BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

It does show how desperate we were for cash but I think it also shows how  desperately poor Waggott and Pasha are in both their judgement, knowledge and negotiation skills.  Wee Dougie had them for breakfast!!!

Both  those  two characters are unfit for office !

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers are a disgrace. Shameful behaviour.

Not counting the McGuire attempted then aborted con trick just how many times have we pulled this sort of stunt and if the player signs you get a disgruntled player, at best.

The shower of shit who own and run us can only be described in words I cannot use in a public forum.

And yet even on here they are lauded by a few. FY.

Agreed, they are dragging the club’s name into the gutter.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And we got a good 10-12 million less than he's actually worth. Think we all know what the difference is.

I don’t think we actually did, think we are shy of course but not 10-12million, that just doesn’t happen for a championship player - of course it does for Leeds because that’s the way things go…Leeds big club, player half decent, his value automatically projects…Let’s not pretend we were expecting 30 million for Adam Wharton now.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Why does the article say "Ali Al-Hamadi signs"?

None of those 4 will join, by the way.

Good for you

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Who has said we have money to spend!?  Waggott, Pasha, Gestede, Eustace - think not.

Wouldn't dream of 'telling you and others what to say and think'.  Merely offering my thoughts and opinions which we are all entitled to do.

We haven't even closed a deal for McFadzean yet which should be the most straightforward bit of business to do.  That tells you all you need to know.  Lists and articles are all speculative and belong in fairy land.  Most on here realise Rovers are in deep sh1te - stop dreaming and wake-up and smell the  coffee.

Like I said Mercer, You don't want to read my posts please put me on the ignore list for yourself but I will remain and retain my positive and upbeat attitude to life and any life situation

Why would anyone at Rovers tell anyone we have money to spend this summer, we see what happens over the summer. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you

Like I said Mercer, You don't want to read my posts please put me on the ignore list for yourself but I will remain and retain my positive and upbeat attitude to life and any life situation

Why would anyone at Rovers tell anyone we have money to spend this summer, we see what happens over the summer. 

As I posted before.  All that's needed is something along the lines of 'we have a budget to work to and we will be endeavouring to improve both the quality and depth of our squad'

Instead, IMO, the fans are treated with contempt and get told nothing and I think that is what we will get in terms of squad improvements -  nothing.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Steven Caulker the latest player to come out and call us out as pretty shitty behind the scenes. Offer him a 2 year deal so he turns down another offer and then the owners change it to a 1 year when he’s sat in the offer.

Players and clubs won’t want to deal with us. 

IMG_5850.jpeg

facepalm.gif

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As I posted before.  All that's needed is something along the lines of 'we have a budget to work to and we will be endeavouring to improve both the quality and depth of our squad'

Instead, IMO, the fans are treated with contempt and get told nothing and I think that is what we will get in terms of squad improvements -  nothing.

Eustace has said how many signings he wants this weeks. 

I disagree so I will leave it there tonight

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace has said how many signings he wants this weeks. 

I disagree so I will leave it there tonight

JDT also made it known what he wanted and we all know how that ended up!!!

Sweet dreams!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

So, Caulker decided on us for the money, obviously. 

Medical showed up a few issues, offered a shorter deal.

Not quite sure I understand the issue on this one, he still had a deal on the table?

it was`nt a nice thing to do but really,he was`nt a good player,had injury problems as well as gambling and other issues,he`d have milked us dry while hardly playing

18 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

When was the Caulker fiasco?

Based on Caulkers Wikipedia, he joined the Turkish club he named in 2022, so I would guess 2 years ago.

Maybe he was offered a deal prior to JDT and Broughton being hired, and they changed their minds on his signing?  Or maybe it was our owners pulling the plug?

"On 28 August 2022, Caulker joined Fatih Karagümrük on a free transfer, signing a two-year deal.[72] On 30 December 2022, he left the club after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.[73]"

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Embarrassing and shameful.

O'Brien, Brierley, McGuire and Caulker are the known ones in the public domain.  Just how many more are there!?

I think our reputation must be in tatters.

Just so sad.

Also the striker who was kept around all day on deadline day, as confirmed by Mowbray, the consensus is it was Josh Maja.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Based on Caulkers Wikipedia, he joined the Turkish club he named in 2022, so I would guess 2 years ago.

Maybe he was offered a deal prior to JDT and Broughton being hired, and they changed their minds on his signing?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember the potential signing of Caulker being mooted when Mowbray was still Manager.

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I don’t think we actually did, think we are shy of course but not 10-12million, that just doesn’t happen for a championship player - of course it does for Leeds because that’s the way things go…Leeds big club, player half decent, his value automatically projects…Let’s not pretend we were expecting 30 million for Adam Wharton now.

Talking about his actual value (at the time) to anyone who can spot a player, rather than his market value. I feel we got short changed on the latter by a good 5 million or more though. But we're weak assed negotiators.

51 minutes ago, Mercer said:

O'Brien, Brierley, McGuire and Caulker are the known ones in the public domain.  Just how many more are there!?

Just so sad.

Wasn't Danny Batth offered 2 years and then had the rug pulled from under his feet?,  I also seem to remember hearing stories that Wahlstedt was offered lower terms once he turned up to sign his contract which had previously bene agreed

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Just so sad.

Danny Batth as well. 

*just seen it higher up 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2