BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Wahlstedt has officially left the building! 

Translation:

AGF has bought Leopold Wahlstedt. 

Tipsbladet can reveal that. 

According to Tipsbladet's information, the 24-year-old goalkeeper has signed a five-year contract with the Superliga club, and thus the deal with Blackburn Rovers has gone through. 

Already several weeks ago, Tipsbladet was able to reveal that AGF and Blackburn Rovers had agreed on a price of approximately one million euros, 7.5 million kroner, and it was simply up to the goalkeeper himself whether he wanted to switch to the Superliga the club. 

On Sunday, Tipsbladet was the first media to report that the goalkeeper had decided that he would come to Denmark on Monday to have his medical check-up. 

It has gone completely according to plan, so now Leopold Wahlstedt has put his signature, which makes him AGF keeper until the summer of 2029. 

Thus, a long-awaited name finally comes to Danish football, because it is not more than a year ago that Leopold Wahlstedt was extremely close to moving to Brøndby from Odd, but at the last moment Blackburn Rovers came in from the right and seduced him to the Championship .

Leopold Wahlstedt got almost half of the league games in the Blackburn Rovers cage, but that's all over, because AGF has nipped him.”

Edited by Polky
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

Wahlstedt has officially left the building! 

Translation:

AGF has bought Leopold Wahlstedt. 

Tipsbladet can reveal that. 

According to Tipsbladet's information, the 24-year-old goalkeeper has signed a five-year contract with the Superliga club, and thus the deal with Blackburn Rovers has gone through. 

Already several weeks ago, Tipsbladet was able to reveal that AGF and Blackburn Rovers had agreed on a price of approximately one million euros, 7.5 million kroner, and it was simply up to the goalkeeper himself whether he wanted to switch to the Superliga the club. 

On Sunday, Tipsbladet was the first media to report that the goalkeeper had decided that he would come to Denmark on Monday to have his medical check-up. 

It has gone completely according to plan, so now Leopold Wahlstedt has put his signature, which makes him AGF keeper until the summer of 2029. 

Thus, a long-awaited name finally comes to Danish football, because it is not more than a year ago that Leopold Wahlstedt was extremely close to moving to Brøndby from Odd, but at the last moment Blackburn Rovers came in from the right and seduced him to the Championship .

Leopold Wahlstedt got almost half of the league games in the Blackburn Rovers cage, but that's all over, because AGF has nipped him.”

No more Happy Flapper.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I'm not missing the point but I want to read transfer news in the transfer thread and about Rovers ladies in that thread 

Whilst I agree the discussion should also be in that thread, it relates to club finances and potentially our ability to operate in the transfer market. It is fully appropriate for this thread.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

This sounds like you are working for the club now. Time for self reflection imo.

I’m not willing to shout “Venky’s Out” into the void any more. They haven’t been moved by 2 really sustained periods of supporter pressure, and if and when they do go it’ll be because of circumstances beyond any of our control.

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s a big enough story for s procession of players to criticise the club and especially Waggott. 

I suppose you have to keep onside with the club though to achieve your aims. 

The criticisms coming in from the ex players are a completely different story to the player exodus that happens at semi-pro level, including Rovers Women, every summer.

I think I need to be accurate in my criticism of the club for them to pay any attention to it.

• Like 2

The blatant downscaling of the club has been accelerated.

Wait until the window shuts, we've sold the last of the saleable assets and are passing off promising Academy kids like Tyjon as viable first team players.

Roll on August...

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Name four more.

Why? He is good quality player. 

17 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Whilst I agree the discussion should also be in that thread, it relates to club finances and potentially our ability to operate in the transfer market. It is fully appropriate for this thread.

Why? Our budget for us might be unrelated to the Women budget which appears to be similar for the last 2 years. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Heard anything from your source recently?

No, not much at all recently - other than any transfer activity is likely to be late in the window, mostly due to the Euros and then the usual post-tournament scramble.

Not heard any names of who we'd be looking at, but I'm setting my standards at rock bottom - couple of frees and loans.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

The blatant downscaling of the club has been accelerated.

Wait until the window shuts, we've sold the last of the saleable assets and are passing off promising Academy kids like Tyjon as viable first team players.

Roll on August...

the brown stuff will hit the fan if there are no incomings and key players get sold,we`ll be relegated by febuary,you can only push fans so far,even ones as benign as ours

26 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Just isn’t news is it? The club have never allowed anyone else from the club to attend the senior training centre or mix with first team players, usually a managers decision, based probably around confidentiality of transfers and other first team business, been the case since the place was built! Although the lack of drink and toilet facilities is pretty inexcusable especially with the size of the academy and senior training centre. 

Can’t imagine any employee from ewood/ academy or the women’s team can just rock up and start using first team facilities unless it’s pre arranged and agreed with management.

I can tell you from first hand experience this is accurate. Also applies down at the Academy. Could share plenty of stories.

This is a Football Club that takes light bulbs out of high traffic corridors at Ewood Park to save literal pennies on electricity.

Also one of the few Football Clubs in the country that charges (preposterous) rent to their Community Trust - In our case just to use the run down Darwen End and the BRIC (which they had to pay/source funding themselves to renovate).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think there are very few posters on this MB who do not believe our club is a total shambles.

The alleged treatment of our ladies makes me sick to the stomach.

I don't give a flying feck about transfers.

I think our club is now bereft of any moral scruples and behaves nefariously.

How anyone can defend our executive management, or cosy up to them, is beyond belief.

A very sad day in our history.

WATR support the club 100% but yeah agreed, not many others.

2 hours ago, Polky said:

It’s all coming out now 💀

55 minutes ago, alex l said:

And another...

Screenshot_20240702-212432.png

The more bad publicity for swag and the rest of them alongside him, the better it is for us in the long run, in my view. I genuinely hope more female players come forward with their thoughts and views. We know how things like this, particularly relating to women's football, can snowball on places like twitter and the like. I absolutely hate that our club is being spoken about like this. However, these ladies are inadvertently playing a big part in helping us to get the message out there. A message about how the club is ran. This is bringing unwanted attention to swag and co and will be making them uncomfortable. Good.

It feels to me as though the pressure is starting to ramp up from all angles on this hierarchy. It has been a long time coming.

If any of those ladies players are reading this or anybody else that has been at Rovers these last 14 years and has left disappointed, I can only apologise. This is not the real Blackburn Rovers and it hasn't been since November 2010. Most of us have been ashamed at the way this club has been ran since late 2010. That club, the real Rovers, will be back once Venky's, Waggott and the rest of the hangers on leave the building.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I can tell you from first hand experience this is accurate. Also applies down at the Academy. Could share plenty of stories.

This is a Football Club that takes light bulbs out of high traffic corridors at Ewood Park to save literal pennies on electricity.

Also one of the few Football Clubs in the country that charges (preposterous) rent to their Community Trust - In our case just to use the run down Darwen End and the BRIC (which they had to pay/source funding themselves to renovate).

From the Community Trust’s most recent accounts - looks like the club are making a profit from a charity…

IMG_1737.thumb.jpeg.6fd2db46774195b1f25b72f3aa0be209.jpeg

• Like 1