BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I think Eustace will look to build a compact team with pace in the wide areas physicality up front. That is how he had success with Birmingham.

Unfortunately looks like he will need to do it on a shoe string. 

I can imagine Travis and Tronstadt both being in. Szmodics, Gallagher and Dolan to be sold and replaced.

He cannot be judged on last season. We were wide open as a team when he came in, conceding 2 or 3 goals a game.

All my opinions of course!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

"The ongoing court case in India is now related only to technical and procedural issues involving Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt Ltd (VHPL) and should have no future impact on the owners being able to continue to fund the club"

Putting aside the club's track record for inconsistency, confusion and inaccuracies the above promises absolutely nothing.

The word should very carefully placed.

Quite fortunately for them since this statement was made we've managed to bring in many millions from player sales which I'm sure will have been used towards running costs, likely avoiding the need for the owners to even need to send money over.

It's what happens when that money runs out that's going to be the interesting bit.

As a few have already recognised and posted as such, this statement is cleverly worded (use of should), however, also be very aware of other content in the statement:

only to technical and procedural issues - different countries have their own variation on rules, regulations and nuances covering companies and their financial governance (financial transactions, operations, compliance and disclosures etc.).

IMO, the word only vastly downplays the potential gravity of the offence(s) and implications.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

From watching that stream of the AGM the biggest issue affecting the club (funding) was not even mentioned. Which is astonishing really. (I may have missed it though so apologies if so, but I don’t think I did)

The only thing asked was about transfer budgets, which Gestede dismissed as it wasn’t a the right time to discuss it. 

The situation with funding and the court case was discussed at the MoU meeting with Steve Waggott about a month ago - this is when the vague 'should be no impediment' statement was made. There is no way the manager or newly appointed Head of football were going to contradict this at the AGM.

The club has NEVER stated that funds can currently be sent from India. They have only stated that the owners can still fund the club ( player sales, loans etc ).

The court hearing in August is simply Venky's asking for permission to send funds out of India while they are under embargo. It's not about the way they run Rovers but if they are not allowed to send money out of the country then the implications are obvious.

Steve Waggott said to me personally that  'a precedent was set at the first hearing and Venky's were allowed to send funds in November so there shouldn't be a problem'.  On that basis, my understanding is that he expects them to be able to send funds again after the next hearing - but that was before the hearing was postponed in March.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The club has NEVER stated that funds can currently be sent from India. They have only stated that the owners can still fund the club ( player sales, loans etc ).

The court hearing in August is simply Venky's asking for permission to send funds out of India while they are under embargo. It's not about the way they run Rovers but if they are not allowed to send money out of the country then the implications are obvious. 

Thought Venky’s had to post a bond for every equivalent rupee they send to the UK? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Thought Venky’s had to post a bond for every equivalent rupee they send to the UK? 

That is correct.

IF they get permission to send money they must match it with a payment to the Government department to be held as security. That applied to the funds sent in November and will probably apply to future funding should they get permission to send any - unless the hearing in August has a different ruling to the previous hearing. It could be a different judge ?

33 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Wasn't that just nonsense or was it true?

Just seen above that is the case if they permission, which they currently do not.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The situation with funding and the court case was discussed at the MoU meeting with Steve Waggott about a month ago - this is when the vague 'should be no impediment' statement was made. There is no way the manager or newly appointed Head of football were going to contradict this at the AGM.

The court hearing in August is simply Venky's asking for permission to send funds out of India while they are under embargo. It's not about the way they run Rovers but if they are not allowed to send money out of the country then the implications are obviou

It's also to do with how they purchased Anderton House which is why the judge in the previous hearing deferred it because it was going to take some time to hear the case.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

"The ongoing court case in India is now related only to technical and procedural issues involving Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt Ltd (VHPL) and should have no future impact on the owners being able to continue to fund the club"

‘Technical and procedural” issues just like tying up £15 million in a bond which they may not get back every time they decide to send £15 million towards Ewood.

I don’t believe they want to do that. If they did they could have done that instead of selling Wharton and jeopardising our Championship status. Therefore they will wait till the court case hoping that problem goes away.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

‘Technical and procedural” issues just like tying up £15 million in a bond which they may not get back every time they decide to send £15 million towards Ewood.

I don’t believe they want to do that. If they did they could have done that instead of selling Wharton and jeopardising our Championship status. Therefore they will wait till the court case hoping that problem goes away.

I suspect that the Adam Wharton money will keep the lights on comfortably until August, especially when added to season ticket cash and a few installments on media and commercial income.

I also suspect that Waggott will be instructed to sell anyone who a reasonable cash bid comes in for, and in particular Szmodics, because if they get a good offer for him that will probably be enough to keep the show on the road until March 2025. 

I think if they are absolutely forced to then the owners will do the necessary in August to fund the club. This includes depositing the required bond in India. But before then they will do whatever they can to avoid or delay that, which of course means player sales and cost cuts.

So expect Szmodics gone, the Raya money used and also 'big' earners like Gallagher, Travis and Sigurdsson moved along. The first two will also attract Championship interest and cash bids. Sigurdsson probably overseas interest.

I doubt Waggott really knows much more than the plan for the time being and the need for him to make cuts and sales to help the owners in advance of August.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

From watching that stream of the AGM the biggest issue affecting the club (funding) was not even mentioned. Which is astonishing really. (I may have missed it though so apologies if so, but I don’t think I did)

The only thing asked was about transfer budgets, which Gestede dismissed as it wasn’t a the right time to discuss it. 

And praising Gestede likes hes a hero.

Not one question on the Wharton money or anything.

Not one question on the academy where we haven't announced anything RE professional contracts .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I can't help thinking administration would be a better option..

It's coming , better sooner than later in my opinion.

I would imagine the dozens and dozens of staff who would lose their jobs as a consequence, through no fault of their own, would disagree with you.

Mortgages to pay, families to feed , but hey-ho, tough shit.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I would imagine the dozens and dozens of staff who would lose their jobs as a consequence, through no fault of their own, would disagree with you.

Mortgages to pay, families to feed , but hey-ho, tough shit.

So , we just carry on and let these cretinous owners , do their worst ?

They won't stop , til we are in oblivion!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

So , we just carry on and let these cretinous owners , do their worst ?

They won't stop , til we are in oblivion!

No, I believe like some others that the Venkys era is  gradually coming to its end.

Sell the club by all means , but please, administration is the absolute worst of all possibilities for the club and it's staff.

• Like 4

Once the club is in the hands of new ownership, which generally doesn't take that long with football administration, I'd expect most of the old jobs would be recreated, and some new ones. If we have owners who can get us back to the Prem, there would then be far more jobs than there were before.

• Like 4

People have already lost jobs through the down scaling, another relegation more jobs will be lost.

Admin is the vehicle that keeps a club going whilst it gets punted on or liquidated.

Blackburn Rovers will never be liquidated, do Bolton Wanderers not employ a load of staff anymore ?

I thought they went into admin once and are NOT owned by billionaires now.

• Like 3

Many predicted Leeds would face financial chaos after relegation and missing out on promotion. They won't and this is one of the reasons why. Just as with the dingles they will sell a couple for big money and use that to reinvest and stave off any trouble whilst signing and loaning a few more 'big hitters' in the other way.