will just get delayed again I reckon.

I think that will hinge on what installments were are getting from Adam Wharton and whether we get our hands on the Szmodics and Raya cash before then. If we get the full lot I expect the hearing to be put back for a few more months whilst that money is used to keep the lights on. If they aren't sold and we don't get that extra cash then the hearing may well have to take place as without it is goodnight Vienna.

6 minutes ago, KentExile said:

In fairness, it is possible to have communication without actually stating that we have £xM to spend, a  wage budget of y, and that our main targets are players a, b & c.  Even if it was to say nothing more than the budget is more/less/equal to last season 

But since Gestede signed up, I don't recall hearing anything from him at all.  (I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong there)

He’s done interviews. My point was he was asked at the WATR AGM and said he wasn’t prepared to discuss transfers. Eustace was.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KentExile said:

It's simple.

All that needs saying is 'we have a budget to work to and we will be endeavouring to improve the depth and quality of the squad'

You only say nothing when you have nothing to work with!

Not all the fans are gullible fools.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's simple.

All that needs saying is 'we have a budget to work to and we will be endeavouring to improve the depth and quality of the squad'

You only say nothing when you have nothing to work with!

Not all the fans are gullible fools.

I agree. I can’t work out if he’s already proven himself shit at communicating and just said the wrong thing, or if he knows that behind the scenes that they still haven’t agreed a budget and the manager is already pissed off. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Not even surprising at this point is it 😅

I heavily dislike Rudy myself... just feel like I can see right through him. He's an absolute snake who has absolutely no love for Blackburn Rovers, and will once again see us as nothing but a stepping stone.

I get why you’d feel a bit put out by us being a stepping stone, but that’s life really. No one in football is going to be there dreaming of working at Rovers and calling it quits there.

They’ll all have aspirations of going higher, as they should. They do that by doing a good job, so hopefully that’s where we benefit. If he’s any good…

• Like 3

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

I get why you’d feel a bit put out by us being a stepping stone, but that’s life really. No one in football is going to be there dreaming of working at Rovers and calling it quits there.

They’ll all have aspirations of going higher, as they should. They do that by doing a good job, so hopefully that’s where we benefit. If he’s any good…

Correct, Siggy literaly told the press that he wanted to come to the championship to get a better chance of being in the Prem…There is no loyalty in anyone and I don’t really blame them if it means a huge rise in salary.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Correct, Siggy literaly told the press that he wanted to come to the championship to get a better chance of being in the Prem…There is no loyalty in anyone and I don’t really blame them if it means a huge rise in salary.

TBH I prefer that honest approach over a player kissing the badge one week and then going on strike the next week to secure a move away.

If I was head of FIFA, I would write it into football law that every time a player kisses his club badge, he has his weekly salary reduced by 10% and a year added to his contract (as he is obviously so committed to his current club) 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Footballers are employees not fans, in the same way that 99% of us would change jobs for a better salary and/or conditions it is churlish to expect players to be any different. 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
Too emotive and fed up (not at you Lancaster Rovers

Mercer with his annual prediction that we are about to go under and how "the warning signs" are flashing.

Chaddy with his annual analysis that we have a good squad, echoing the manager that it just needs a bit of help and predicting that money will be spent and we will have a play off push to look forward to.

Likelihood is another summer of frugality and an underwhelming campaign again but one that will last a full course without the club ceasing to exist.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It also highlights the state of journalism these days. Somebody said it on here yesterday and was spot on, it is in the main, PR and brainwashing.

This lot have had properties seized in India, are under Court investigation over there and seemingly require Court permission to send funds over, yet not one of the national newspapers in this country has reported on any of this. Why not?

The reports and links that many of us have seen in this regard have come from India or other sources abroad.

The argument that they (the nationals) aren't interested in Rovers has some truth to it, but the owners of an English Football Club being investigated abroad and having properties seized is surely a newsworthy story? No? It's a real possibility that without the fans discovering this, none of us may have been any the wiser.

Instead of such reporting, we are treated to, imo, disgusting PR around these tossers. The local paper running a headline a couple of weeks ago about how Rovers could be worse off without Venky's.

We've seen that podcast prick and his agent buddy trotting out how fantastic and loyal Venky's are. Then we've got knobheads on twitter spouting the 'Venky's are the best owners in the UK' tripe, whilst blaming everything on the long suffering fans.

Am I living in some sort of alternate reality? WTF is going on here? There's no better example of fiction being better than reality than the absolute bullshit around Venky's and Rovers.

They've near enough destroyed our club and reduced it to this state. Drove away 10,000 fans. Lowered the standards every year. Done nothing to put things right and have now turned us into a development club, scrambling around for any kids we can get on loan. From a solid Premier League club to a development club that is on the verge of L1 again. Reality.

"Without Venky's Rovers would be in trouble. Fantastic owners. They don't get the respect they deserve. Best owners in the UK. They have been so generous, we need to give them something back. The owners really want promotion, they had it tough during the pandemic but still kept up with funds, they are fantastic. Oh, the court hearing, it's just a minor misunderstanding, it will be cleared up soon and doesn't affect Rovers".

Fiction.

For the outsiders looking on...it's quite simple. Where were Blackburn Rovers in October 2010 before these owners arrived and where are they today?

Fantastic owners? What a load of shit! We see through the PR.

Fully agree.

Unfortunately however for as long as the bills are paid and bailiffs are kept away from the door there will always remain a large number of people, internal and external, who will insist that they are good owners. It matters not to them that these owners have created most of our problems, that their presence is one of the reasons we are so stuffed financially, that they have dragged this club into the gutter with them.

A lazy and simplistic way of looking at it. Basically it is bills paid on time = good owners. The minute we hit defaulting on payments, wages being paid late or administration all that lot will start to take more of an interest and hold Venkys more responsible. Until then they share the Venky attitude which is that they pay the bills so that entitles them to do whatever they please with impunity.

The local media have proven themselves to be a waste of space. Developments like there have been here with the Indian legal action are massive potentially club defining events and yet way too much hassle and risk for them to get involved in. Lets just ask slippery Steve for his view of things and print his account out verbatim.

It was the fans with the good power of the internet who rumbled the Brockhall plans and then suddenly the club and Telegraph clicked into gear and started catching up.

It was the fans with the internet who rumbled the owners' legal issues in India.

Without the fans and the internet the owners, club and local media would have kept us in the dark indefinitely. They treat us with contempt.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

A Director of Football that has never signed a footballer. Not suprised he doesnt want to have questions asked as he wont have the first clue what he is supposed to do.

• Like 3