BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

People have already lost jobs through the down scaling, another relegation more jobs will be lost.

Admin is the vehicle that keeps a club going whilst it gets punted on or liquidated.

Blackburn Rovers will never be liquidated, do Bolton Wanderers not employ a load of staff anymore ?

I thought they went into admin once and are NOT owned by billionaires now.

How many people have lost their jobs from 2016 to 2024 if you know? 

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Many predicted Leeds would face financial chaos after relegation and missing out on promotion. They won't and this is one of the reasons why. Just as with the dingles they will sell a couple for big money and use that to reinvest and stave off any trouble whilst signing and loaning a few more 'big hitters' in the other way.

Leeds have many quality players who they could sell to raise funds and that's not including players out on loan either. 

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Still some out there claiming that an initial £16m for Wharton was a good deal.

I thought it was £18m with add ons up £22.5 plus a sell on clause in the deal

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many people have lost their jobs from 2016 to 2024 if you know? 

Leeds have many quality players who they could sell to raise funds and that's not including players out on loan either. 

I thought it was £18m with add ons up £22.5 plus a sell on clause in the deal

Still a poor deal if Leeds can rake in £35m for Gray.

Just shows how desperate we were for cash.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It does show how desperate we were for cash but I think it also shows how  desperately poor Waggott and Pasha are in both their judgement, knowledge and negotiation skills.  Wee Dougie had them for breakfast!!!

What a combination. Rovers desperate sellers and Waggott and Pasha doing the negotiations 😂

I can't imagine Dougie had to work very hard to get that fee down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I mean £35million is at the high end of just stupid money…Leeds have played a blinder there…I’d say they’re paying a good 10-12million to what he’s actually worth.

Omari Hutchinson going from Chelsea to Ipswich for a reported £20m rising to £22.5m, pretty much the same fee as we got for Adam. He isn't in the same league as Adam. The words 'Palace met our valuation' should haunt Waggott and Broughton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c10l4424ry2o

• Like 9

Palace took us to the cleaners with that deal. No surprise at all when everyone knows these owners have reduced us to a financially distressed husk and they employ charlatans to run the club who have absolutely no pedigree in the game.

Very sad, very frustrating, a big opportunity missed but all part of the game at Ewood under these owners.

Anything good or positive is ushered out quickly at an undervalue or for nothing when their contract expires, whilst the deadweights and wasters carve out lucrative long term careers and hang around like a bad smell.

All the hallmarks of a club where the people at the top allow it to happen and couldn't care less.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When will the penny drop!?!?

I think it's pretty obvious we will not be spending money and only signing the dross no other club wants.

This window is, and will continue to be, so feckin depressing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When will the penny drop!?!?

I think it's pretty obvious we will not be spending money and only signing the dross no other club wants.

This window is, and will continue to be, so feckin depressing 

Mercer, who says we aren't spending money and I'm sorry if my positive and upbeat attitude is too much for you, feel free to put me on ignore cos I'm bored of you telling me and others what to say and think. 

Also the 4 players in that article, 2 would be loans and 2 would be free transfer signings, But all 4 would improve our squad

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

crazy money for a player who is heavily hyped,leeds could`nt turn down that amount,though if i was gray,id`e be p****d off that i was leaving leeds and going to brentford,from one of the biggest clubs in the country to a district in west london playing a ground that looks like it belongs in a subbuteo set

They can't put a gun to his head and make him go - but yes it's a horrible club.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer, who says we aren't spending money and I'm sorry if my positive and upbeat attitude is too much for you, feel free to put me on ignore cos I'm bored of you telling me and others what to say and think. 

Also the 4 players in that article, 2 would be loans and 2 would be free transfer signings, But all 4 would improve our squad

Who has said we have money to spend!?  Waggott, Pasha, Gestede, Eustace - think not.

Wouldn't dream of 'telling you and others what to say and think'.  Merely offering my thoughts and opinions which we are all entitled to do.

We haven't even closed a deal for McFadzean yet which should be the most straightforward bit of business to do.  That tells you all you need to know.  Lists and articles are all speculative and belong in fairy land.  Most on here realise Rovers are in deep sh1te - stop dreaming and wake-up and smell the  coffee.

4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I would imagine the dozens and dozens of staff who would lose their jobs as a consequence, through no fault of their own, would disagree with you.

Mortgages to pay, families to feed , but hey-ho, tough shit.

Yes lets limp along, slowly drifting down the leagues so Stacey the cleaning lady can keep her job. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

It does show how desperate we were for cash but I think it also shows how  desperately poor Waggott and Pasha are in both their judgement, knowledge and negotiation skills.  Wee Dougie had them for breakfast!!!

Again, Waggott is a shitbag, but Crystal Palace had us over a barrel thanks to the owners.

We were a distressed seller - it was sell Wharton or default on payments to creditors. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ironically, I reckon we will sign 4 players, and all 4 will be either a loan or a free transfer.

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I mean £35million is at the high end of just stupid money…Leeds have played a blinder there…I’d say they’re paying a good 10-12million to what he’s actually worth.

And we got a good 10-12 million less than he's actually worth. Think we all know what the difference is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

crazy money for a player who is heavily hyped,leeds could`nt turn down that amount,though if i was gray,id`e be p****d off that i was leaving leeds and going to brentford,from one of the biggest clubs in the country to a district in west london playing a ground that looks like it belongs in a subbuteo set

Leeds aren't one of the biggest clubs in the country, they just have a lot of fans, and Brentford play a whole division above them.

Steven Caulker the latest player to come out and call us out as pretty shitty behind the scenes. Offer him a 2 year deal so he turns down another offer and then the owners change it to a 1 year when he’s sat in the offer.

Players and clubs won’t want to deal with us. 

IMG_5850.jpeg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Steven Caulker the latest player to come out and call us out as pretty shitty behind the scenes. Offer him a 2 year deal so he turns down another offer and then the owners change it to a 1 year when he’s sat in the offer.

IMG_5850.jpeg

Rovers are a disgrace. Shameful behaviour.

Not counting the McGuire attempted then aborted con trick just how many times have we pulled this sort of stunt and if the player signs you get a disgruntled player, at best.

The shower of shit who own and run us can only be described in words I cannot use in a public forum.

And yet even on here they are lauded by a few. FY.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

IMG_5850.jpeg

So that would have been in the summer of 2022, when JDT had just arrived. I can only imagine what he was thinking.