BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just hearing that Leeds do not have a sell on % in the deal for Gray to Spurs, so maybe not so great a deal they are getting... long term at least (still looks like Spurs are paying over the odds to me)

Suppose Leeds traded off the future pay day for the immediate cash to sort their finances

Edited by KentExile

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why? He played before under Eustace and previous head coaches. 

His quality from the right is there

He contributes very little in terms of goals and assists. He can’t finish and his final pass is often poor. JE wants quick exciting wingers. Hedges is neither of those things. 

I like him as a player though, he retains possession well and is decent defensively. JE played him at LWB before his injury. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

The problem with Hedges (and many in the squad) is that he won't be available for 70% of games over the course of a season. 

Clear technical ability but he is made of glass. 

The problem with Hedges is that he has no end product.

Clearly quite a tidy footballer, but never creates or scores. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Just hearing that Leeds do not have a sell on % in the deal for Gray to Spurs, so maybe not so great a deal they are getting... long term at least (still looks like Spurs are paying over the odds to me)

Suppose Leeds traded off the future pay day for the immediate cash to sort their finances

We won't see £30m for Wharton...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24424188.blackburn-address-two-year-problem-transfer-market/

Music to my ears, found the last few years at Ewood some of the most boring in my 25 years of going. The obsession with 'no 10s' has led to dull walking football with 6 yard one touch passes into the corner and all the way back out to the centre backs again.

Getting some power, pace and directness in the wide areas would be fantastic and might give our strikers a chance to score some goals.

Just another little PR piece, I'm sure Eustace would love some pace, power etc.

Bet he doesn't get any though.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah I rate Hedges, maybe a little Underrated by Rovers fans perhaps?

Biggest problem, like a lot of our players is he can't stay clear of injuries.

Not so much under rated for ability! It's just he's a real sick note, as soon as he starts stringing some form together he gets injured. 

He'd be a top top attacking player in the league if he could give you 40 fully fit games a season 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KentExile said:

They got an overall valuation of £40m for him. 

Our deal for Wharton will be half of that at best.

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why will it be half that at best ?

It's £18 million rising to £22.5 with a 15% sell on .Declan Rice went for  100 million when he was sold by west ham ,it's plausible for Palace to get the same when Wharton eventually moves on 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We'll almost certainly reach the £22 million total. Because Rovers negotiated a much higher sell on percentage than Birmingham did for Bellingham, we'll  get more for Wharton than Brum did. 

Apparently the Bellingham deal is the benchmark. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

McBurnie has been released by Sheff Utd and while my optimism has been ground down over the years of shit transfer windows, that would be a hell of a signing in our current position.

Sheff Utd still talking to McBurnie,  If he does end up leaving on a free it will be because Sheff Utd couldn't pay him as much as he wanted, so I would wager that he is out of our price range too

• Like 1

Just wondering how long it will be before we get the excuses about John Park only coming back to the club at the last minute and not having any time to plan for the summer and with the changes with Broughton leaving and new structure we're going to have to write off the summer window and instead focus on being ready for the next one.

• Like 6