BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Some people think they still can send funds, but I think it is now becoming very clear that there is very little in the pot and even a free transfer is unlikely, due to agents fees and wages. 

No, the club is saying funds can be sent, and the club have said they have requested funds. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

No, the club is saying funds can be sent, and the club have said they have requested funds. 

Have they confirmed that the funds have been sent and the amount?

When was the request made, do you know?

Thanks

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You all said we wouldn't spend 2 years ago but we did..we sign 3 quality players permanently 

2 years is a hell of a long time ago at this club.

We have the small problem of the owners not being able to fund there club with there own money now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venkys had to buy the STC and that allow us to spend that money.

Yes they haven't put money in recently. Whether they can now, I don't know. We see shortly. Some say they can and some say no. 

Exactly. They had to send money to the UK to fund us one way or another.

Whereas now they either:-

a) Are not able to put money in.

b) CAN put money in but have to match it with a bond of the same amount.

If it's A we aren't spending any money.

If it's B, it remains to be seen if they are prepared to do this. As you say, we will see shortly if we sign anyone of any real value before the next court case. However the fact we panic-sold Wharton and nearly relegated the club, rather than send money and match it with a bond, tells me I dont believe they are prepared to do it.

Therefore the landscape now is quite clearly different from that of 2 years ago.

In the likely scenario of B above @Forever Blue the club are correct that they can send money. And they will request money because they desperately need it. But it doesn't mean it's coming. And that would be because of the situation Venkys have put themselves in meaning they now won't risk tying up extra finances.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

It’s B. It’s always been B. It’s a bond to ensure if they lose the court case, they can’t say “we can’t pay it, we’ve already sent it and spent it”. Waggott is just extremely clever with his words and in the most part our fans are too poorly researched to question it. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, paullarrygher said:

Newcastle will be paying him silly money (20-30k+) to train for a few hours a day and with pretty much no expectation of playing. I'd take 12 months of that over scrambling around at the bottom of the Championship for half that if I was at the end of my career.

I’d make that choice at any stage of my career 😁

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Read the statements made by the club. They’ve been put on here often enough. 

I genuinely have not seen a statement made by the club, that they have requested that the owners send funds.

I'm not having a go, but if there is a statement, where is it, as a link to it, would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s B. It’s always been B. It’s a bond to ensure if they lose the court case, they can’t say “we can’t pay it, we’ve already sent it and spent it”. Waggott is just extremely clever with his words and in the most part our fans are too poorly researched to question it. 

I have asked Forever Blue, as I simply have not seen any statement made by the club, that they have requested that Venky's send funds. Are you aware of a statement to that effect by any chance?

Just now, lraC said:

I have asked Forever Blue, as I simply have not seen any statement made by the club, that they have requested that Venky's send funds. Are you aware of a statement to that effect by any chance?

I think it was mentioned in the recent meeting between Waggott and We are the Rovers, I don't think there is an official statement out there regarding it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Exactly. They had to send money to the UK to fund us one way or another.

Whereas now they either:-

a) Are not able to put money in.

b) CAN put money in but have to match it with a bond of the same amount.

If it's A we aren't spending any money.

If it's B, it remains to be seen if they are prepared to do this. As you say, we will see shortly if we sign anyone of any real value before the next court case. However the fact we panic-sold Wharton and nearly relegated the club, rather than send money and match it with a bond, tells me I dont believe they are prepared to do it.

Therefore the landscape now is quite clearly different from that of 2 years ago.

In the likely scenario of B above @Forever Blue the club are correct that they can send money. And they will request money because they desperately need it. But it doesn't mean it's coming. And that would be because of the situation Venkys have put themselves in meaning they now won't risk tying up extra finances.

I agree it doesn’t mean it’s coming. ‘Some people’ are making assumptions about what is being said. All I’m repeating is what the club have said. I have no idea either way. But the club have said it’s ‘B’. 

So as repeated a million times, we’ll see over the next few months if a) the club are being honest and b) if they are being honest then will Venky’s send any money or are they going to rely on the Rays/Wharton/Whalstead/Szmodics etc etc money just to keep the lights on until it runs out. 

My assumption is that if the club are being honest AND Venky’s are prepared to send funds over then we will spend money this summer. FFP won’t be a consideration and so the club should be able to spend a decent chunk.

We’ll see. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think it was mentioned in the recent meeting between Waggott and We are the Rovers, I don't think there is an official statement out there regarding it.

From the June newsletter...

CLUB FINANCES AND CONTINGENCY PLANNING

WATR asked the ‘what if‘ questions such as what is the plan if no finances are forthcoming from the Owners and what if the Owners decide to put the club up for sale.

WATR were advised that there was no current impediments to allow the Owners funding the Club in the future and that the Delhi High Court case in August does not involve the running of the Club.

SW informed WATR that funds had been requested from the Owners to cover operational costs for the forthcoming 24/25 season that included looking at strengthening the squad for the coming season.

The Club are working on bringing in new players to give more strength and depth to the first team squad this season and this will obviously include some current players going out.

The Owners are very clear in that they are not considering selling the Club. Should they ever decide to change their position on this matter then the usual sale process would kick in as has happened at other clubs.

The Owners continue to fund the Club as they have done since they acquired the Club that gives us financial stability unlike other Clubs with many currently looking for either new investment or selling their clubs to new Owners.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, lraC said:

Either waggott was quoted as saying it or the it was reported he’d said it. I can’t remember which, when I get time I’ll  have a look and post it. Just for you😉

Edit: cheers @MarkBRFCfor providing the link

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Either waggott was quoted as saying it or the it was reported he’d said it. I can’t remember which, when I get time I’ll  have a look and post it. Just for you😉

Edit: cheers @MarkBRFCfor providing the link

Thanks.

So to confirm, he has requested funds, but we don't know the amounts and we don't know if the request has been actioned?

Fair enough though.

Edited by lraC

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Thanks.

So to confirm, he has requested funds, but we don't know the amounts and we don't know if they request has been actioned?

Fair enough though.

As per the statement, the amounts are to cover 24/25 operational costs, including a transfer budget. 

You have access to the same info I have. 

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

Thanks.

So to confirm, he has requested funds, but we don't know the amounts and we don't know if they request has been actioned?

Fair enough though.

"To cover operation costs for the 24/25 season that included strengthening the squad" it  says.

I personally don't think anything gets sent over.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

"To cover operation costs for the 24/25 season that included strengthening the squad" it  says.

I personally don't think anything gets sent over.

Me neither, but we shall see.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

But it is only B if they get permission - that is why there is another court hearing.

They were given permission to send funds in November based on the first court hearing and a full breakdown from Rovers as to what the money was to used for. 

They have to go through that process every time they want to send money.

• Like 2