BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Which is probably more reputable source of fact that they can't send money, than Waggot telling WATR that they can.

I think my point is that under both scenarios, whichever you believe to be true, we have no money to spend !

I’d lean towards them not being able to send money but I can certainly see a scenario where they can.

Of course as you (and others) have pointed out this is completely different as to whether they will.

Time will tell but I for one am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I reckon (guess) any sales from now on (such as Wahlstedt) might be part-reinvested but I'd expect 2 or 3 £500k purchases to come in before the court case and a couple of freebies. Everything else will have to wait.

Think that's highly ambitious to be honest, I don't think we'll see anything like that.

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Which is probably more reputable source of fact that they can't send money, than Waggot telling WATR that they can.

I think my point is that under both scenarios, whichever you believe to be true, we have no money to spend !

It all comes back to this cleverly worded statement in my view, suggesting that:

A. There is no impediment for Venky's to fund the club and

B. The hearing in August, does not relate to Rovers.

Let's face it, we have had a few pages of debate on here about it and a little bit of tension around it too, so job done by Waggott. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phili said:

I am not sure why there is so much confusion. The court case for August states in black and white the purpose is to review the request to send funds to their over seas businesses in this case Venky's London ltd to allow the funding of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Seems as though don't read it that way because they don't want to but it's pretty obvious what the craic is and Waggot himself is a proven bull shitter several times over.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It would great news if true. I expect him to be the first team squad this season. Great talent and similar to Wharton in terms of ability 

Tyjon seems like a very promising young striker and I'll be very happy if we keep him, especially since it looked like we were going to lose him. But at this stage, saying he is similar to Wharton in terms of ability is a stretch.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I would say that the minutes of WATR and Fans Forum minutes and the statement on Rovers website is the current position given that is Rovers official comment

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tyjon seems like a very promising young striker and I'll be very happy if we keep him, especially since it looked like we were going to lose him. But at this stage, saying he is similar to Wharton in terms of ability is a stretch.

each to their own position but that's my opinion

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Can you provide a link because that is not what is being reported in the press or stated by the club. 

thanks. 

I will dig a link out later. A screenshot was posted on here a few days ago of the case.

Edited by phili

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

each to their own position but that's my opinion

Did you mean potential rather than ability? Because if Tyjon has the same ability as an England international but has only cameod for our almost relegated Championship side, everyone involved in him not playing more for us needs firing.

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Did you mean potential rather than ability? Because if Tyjon has the same ability as an England international but has only cameod for our almost relegated Championship side, everyone involved in him not playing more for us needs firing.

Ye currently tygon is ahead of wharton on the pathway, he's only 16 and was getting into the match day squad regularly at the end of the season, but to say he's on the same level as wharton is crazy, hopefully banging in goals for fun infront of the blackburn end in the next few years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say that the minutes of WATR and Fans Forum minutes and the statement on Rovers website is the current position given that is Rovers official comment

Ok. So your going with option B - they can send money but are refusing to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paullarrygher said:

Newcastle will be paying him silly money (20-30k+) to train for a few hours a day and with pretty much no expectation of playing. I'd take 12 months of that over scrambling around at the bottom of the Championship for half that if I was at the end of my career.

Newcastle’s Scott Carson 

• Like 4

How much was the young lad from Linfield? Can only imagine he will be going into the academy

Found it - 6 figures https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/irish-league-club-set-for-100k-boost-with-young-prospect-off-to-blackburn-rovers/a471840018.html

Edited by ABRAM ROVER

2 hours ago, BRFCethan said:

Ye currently tygon is ahead of wharton on the pathway, he's only 16 and was getting into the match day squad regularly at the end of the season, but to say he's on the same level as wharton is crazy, hopefully banging in goals for fun infront of the blackburn end in the next few years.

Igol

So, Leo departs and creates with it a void at GK.

Current FA goalkeepers with PL or CH experience/potential.

Marek Rodak (27) - ex Fulham,  liked with Leeds *if* Meslier leaves.

Loris Karius (31) - just left Newcastle. Unrealistic perhaps.

Vaclav Hladky (33) - Ever present for Ipswich last season.

Bartosz Bialkowski (36) - left Millwall, older but CH proven.

Joe Wildsmith (27) - decided to leave Derby after being their #1. 20 clean sheets in 40apps.

Kelle Roos (32) - Ex Derby who has been #1 at Aberdeen for 2 years.

There are of course, backup options in the Premier League... Some (or at least one) could/will be available.

Gabriel Slonina (Chelsea), Sam Johnstone (Palace), Joe Lumley (Saints), Dan Bentley (Wolves), Mark Travers (Bournemouth), Matt Turner (Forest) and Thomas Strakosha (Brentford) all profile as #2 or #3 options.

Regardless of the realism of the above names, Goalkeeper is one position on a team where there is minimal excuse to be as poor as we were last season.

• Like 4