BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

I think the main thing is he is not a fan.  He is a Sheff Wed fan, so it is just a job for him and he doesn't want rock the boat with the limited soundbites he is fed from the club.  At least as a fan, Sharpe had a vested interest in doing some digging when something didn't add up

Definitely something in that, but I think someone with a bit more experience would have the nouse to dig a little deeper, be it a Rovers fan or otherwise.

I guess that being a footy reporter in the local rag is generally just a stepping stone for a young journalist these days, so he’ll be replaced by someone similar in a couple of years time.

He just doesn’t get it imo, in yet it’s staring him in the face.

Maybe the business reporter would be more appropriate for the bigger picture, and wouldn’t need to tread on egg shells quite as much.

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Is Elliot Jackson on here and just posts whatever the current topic is?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24425484.blackburn-women-hit-mass-exits-amid-minimum-wage-salaries-report/

Not the first time I have seen him post a story that is doing the rounds on here 

Hi Elliott

He'd be a bad journalist if he wasn't on here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Some of those are important players too. Imagine the women's team will struggle this year.

I saw the ladies three times last season and I recall some of those who have been let go as the better players. Apart from a few games at Ewood they play their home games at Lancashire FA headquarters in Leyland as do the mens under 21's. I know for certain that it was costing £2k per match for the mens under 21's so I think a similar amount for the women. They also have several games away which will probably necessitate overnight stops as well as travel. I would think the budget last year was less than Waggott earns though.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw the ladies three times last season and I recall some of those who have been let go as the better players. Apart from a few games at Ewood they play their home games at Lancashire FA headquarters in Leyland as do the mens under 21's. I know for certain that it was costing £2k per match for the mens under 21's so I think a similar amount for the women. They also have several games away which will probably necessitate overnight stops as well as travel. I would think the budget last year was less than Waggott earns though.

I'm certain it's less than Waggott earns. Bin him off, fund the ladies team with his salary, two birds one stone.

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm certain it's less than Waggott earns. Bin him off, fund the ladies team with his salary, two birds one stone.

And Womens football is exempt from FFP which indicates to me another example of the owners struggling to send money over.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Their ‘end game’ at Rovers cannot come soon enough. I thought we’d be stuck with them forever but unless something changes big time with the Indian government then that isn’t looking likely, thank f*ck.

Our own generated income will only last so long now even if there are more sales so something will have to give unless they send big money again as is their responsibility.

My real concern is that they will start sending money again eventually but it'll be vastly reduced because of all the problems and taxes meaning the managed decline will continue. Not helped imo by having people at the club whose speciality is cost cutting and managed decline meaning they'll be going along with it still collecting their wages until the shit finally hits the fan.

Then one will retire with his gold plated pension and the other will scoot off back to India working with chickens again.

Any real responsible CEO and board of directors would be on a plane over there demanding to know how this will be resolved in the medium to long term and offering their own solutions - ie We urge you to instruct us to try and find buyers for the club or other investors before it's too late.

More chance Jesus turning up than these lot rocking their own comfy boat like that so imo we really are now finally in the death by a thousand cuts mode.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Our own generated income will only last so long now even if there are more sales so something will have to give unless they send big money again as is their responsibility.

My real concern is that they will start sending money again eventually but it'll be vastly reduced because of all the problems and taxes meaning the managed decline will continue. Not helped imo by having people at the club whose speciality is cost cutting and managed decline meaning they'll be going along with it still collecting their wages until the shit finally hits the fan.

Then one will retire with his gold plated pension and the other will scoot off back to India working with chickens again.

Any real responsible CEO and board of directors would be on a plane over there demanding to know how this will be resolved in the medium to long term and offering their own solutions - ie We urge you to instruct us to try and find buyers for the club or other investors before it's too late.

More chance Jesus turning up than these lot rocking their own comfy boat like that so imo we really are now finally in the death by a thousand cuts mode.

It might be wishful thinking, but I am convinced they will be found out and this court case will spell the end of them sending funds. That will mean irrespective of anything else, they cannot add that funding statement paragraph to the accounts, which means we trade insolvent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alcd said:

Archie Gray gone to Spurs for £30m and he's not even in the England squad. More evidence that Wharton was a panic sale. A once in a generation player sold for a pittance. 

£30M release clause and no sell on fee or add on's

When Palace do sell Wharton, the sell on fee will mean Rovers will have had more for Wharton than Leeds got for Gray

Wharton was still sold for far less than his true value though

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And Womens football is exempt from FFP which indicates to me another example of the owners struggling to send money over.

I remember reading something a few years ago saying Mrs D was keen to see the womens side of it be a success at Rovers so i'm sure she could make a personal donation as a gift from her tens of millions personal wealth.

