BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

4) They can’t send funds but they’re going to anyway 

5) Mrs D is going to personally deliver £50m in cash to Abbeys house, who will then invite Chaddy round for a spot of lunch and advice on who to spend it on. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

5) Mrs D is going to personally deliver £50m in cash to Abbeys house, who will then invite Chaddy round for a spot of lunch and advice on who to spend it on. 

I'd have a pint with chaddy but that bitch can fuck reet off. Set foot on my property  and I'd end up in Wandsworth playing musical chairs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we have 15% sell on for raya thats approx 4.1 million,add the wharton cash and the new sky deal then there is no excuse for not spending a bob or two

Waggott's already got 5 written on his whiteboard.

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we have 15% sell on for raya thats approx 4.1 million,add the wharton cash and the new sky deal then there is no excuse for not spending a bob or two

Circa £5M apparently, so closer to 20%

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23788076.blackburn-rovers-potential-david-raya-windfall-revealed/

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

This is part of the process.

They can only send funds which are essential and proven, after the court agrees.

If you look at the court docs from the last transfer you will see the itemised request from the club of essentials. Wages, taxes, bills.

This is the request which has been sent.

i.e. if the club doesn't request funds, there is no court case.

In court, the judge will rule on the request and if agreed, the transfer can be made as long as they put the same amount away in the bank guarantee.

If the judge says no, for example if the ED case has more evidence, then we get nothing. If the hearing is delayed (again) we get nothing.

FACT.

This is the process as I understand it. Like you, I have read and re-read all the court documents.

Some people obviously haven't and are misinterpreting vague statements from the club. It's getting a bit annoying TBH. Just read the fucking source documents.

• Like 3

Just now, Upside Down said:

This is the process as I understand it. Like you, I have read and re-read all the court documents.

Some people obviously haven't and are misinterpreting vague statements from the club. It's getting a bit annoying TBH. Just read the fucking source documents.

Got a link? 

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

The below is from the strategic report (in the club’s accounts) dated 19th December 2023.

IMG_1735.thumb.jpeg.38a1dc73e67c980d1ba2d39b3c3e6aa1.jpeg

This shows ‘at this point’ Venky’s still needed the court’s permission to send further monies.

There’s been nothing from the court since to suggest anything has changed but I guess that doesn’t preclude some sort of arrangement being made ‘out of court’ with the Directorate of Enforcement.

Can you send me a link to this please.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Thanks Hasta.

I see now I've already read all of this previously. 

I'm getting back into my research for the timeline again now that my studies have finished for the semester so am looking into all of this with more detail.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So, Leo departs and creates with it a void at GK.

Current FA goalkeepers with PL or CH experience/potential.

Marek Rodak (27) - ex Fulham,  liked with Leeds *if* Meslier leaves.

Loris Karius (31) - just left Newcastle. Unrealistic perhaps.

Vaclav Hladky (33) - Ever present for Ipswich last season.

Bartosz Bialkowski (36) - left Millwall, older but CH proven.

Joe Wildsmith (27) - decided to leave Derby after being their #1. 20 clean sheets in 40apps.

Kelle Roos (32) - Ex Derby who has been #1 at Aberdeen for 2 years.

There are of course, backup options in the Premier League... Some (or at least one) could/will be available.

Gabriel Slonina (Chelsea), Sam Johnstone (Palace), Joe Lumley (Saints), Dan Bentley (Wolves), Mark Travers (Bournemouth), Matt Turner (Forest) and Thomas Strakosha (Brentford) all profile as #2 or #3 options.

Regardless of the realism of the above names, Goalkeeper is one position on a team where there is minimal excuse to be as poor as we were last season.

Another one - Daniel Iversen seems to be available - ex North End, was on loan at Stoke last season, currently at Leicester. 26 years old. Plenty of options better than Pears available for around what they'll recoup for Leo. Someone will come in, lets hope it's as number 1.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Did you mean potential rather than ability? Because if Tyjon has the same ability as an England international but has only cameod for our almost relegated Championship side, everyone involved in him not playing more for us needs firing.

Yes, I think he has similar ability to Wharton when he broke through here and he has the potential to be future PL player IMO. 

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Ok. So your going with option B - they can send money but are refusing to.

I'm just saying what the club have made publicly through different sources. 

I have watched the Rovers twitter post about training today and Leo Wahlstedt wasn't in it. So he must be in Denmark having his medical and close to signing there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Thanks Hasta.

I see now I've already read all of this previously. 

I'm getting back into my research for the timeline again now that my studies have finished for the semester so am looking into all of this with more detail.

I’d actually forgotten about that comment in the accounts until @wilsdenrover re quoted it before. At the time I just thought “let’s see”, but things have evolved since.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Another one - Daniel Iversen seems to be available - ex North End, was on loan at Stoke last season, currently at Leicester. 26 years old. Plenty of options better than Pears available for around what they'll recoup for Leo. Someone will come in, lets hope it's as number 1.

If we don't get a proper number one we'll be down by Christmas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’d actually forgotten about that comment in the accounts until @wilsdenrover re quoted it before. At the time I just thought “let’s see”, but things have evolved since.

The rule of law in India states that if you are under investigation by an investigative body, of which the ED is one, then that body has issue a certificate of No Objection before you can send any money out of the country.

Since the ED refuse to do this the matter has gone to court. The bond and the breakdown of costs etc are basically a form of compromise as the judge stated that these things must be in place before any money could be sent. The ED were fighting against this quite strongly.

There is absolutely no way that anyone can 100% guarantee that funds will be sent when requested. There is always a chance that the next time the judge may decide in favour of the government.

The official statement from the club is deliberately misleading. Even though they don't definitively say that funds can be sent over, they certainly imply that is the case.

Either way, despite us raking in close to 30 million in transfer fees last season we'll be spending absolutely fuck all. I'm sure it'll be all because of FFP or some other bullshit though.

• Like 4