BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Get Kiera walsh and Ella Toone on board and get some traction going with this. Bring some shame on Waggott and the owners, Sadly the name of Blackburn Rovers may suffer too but it could be for the greater good.

Or, nobody will give a shit.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

@RoversTrust Waggott needs asking if he’s really that much of a cunt this is true.

Correct but they won't. MG said, they won't be confrontational with the club.

Nicely tucked in Waggotts back pocket.

Waggott won't reinstate the consultation meetings because they meet the fanboy forum and WATR which allegedly represent the fanbase. Neither do.

WATR starry eyed and hamstrung by their MOU. 

What a disgrace.

I recommend people cancel their memberships until the MOU is ripped up, the trust wake up and start holding the club to account.

Venkys Out is the only way.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

They are only allowed to send running costs (if approved). See November court document as reference. HMRC, Wages and Bills. Transfer money is not a necessity (in the eyes of the Enforcement Directorate). They cannot just ask to send what they want.

They never send transfer money anyway but i'm on about the reduction in budget so instead of sending 6 million or 10 million it'll be 2 or 3 million per time.

Slow drip, slow death.

Regarding the ongoing discussions around the Women’s team…

I don’t think there has been any reduction to the women’s team budget. It’s exactly the same as it has been for the last 2 years. I do need to clarify this 100% though.

There’s big pressure in the fan led review to improve the focus on the women’s teams, the phrasing mentions parity between Men’s and Women’s teams, hence they playing at Ewood far more regularly last season, and the pressure is on to get them moved over to a full time model. It’s obviously a money losing venture, and to go full time would cost probably £1-2 million per year so that’s a way off at present. The club also now have to include losses of the women’s team in FFP/P&S calculations, previously they were exempt. At present there is a complete reluctance to add another significant expense on to the balance sheet.

I’m not sure how big a story the players leaving is. It’s similar to non-league in that there is an exodus of players every year, it’s just the reality of the situation. Saffron Jordan packed it in last year to concentrate on her full time career. Having said that some good ones have moved on, but some of the more profile ones have remained. 

Several of those who have left have apparently done so as they’ve got the opportunity to go full time.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t think there has been any reduction to the women’s team budget. It’s exactly the same as it has been for the last 2 years. I do need to clarify this 100% though.

There’s big pressure in the fan led review to improve the focus on the women’s teams, the phrasing mentions parity between Men’s and Women’s teams, hence they playing at Ewood far more regularly last season, and the pressure is on to get them moved over to a full time model. It’s obviously a money losing venture, and to go full time would cost probably £1-2 million per year so that’s a way off at present. The club also now have to include losses of the women’s team in FFP/P&S calculations, previously they were exempt. At present there is a complete reluctance to add another significant expense on to the balance sheet.

I’m not sure how big a story the players leaving is. It’s similar to non-league in that there is an exodus of players every year, it’s just the reality of the situation. Saffron Jordan packed it in last year to concentrate on her full time career. Having said that some good ones have moved on, but some of the more profile ones have remained.

Also not great that a disgruntled player or member of staff has clearly gone crying to the daily mail. Why should the club loose hand over fist on another department in the club?

9 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

He contributes very little in terms of goals and assists. He can’t finish and his final pass is often poor. JE wants quick exciting wingers. Hedges is neither of those things. 

I like him as a player though, he retains possession well and is decent defensively. JE played him at LWB before his injury. 

Can't finish? Forgot his finish at Watford last season? 

Hedges is a quality player for me

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Several of those who have left have apparently done so as they’ve got the opportunity to go full time.

This sounds like you are working for the club now. Time for self reflection imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

I think you're completely missing the point. The alleged cuts to the women's team budget are symptomatic of where the club is financially.

You can't really take this news in isolation and expect us to be active in the transfer market the next minute. 

No I'm not missing the point but I want to read transfer news in the transfer thread and about Rovers ladies in that thread 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

It’s a big enough story for s procession of players to criticise the club and especially Waggott. 

I suppose you have to keep onside with the club though to achieve your aims. 

Just isn’t news is it? The club have never allowed anyone else from the club to attend the senior training centre or mix with first team players, usually a managers decision, based probably around confidentiality of transfers and other first team business, been the case since the place was built! Although the lack of drink and toilet facilities is pretty inexcusable especially with the size of the academy and senior training centre. 

Can’t imagine any employee from ewood/ academy or the women’s team can just rock up and start using first team facilities unless it’s pre arranged and agreed with management.

That has nothing to do with the lack of funding the women’s team receives