No FFP and surely a personal gift of say 50-100 grand wouldn't incur too much tax, she could crowd fund it if need be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

It might be wishful thinking, but I am convinced they will be found out and this court case will spell the end of them sending funds. That will mean irrespective of anything else, they cannot add that funding statement paragraph to the accounts, which means we trade insolvent. 

I'm just wary they'll get approval again as a one off and they'll just drip in a few million enough to keep the lights on topping up our own player sales money and the whole thing will rumble on.

If i was a betting man that's where my last quid would be going, another 12 months or purgatory at least before it's resolved or they have to ditch the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I remember reading something a few years ago saying Mrs D was keen to see the womens side of it be a success at Rovers so i'm sure she could make a personal donation as a gift from her tens of millions personal wealth.

No FFP and surely a personal gift of say 50-100 grand wouldn't incur too much tax, she could crowd fund it if need be.

It will be interesting to see if Watson Ramsbottom are still the shirt sponsor for the women after last weeks announcement about them being the main mens sponsor.

• Like 1

They can't even get the report right, it was away to Bristol City he was on the bench, not Rovers!

Rovers are delighted to announce that we have reached an agreement with top young talent Igor Tyjon for him to remain at Ewood Park, amidst interest from a host of Premier League clubs.

The 16-year-old starlet, who has already been part of the matchday squad for two Championship games, is one of 14 promising players to sign a two-year scholarship contract with the club through to June 2026.

Tyjon joined Rovers from Rochdale last summer and has enjoyed a meteoric rise for both club and country over the past 12 months.

He scored on his debut for Rovers Under-21s against PSV Eindhoven aged just 15 last November, before making the bench for the first team fixture away to Bristol Rovers in April.

He then bagged a match-winning brace against Everton in Premier League 2 just a few days later, before again being part of the first team squad for the final day triumph over champions Leicester City.

On the international scene, he has earned three caps for both England and Poland Under-16s, scoring twice for each nation, including a brace on his Young Lions debut in a 3-1 victory over Saudi Arabia in the Football Federations Cup in February.

The exciting and energetic attacker has been training with the first team since the start of pre-season and is expected to remain with the senior squad ahead of the upcoming 2024-25 Championship campaign.

Rovers also wish to welcome Michael Decandia, Isaac Dunn, Valentin Joseph, Leon Kelly-Quinn, Freddie Leatherbarrow, Bruce Leeming, Tyler Mansbridge, Harvey Pates, Aaron Potter, Jayden Sergeant, Luke Thompson, Frank Vare, Blake Wolsoncroft to the club.

The talented teenagers are also part of the intake of first year scholars at the Academy, who officially became full-time footballers with the club on July 1st.

The club would like to wish all the new scholars the very best of luck over the next two years, as they pursue their dreams of becoming professional players.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It will be interesting to see if Watson Ramsbottom are still the shirt sponsor for the women after last weeks announcement about them being the main mens sponsor.

From their website (so new front of shirt sponsor needed?):

We are delighted to announce that we are to become the new front of shirt sponsor for Blackburn Rovers for the upcoming 24-25 season.

Having had a long affiliation with the club, this agreement represents an exciting statement and move forward in the branding of our practice both locally and nationally.

With the agreement of this deal, Watson Ramsbottom will be displayed on all first team, Under-21s and replica kits, as well as being back of shirt sponsors for the Women’s team.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KentExile said:

It all indicates that it is not FFP, but actual cash flow which is the issue.

Indeed it does!

Costs related to the ladies' team are chicken shit in the relative scheme of things.

To me this smacks of desperation and is perhaps indicative of what the club thinks is going to happen with the Indian court case in August.

IMO, we should be afraid, very afraid of where our club is heading.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I wonder how much letting all those womens team players leave and putting the rest on 16 hours has saved them? Bearing in mind that the costs for running the ladies team is FFP exempt, this stinks of desperation.

I attended the player of the year awards at Ewood and they really bigged  the ladies team up. Waggott was amongst those singing their praises too, now this. 

You should surprised by Waggotts actions?.

The man is a snake and would sell his own children, if he could get money for them.

Never trust what he says or does. It will come back and stab you. He wouldn’t even care, as it’s in his DNA..

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

I think the main thing is he is not a fan.  He is a Sheff Wed fan, so it is just a job for him and he doesn't want rock the boat with the limited soundbites he is fed from the club.  At least as a fan, Sharpe had a vested interest in doing some digging when something didn't add up

Sharpe wernt a rovers fan if my memory is right he's a Chester fan.

jacksons pedigree is copy -paste for live.