BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy with his annual analysis that we have a good squad, echoing the manager that it just needs a bit of help and predicting that money will be spent and we will have a play off push to look forward to.

I said well before Eustace said it actually. the squad needs around 7 signings as I explained before how I get to 7 signings. 

6 hours ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Recruitment team currently got transfermarkt open looking at free agents. Standouts for me...

Aaron Connelly - free 

Paddy Mcnair - free 

Would take both, but it all about what budget we have. 

I would take Jerry Yates from Swansea or Ryan Hardie for our main striker target. 

I would take Josh Bowler on a free as right winger signing we need. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Maybe it has been agreed that if he has not sorted out a new club by 20th August then he will sign for Rovers if the Indian courts allow it? 😉 

Blimey, if that’s true it shows how badly affected we are by the Raos plight.

Not even as If there’s a fee involved.

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Being the heads of a billion pound business and being able to syphon profits off over here propping up a football club they mostly ignore and leave a mate and a grifter to run doesn't necessarily add up to being great owners.

The question is why and what they get out of it because it obviously serves them some purpose or other.

That's the only way any of our fans should be looking at it especially now it's all come on top for them in India.

There's always been rumblings of suspected money laundering.

I read a bit about money laundering in sports and football in particular. Venkys ownership of Rovers ticked a lot of boxes when it came to that.

Then there's the Directorate Of Enforcement who's number one mandate is tackling money laundering.

Still, I'm sure all that is just a wild conspiracy theory and the real cause of fourteen years of absolute shit is all down them being "badly advised" and "disinterested".

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I think a few believe in this poster, having the inside track. It has been clear to me since my meeting with Waggott in November, then the subsequent two adjournments, that this is very much the case.

Despite some people still believing they can send funds, in reality they haven’t and in my opinion won’t, until they win the case, which I doubt they will.

I have been counting down the days to the August hearing, as I firmly believe it’s going to be one of the most crucial days, in our history. 

the last 14 years should be airbrushed from our history

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lraC said:

Despite some people still believing they can send funds, in reality they haven’t and in my opinion won’t, until they win the case, which I doubt they will.

To be clear, it’s the BRFC who have said the owners can send funds. It’s ’some people’ who think they can’t. 

I think that’s an important distinction to make. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OssyLad said:

I’d love this to be true 🙏🏼🙏🏼

IMG_3513.jpeg

Although any further delays with regards to funding would seriously jeapordise our Chanpionship status given how poor our squad is, 99.99% of us would take the above scenario if it meant they finally cleared off. I’ll get the bubbly on ice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

To be clear, it’s the BRFC who have said the owners can send funds. It’s ’some people’ who think they can’t. 

I think that’s an important distinction to make. 

I think that message was the obscure one, where the phrase used related to funding the club without impediment. This seems to have been rolled out by Elliott Jackson, not the club, but an actual quote saying they can send funds from India to the UK to fund Rovers has not been made, so far as I’m aware.

There is a big difference, despite the inference and given that no funds have been sent since November, I remain sceptical. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think that message was the obscure one, where the phrase used related to funding the club without impediment. This seems to have been rolled out by Elliott Jackson, not the club, but an actual quote saying they can send funds from India to the UK to fund Rovers has not been made, so far as I’m aware.

There is a big difference, despite the inference and given that no funds have been sent since November, I remain sceptical. 

No, it was the club who said it. 

10 hours ago, OssyLad said:

IMG_3513.jpeg

After fourteen years of this lot we have had so many false dawns before so I take them with a pinch of salt but for some reason this one has got the juices flowing.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

In your opinion it matters, in mine it doesn't.

Your opinion is irrelevant. The discussion was about who said what, not whether what was said was impactful. 

Try to actually engage with what is going on instead of always playing the contrarian. 

Edited by Forever Blue

10 hours ago, OssyLad said:

IMG_3513.jpeg

This tweeter has been right on a few things. What this tweet doesn’t explain is why the court date in August is so important in relation to Venkys ownership of Rovers. 

Again, BRFC said the court date in August had nothing to do with Rovers. So what is the bigger picture here? Would losing the court case have ramifications for Venky’s ability to send any money overseas for any reason, not just to Rovers. 

Sadly the tweet lacks any detail. 

7 hours ago, lraC said:

I think a few believe in this poster, having the inside track. It has been clear to me since my meeting with Waggott in November, then the subsequent two adjournments, that this is very much the case.

I have been counting down the days to the August hearing, as I firmly believe it’s going to be one of the most crucial days, in our history. 

Although I don't know who would actually do anything but if the club isn't being funded by the owners due to their illegal activity, isn't their anyway someone can step in and do something about this?

I mean, they can't possibly be deemed fit and proper by the EFL if they can't fund the club as they are under investigation for fraud?

(I know the EFL are a complete and utter joke)

We have been forced to sell Wharton, our now record fee, in order to keep the lights on, all because the owners are (potentially) criminals, doesn't feel right.

• Like 1