BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Recruitment team currently got transfermarkt open looking at free agents. Standouts for me...

Ian Poveda - free

Aaron Connelly - free 

Matty James - free - (simply because he was born in bacup)

Paddy Mcnair - free 

If we are looking at people who are apparently a ticking time bomb

Brandon Williams - free, after being released by Man Utd - looked ok for Ipswich on loan, prior to allegedly crashing his car whilst high on NOS without car insurance,  His alleged misdemeanours may have forced him to drop his wage demands to a manageable level if he wants to stay in the North West

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt have poveda here if he offered to play for nothing,fat,unfit and always injured

Poveda, when fit, is as good as any winger in the championship. He was a very key part of Sheff Wednesday survival.

He’s a dribbler and is very direct, something we can only dream of…He’s on a free, so we should be all over him…After his spell at Sheff Wed, working under an exciting manager, he will no doubt end up there…I would anyway.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Poveda, when fit, is as good as any winger in the championship. He was a very key part of Sheff Wednesday survival.

He’s a dribbler and is very direct, something we can only dream of…He’s on a free, so we should be all over him…After his spell at Sheff Wed, working under an exciting manager, he will no doubt end up there…I would anyway.

did you watch him when he was on loan here🤣the very opposite of useful

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

did you watch him when he was on loan here🤣the very opposite of useful

I thought he was decent in all honesty, Sheff united at home he ran the show…Obviously picked up an injury and it looks like that’s his downfall…Also have a look at the manger he was working under, he would of flourished under JDT. Look at the impact he made at Sheff Wednesday, they almost won every game he played…Let spin it the other way, he’s miles better than any of the “wingers” we have - At least he has the ability to beat his man.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I thought he was decent in all honesty, Sheff united at home he ran the show…Obviously picked up an injury and it looks like that’s his downfall…Have a look at the impact he made at Sheff Wednesday, they almost won every game he played…Let spin it the other way, he’s miles better than any of the “wingers” we have - At least he has the ability to beat his man.

we all have our opinions!!! id`e be after the lad who was on loan at blackpool last year,dembele,he was their main creative outlet and he`s just been released by his club brest,you would have to question though,why celtic were soon shut of him and why he`s been let go  from a french 2nd division club,i don`t suppose a short term contract offer would do us any harm,don`t think he`s been picked up by anybody yet

• Like 1

Being the heads of a billion pound business and being able to syphon profits off over here propping up a football club they mostly ignore and leave a mate and a grifter to run doesn't necessarily add up to being great owners.

The question is why and what they get out of it because it obviously serves them some purpose or other.

That's the only way any of our fans should be looking at it especially now it's all come on top for them in India.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we all have our opinions!!! id`e be after the lad who was on loan at blackpool last year,dembele,he was their main creative outlet and he`s just been released by his club brest,you would have to question though,why celtic were soon shut of him and why he`s been let go  from a french 2nd division club,i don`t suppose a short term contract offer would do us any harm,don`t think he`s been picked up by anybody yet

100% agree on Dembele - rumours is that Brest are releasing him so again, we should be looking. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fully agree.

Unfortunately however for as long as the bills are paid and bailiffs are kept away from the door there will always remain a large number of people, internal and external, who will insist that they are good owners. It matters not to them that these owners have created most of our problems, that their presence is one of the reasons we are so stuffed financially, that they have dragged this club into the gutter with them.

A lazy and simplistic way of looking at it. Basically it is bills paid on time = good owners. The minute we hit defaulting on payments, wages being paid late or administration all that lot will start to take more of an interest and hold Venkys more responsible. Until then they share the Venky attitude which is that they pay the bills so that entitles them to do whatever they please with impunity.

Agree with everything said and have highlighted this as it is this lazy narrative that infuriates me. Never mind the regression on the pitch. Never mind the lack of investment in the transfer market. Never mind having to make do with kids in the squad. Never mind the mess in the Boardroom. The bills are being paid. Is that what the game has come to? Let's wheel out the 'we've paid the bills trophy' and have Waggott's smiley mug on the website. That's about this lot's level. It is the bit in bold along with things like 'but look at Bury' which has caused a lot of damage in our fanbase, imo. Constant repetition of 'but but who else will buy us' and 'but but £20m'. The people who use this (agenda driven outsiders can piss off) and those who accept this as a defence of the ownership have, imo, lost sight of what the game is about and what made them fall in love with football and Rovers in the first place.

This has been said before, but since when is billionaires carrying out a legal duty in paying the bills for a club they own, something to be commended and made a massive deal out of? It's their flaming duty to pay the bills, no matter the amount. It comes with the territory. Where else do we hear this sort of praise in top level football? Can't pay, too much to pay? Leave. It's not for you. Sell to somebody else. We aren't dealing with near paupers here facing a difficult choice whether to fund the club or not, who heroically and out of the kindness of their hearts manage to find the money to keep the club going. Yet the PR would have us believe that's the case. These are the only owners being praised for paying the bills and when considering the state they have the club in now, from where they picked it up, it's pathetic.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I can confirm that in my guise as podcast host for 4000 Holes I have had interviews with journalists from The Athletic, the Sunday Mirror, the i & When Saturday Comes magazine - stories which all made it to press. I’ve also been on TalkSport on multiple occasions highlighting the Indian court issues so there are outlets following this story…

That you have and fair play for doing so. I particularly liked seeing the piece in The Athletic where you talked about the need to raise standards, us currently being a "nothing club" and the explanation provided regarding the Court situation. It summed up a lot of our thoughts, I felt. Let's hope some of those that you spoke with are waiting to see what happens in August before putting more out there.

The point I was getting at was, that at present, if anybody was to type any variant of "Venky's investigation" or "Venky's properties seized" etc into Google, they would find no UK tabloid source that comes up with a story about it. Such a story, imo, should have had more press attention in the UK than it has at present. That isn't a slight on your efforts in any way though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I thought he was decent in all honesty, Sheff united at home he ran the show…Obviously picked up an injury and it looks like that’s his downfall…Also have a look at the manger he was working under, he would of flourished under JDT. Look at the impact he made at Sheff Wednesday, they almost won every game he played…Let spin it the other way, he’s miles better than any of the “wingers” we have - At least he has the ability to beat his man.

Sheff Utd he played very well, but didn't he then get injured, again? He only made 10 appearances for us, same as at Sheff Weds. Most he's played in a season is 26 appearances for Blackpool. There's some talent there, but there's also an inconsistent player who's hampered by fitness concerns.

5 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yep, looks likely that he will end up at Wednesday. I think he would be well worth a shout, definitely has talent.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Sheff Utd he played very well, but didn't he then get injured, again? He only made 10 appearances for us, same as at Sheff Weds. Most he's played in a season is 26 appearances for Blackpool. There's some talent there, but there's also an inconsistent player who's hampered by fitness concerns.

I'm saying he was brilliant against Sheff Utd, but like you say he got injured next game. I'd certainly welcome him back. 

47 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It's reportedly agreed.

We are probably waiting for Suhail to get the green light from his overlords.

Maybe it has been agreed that if he has not sorted out a new club by 20th August then he will sign for Rovers if the Indian courts allow it? 😉 

Poveda and Khadra in the Sheffield home game were incredible - they tore Sheffield to pieces.

Sadly it was one game in that season / half-season.

Lad has talent, but he's either made of glass or he doesn't look after his body well enough. Either way, we can't afford to take that risk.

• Like 3